Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Heavy drizzle now. Still if it melts all the ice of the path at least we may stand a chance of getting some mail delivered!! Anyone else not had letters for a week?

We did'nt go out with any mail from my officelast Thursday or Saturday, it was'nt because we did'nt want to it was because we could'nt get the vans out of our yard. I feel sorry for you postie with a weeks worth, its taken me 2 days so far to try and clear the backlog on my delivery, should be up to date by Thursday, hopefully. You could always go to the Delivery Office and collect it yourself :unsure:

Edited by k66yla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

So need to goto bed, but can't!!

Why cant you go to bed??

Posted

well the ppcn is about to reach me, so wil stay up for a little while, but knowining that they have rain down the road in bournmouth does not fill me up with hope. however the temps here are lower 0.8c here with dew -1.5

will let you know what i get. however i am right on the coast so if its rain for me it might not be for yourolleyes.gif

post-10842-12633383447828_thumb.png

Posted

imho, this isn't going to happen. Our lovely cold block is killing the front.

Just like the 80's. It's actually colder here than the last two nights!

Oh well................I'm sure the atlantic will win eventually. :unsure:

Posted

Why cant you go to bed??

Because it's nearly by me (well the light stuff lol and Not that i'm saying we are going to get anything heavy anyway) I watched it make landfall at lands end 7-8ish this morning, been checking throughout the day, got to see it at least onto Our coast lol

Posted

You could always go to the Delivery Office and collect it yourself :yahoo:

Can I really do that as I would be more than happy to do so to get a letter i am waiting for?

Still steady drizzle here but temp down to 2.4C. Perhaps if it dropped a lot more and became really heavy we might see some snow? Pigs might fly maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Because it's nearly by me (well the light stuff lol and Not that i'm saying we are going to get anything heavy anyway) I watched it make landfall at lands end 7-8ish this morning, been checking throughout the day, got to see it at least onto Our coast lol

lol same ere but its still a long way off from me.

I still believe it could bring something good though rolleyes.gif

Posted

well the ppcn is about to reach me, so wil stay up for a little while, but knowining that they have rain down the road in bournmouth does not fill me up with hope. however the temps here are lower 0.8c here with dew -1.5

will let you know what i get. however i am right on the coast so if its rain for me it might not be for yourolleyes.gif

post-10842-12633383447828_thumb.png

its drizzle

(i know replying to yourself is sad)

well going cry my self to sleep see ya all next week when the cold returnsrolleyes.gif

Posted

lol same ere but its still a long way off from me.

I still believe it could bring something good though rolleyes.gif

i'll prob being saying the same thing in two hours time!!! I also think that, you just don't know, no one can be 100% with the weather :yahoo:

http://www.shorehamairport.co.uk/webcam.asp

Shoreham Airport!

Has been clear and no I can see Specks of what looks like snow, might not be but poss

Cool looks good, don't quite get them charts yet much tho :yahoo: lol

Edited by jojobut

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

i'll prob being saying the same thing in two hours time!!! I also think that, you just don't know, no one can be 100% with the weather :drinks:

http://www.shorehamairport.co.uk/webcam.asp

Shoreham Airport!

Has been clear and no I can see Specks of what looks like snow, might not be but poss

Cool looks good, don't quite get them charts yet much tho :drinks: lol

I was about to say that they are planes! But then the view changed and by Jove I think you could be right. Promising for here then!

Posted

I was about to say that they are planes! But then the view changed and by Jove I think you could be right. Promising for here then!

lol looks quite heavy ish

Posted

I keep thinking it may be sleet here now instead of rain but it is so hard to tell now it is dark. The wind is blowing it around more than I would expect it to do if it was just rain though. Probably wishful thinking or maybe seeing spots in front of my eyes from too much lampost watching. I will give it another hour before bed I reckon.

Whatever it is it is definitely heavier.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

I keep thinking it may be sleet here now instead of rain but it is so hard to tell now it is dark. The wind is blowing it around more than I would expect it to do if it was just rain though. Probably wishful thinking or maybe seeing spots in front of my eyes from too much lampost watching. I will give it another hour before bed I reckon.

If it is, then hopefully it will turn more snowy for you :drinks:

Guest Quantumsnow

Snowing lightly here when I looked out a few mins ago, smallish flakes but definately snow.

Good luck all and good night, here's hoping it goes on for a while...

Posted

It's getting closer (at least I think it is) and I'm hoping for some snow but I feel that I may be let down? Currently I have a temperature of -1.7c, however, I don't know the current dew point! Up the road at Heathrow the temperature is +1c with a dew point of -2c.

This should be good for snow right? As I say I don't know it but can't imagine my dew point would be above 0c unsure.gif

I wasn't sure if there were any other factors to take in to consideration. cc_confused.gif

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

It's getting closer (at least I think it is) and I'm hoping for some snow but I feel that I may be let down? Currently I have a temperature of -1.7c, however, I don't know the current dew point! Up the road at Heathrow the temperature is +1c with a dew point of -2c.

This should be good for snow right? I wasn't sure of there were any other factors to take in to consideration. cc_confused.gif

Na 100% certain you'll get snow.

Just started flurrieying.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I've just driven back from Burgess hill to Peacehaven, no rain/snow yet, but looks to be close looking at the radar. Not had a chance to read through all the posts tonight, has anyone had much snow from this band moving over tonight, or is it falling as rain?

Posted

www.raintoday.co.uk I'd say you'd get some don't think we are all suppose to have much but some, but i don't know a great deal, i think you'll be ok tho :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Most definitely light snow in Brighton.

Posted

I've just driven back from Burgess hill to Peacehaven, no rain/snow yet, but looks to be close looking at the radar. Not had a chance to read through all the posts tonight, has anyone had much snow from this band moving over tonight, or is it falling as rain?

Sadly falling as rain here but temp is still 2.2C. You will probably be luckier further east.

Posted

ppn is spreading from the West and will give the SE 1 - 5cm of snow. Coastal areas may see rain/sleet.

There will be some travel disruptions due to the very low temps and fresh snowfall.

Here in Shirley, Croydon, there is still a covering of snow/ice even though a slight thaw has been in place for a few days.

There is a possibility of much colder conditions setting in next week. GFS is following ECM on this possible cold set up.

Edited by yamkin