Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Sky going dark again another Snow shower on the way

Edit above

Snowing again very light though looks like it might start going on the wrong side of marginal

current temp 1c DP 0c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

2.8c rising very quickly due to the Westerly flow. The 1 and a half CM of snow/hail we have will of gone soon. Sky looks very dark toward liverpool and Wales.

Posted

Clear skys here now after this mornings snowfall about 3 inches fell in a 3-4hr perioid

snow remains intact in shaded areas but the sun is now melting the snow were it can

as an IMBY view this winter has been the best in many a year considering only 54m ASL

it may well not be over yet who knows ATM what feb holds with the models keep changing

anything could happen as i say excelent for snow so far will it continue who knows just

facinating following the models ATM

C.S

Posted

Clear skys here now after this mornings snowfall about 3 inches fell in a 3-4hr perioid

snow remains intact in shaded areas but the sun is now melting the snow were it can

as an IMBY view this winter has been the best in many a year considering only 54m ASL

it may well not be over yet who knows ATM what feb holds with the models keep changing

anything could happen as i say excelent for snow so far will it continue who knows just

facinating following the models ATM

C.S

3 INCHES?! we got 1cm! :crazy:

Posted

3 INCHES?! we got 1cm! sad.gif

What a difference a few miles make LOL

reports from manchester airport of 4 inches LOL

C.S

Posted

What a difference a few miles make LOL

reports from manchester airport of 4 inches LOL

C.S

No fair. It was hailstone btw, around 2cms of hailstone we've had, temp just dropped 1.5c in less than an hour now under clear skies, and a weak westerly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

3 INCHES?! we got 1cm! :)

1cm???? I got 1mm

Posted

Just to confirm, here in Saddleworth we got absolutely nothing from that spell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

As usual the west of cumbria gets no snowwallbash.gif

Posted

Anyone got any thoughts on snow potential for the first part of this week, say from mon afternoon to weds? Granada weather say things could get wintry for the rush hour tomorrow, and gfs showing a band of snow moving down on tues afternoon and a band of snow moving up during weds, it shows the temps to be hovering between 3-5c but not sure of dew points.

Posted

-3.4C currently.

On today's satelitte pics, you could just make out the lying snow streak running from about the Ribble estuary to the Macclesfield area.

Anyone travelling along the M62 westwards, would have got a shock to see lying snow and slush on carriageway between Eccles and Burtonwood junctions.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

As I commented yesterday evening, I was expecting south west parts of the region to catch some snow showers overnight, what I hadn't vouched for was the snow streamer off the Irish Sea at a much more northerly point. A very localised heavy pulse of snow for some regions then this morning, very unexpected and a surprise for those affected I imagine.

Cumbria has stayed dry all day with no precipitation to speak of, the snowline is about 600m, real shame we haven't joined in the fun of many other parts of the country in terms of snowfall. Conditions have been perfect all weekend with blue skies and sunshine to have had snow on the ground would have made it a very special one indeed, I suppose the positive is that people have been able to get out into the hills at a quite high level with relative ease, had we got snow, then the hills would have been out of bounds for many. I've certainly made the most of the great conditions, spending yesterday on Black Combe and today in the Ullswater valley and the eastern fells, glorious views all round.

Posted

Hi,

As you know I am in south Liverpool what sort of temperatures could I expect for tonight? Would -3 or -4 be possible I would expect it with clear skies what are your temps at the moment it will be nice to get a good frost also is there anything wintry expected either for tonight or tomorrow morning looking at the radar is their any chance that any of those snow showers currently over Scotland and Northern Ireland some of them currently quite intense could actually make it here?

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No chance of -3C or -4C in Liverpool Luke. Currently +2C here.

Posted

Hi,

Why wouldn't it be possible - Irish Sea influence/breeze? Wind direction? I notice that Manchester Airport is already down to -3C so surely -3 should be possible by morning if it stays clear.

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

On northwest weather just now, they said a good chance of snow wed night here in blackburn, Im not holding my breath though.

Edited by chicken soup

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

On northwest weather just now, they said a good chance of snow wed night here, Im not holding my breath though.

Were is here C S ,you don't say were you are or do you just mean the whole of the north west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

sorry im in blackburn, she just said at end of forecast possible snow wed night, she did,nt specify where exactly.

Edited by chicken soup

Posted

Woke up to an overall 2cm of snow and hailstone. Not bad eh?