Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Proper flakes falling in the wind here.

still snowing here and thats since 4.55am although its light at the moment, showing signs it could get heavier in the next half hour or so :unsure:

Can someone post the latest netweather radar screenshot please?!

it is seriously starting to fragment, for a better view of this band go to http://www.raintoday.co.uk it shows it more clearly.

Met office have lost the plot completely now...they have put orange warnings for the east coast..this stuff is highly unlikely to make it there surely.

post-8049-12633740919028_thumb.png

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

still snowing here and thats since 4.55am although its light at the moment, showing signs it could get heavier in the next half hour or so :acute:

I can't see any signs of it getting heavier, I can only see it fragmenting.

it is seriously starting to fragment, for a better view of this band go to http://www.raintoday.co.uk it shows it more clearly.

Met office have lost the plot completely now...they have put orange warnings for the east coast..this stuff is highly unlikely to make it there surely.

Sorry but I think to say that the Met Office have lost the plot is crazy!! You obviously don't have much of an idea of how hard it is to forecast these kinds of 'events'. I think they should be shown a bit of respect for the extremely difficult job they do. An orange warning is just that - a warning to be 'prepared for'. If you read the warning for the east coast, it includes the warning of icy roads, not just potential snow.

Better to warn and then take the warning away if need be, than not to warn at all.

Edited by Louise

Posted

Still hanging on to full snow cover in Longridge, last couple of nights frost have been just the trick. 25 days cover since mid December, who'd have thunk it?

The lightest of light snow slinking out of the sky in Blackpool.

Posted

I can't see any signs of it getting heavier, I can only see it fragmenting.

Sorry but I think to say that the Met Office have lost the plot is crazy!! You obviously don't have much of an idea of how hard it is to forecast these kinds of 'events'. I think they should be shown a bit of respect for the extremely difficult job they do. An orange warning is just that - a warning to be 'prepared for'.

its struggling to even get to manchester let alone across the mersey all the while fragmenting as it does so..this band is very weak and I cannot see it making it there, if it does it will be no more different than it is for those places in advisories areas which it was...if its for a warning the only thing I can assume by their wording is for ice..but did it even get below freezing last night up there?

EDIT: my apologies, it was apparently for icy roads not for snow..i initially took it meaning for snow..must not jump to conclusions..but from what I have been reading its been in the + territory for a few days up there.

hehe its been slightly intensifying around chester.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Snow has picked up in intensity here, small flakes but more of them.

Just started here too!

Very light snow.

Karyo

Posted

Some snow overnight to join the white stuff covering us since last Tuesday and before and a very light fall just starting now.

Posted

still snowing here and thats since 4.55am although its light at the moment, showing signs it could get heavier in the next half hour or so smile.gif

Nimbo, I totally agree!! MO overkill the warnings and everyone looses faith. In Cumbria we had no warnings yet woke up to 2cm of fresh snow (from 4am). This ontop of the ice has made the roads like a skid pan round here. Then watching the weather news on BBC they say we 'MAY' get some sleet snow later today!!! It's still snowing now!

Look out of the window man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Light snow now falling here as well, very small flakes, sky looks full of it to the South.

Posted

Still snowing and trying to increase in intensity. The flakes are becoming more noticeable!

Hopefully the wind will ease as the day progresses.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Looks like a steady downgrade of the mild interlude this week-end is on the way...the second I'm confident the snow cover above 3/400m in the hills has remained intact, I'm popping the champagne open (you might have guessed I really, really like hiking in the snow by now...)

Posted

Snowing constantly here, varying in intensity-side roads and pavements are covered again-took me an 1 hour to get into Liverpool CC (7 miles) on bus.

Edited by martinj2

Posted

Slizzle/Snizzle here in Manchester. Nothing to write home about, or even to post into a forum about - but hey there you go.

Posted

Snowing lightly in Bury and is intensifying slightly as time passes. Looking at the Rain today radar there is some more heading this way, whether it will make it to Bacup I am unsure at the moment, but I think we've really had enough there already, I still have very inconvenient snow drifts in my garden!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Finally started to snow lightly here, the flakes are much bigger than I expected considering it looks so light on the radar.

Posted

It's slowed down to slight talcum powder now! And the thaw has started already. We have two and a half cm's though - not bad from a couple of hours of very light snowfall.

Posted

still snowing here and thats since 4.55am although its light at the moment, showing signs it could get heavier in the next half hour or so smile.gif

The warnings are for black ice which has cause huge problems across Yorkshire.

Posted

mmmm... turned to more persistent light snow in Manchester centre now. Would have caused quite a lot of problems if it was heavier, as it's coming down with some intensity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

a very slight covering here and dandruff size snow flakes been falling for hours now, it would be chaos if this was heavy.

temp 0.5c

DP -1.5c