Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Andy Music Thread

Methuselah

Posted

I'm 6.5c here- not a chance!

Although, to be honest, SW Wales has never had a prayer this time round...

I'm watching purely as an interested third party. It may illustrate the 'strength' of the block and give further clues as to what may happen later.

Though, it must be said, I'm getting a little frustrated with 'the block'- is this the third or fourth week it hasn't rather than has? Personally, I've always enjoyed a northerly that was more than an easterly that wasn't!

I think this one is of more interest to east and inland Walians than west walians I'm afraid - but we might not even get anything or much anyway - we shall see!

Posted

IMO tomorrow is not going to see huge amounts of snow for Wales. I think North-East might see a little bit but it will sleety.

Although the winds will be coming from the North for Scotland they appear to be from the West for Wales which of course will not be as cold as from the North.

Like benb said earlier in the thread NAE is usually pretty good for short term precip. and its not really showing that much for the majority of Wales, its the same with GFS.

Posted

IMO tomorrow is not going to see huge amounts of snow for Wales. I think North-East might see a little bit but it will sleety.

Although the winds will be coming from the North for Scotland they appear to be from the West for Wales which of course will not be as cold as from the North.

Like benb said earlier in the thread NAE is usually pretty good for short term precip. and its not really showing that much for the majority of Wales, its the same with GFS.

So if we write this week off, how about next week... sorry - can't keep up with the model discussions and the banter on this page! It's just too much! LOL!

Posted

So if we write this week off, how about next week... sorry - can't keep up with the model discussions and the banter on this page! It's just too much! LOL!

Have a read of the model thread- Darren Ferguson has posted some quite interesting stuff, IMO. From the horse's mouth, so to speak,- always worth listening to...

Sorry- slightly misread your post... but the point remains the same.

Edited by benb

Posted

Have a read of the model thread- Darren Ferguson has posted some quite interesting stuff, IMO. From the horse's mouth, so to speak,- always worth listening to...

Sorry- slightly misread your post... but the point remains the same.

D'you mean Ian Ferguson?

possible colder weather middle of next week - models are all over the place at the mo with the current set up - I think everyone's a bit fed up really - we could just do with a sign - ground hog day today and the result was 6 more weeks of winter - that is just as good as any of the models right now!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

D'you mean Ian Ferguson?

possible colder weather middle of next week - models are all over the place at the mo with the current set up - I think everyone's a bit fed up really - we could just do with a sign - ground hog day today and the result was 6 more weeks of winter - that is just as good as any of the models right now!

Trouble is Andy have n't seen many Groundhogs in Wales lately.

Posted

Andy muisc

6 days until february 8th.

I would bring a toothbrush to the trial next monday.

Perhaps plead insanity ?

Either way i think its looking likely, that you shall be convicted of the earlier mentioned weather crimes.

There was hope for you yesterday, and its still not over yet but as i said dont forget your toothbrush.

I noted for the first time in one of your posts earlier today, that you seemed resigned to milder conditions.

You have to keep fighting!!

Come on Andy dont give up !

Get down to that mumbles pier , face the atlantic (or point in that direction) and tell it to go away.

Dont give up!

Posted

Andy muisc

6 days until february 8th.

I would bring a toothbrush to the trial next monday.

Perhaps plead insanity ?

Either way i think its looking likely, that you shall be convicted of the earlier mentioned weather crimes.

There was hope for you yesterday, and its still not over yet but as i said dont forget your toothbrush.

I noted for the first time in one of your posts earlier today, that you seemed resigned to milder conditions.

You have to keep fighting!!

Come on Andy dont give up !

Get down to that mumbles pier , face the atlantic (or point in that direction) and tell it to go away.

Dont give up!

Are you representing the CPS in my "weather crimes"

As long as a flake of snow falls here tomorrow morning I've won that one

As far as 8th Feb is concerned - there's still time and the way the meto are talking the middle of next week may still be on for cold - so I'll only be a few days out

As far as the 25th Jan - well I'll have to plead guilty m'laud - but ask for other defendants to stand trial with me on that one!pardon.gif

By the way I would offer you a choccy hob nob (gfriend bought them today and they are sooooooooo delicious) - but you seem to want to put me awaycc_confused.gif

Posted

As far as 8th Feb is concerned - there's still time and the way the meto are talking the middle of next week may still be on for cold - so I'll only be a few days out

As far as the 25th Jan - well I'll have to plead guilty m'laud - but ask for other defendants to stand trial with me on that one!pardon.gif

By the way I would offer you a choccy hob nob (gfriend bought them today and they are sooooooooo delicious) - but you seem to want to put me awaycc_confused.gif

lol

The 8th is the day of the trial.

However, if you can find that one flake , then perhaps the judge may be leniant on you, and order you to give a written apology to the atlantic.

But should the judge be harsh and the said flake is not forthcoming, then i expect the judge will make you stand on top of your Volvo for 48 hours in the face of the most miserable mild weather imaginable.

48 hours of driving rain , 30-50mph winds , 12 degrees blow torch heat, and the greyest of grey skies.

The atlantic system may also want to sue for character assasination etc.

The flake will need to be independantly verified.

Also a recording of it falling (mobile phone acceptable) is required.

And the flake must not start to melt for 10 seconds.

Anyway, fingers crossed that the models u turn once more, but the glimmer of hope from yesterday , i think , was just that , a glimmer.

Posted

lol

The 8th is the day of the trial.

However, if you can find that one flake , then perhaps the judge may be leniant on you, and order you to give a written apology to the atlantic.

But should the judge be harsh and the said flake is not forthcoming, then i expect the judge will make you stand on top of your Volvo for 48 hours in the face of the most miserable mild weather imaginable.

48 hours of driving rain , 30-50mph winds , 12 degrees blow torch heat, and the greyest of grey skies.

The atlantic system may also want to sue for character assasination etc.

The flake will need to be independantly verified.

Also a recording of it falling (mobile phone acceptable) is required.

And the flake must not start to melt for 10 seconds.

Anyway, fingers crossed that the models u turn once more, but the glimmer of hope from yesterday , i think , was just that , a glimmer.

well somethingwhistling.gif is on it's way in to south wales now sooooooooooo

will it be

a. rain

b. freezing rain

c. sleet

d. snow

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

e. a combination of all of the above!

Posted

Andy just seen news 24 high pressure building from the n east gradually getting cooler with a easterley developing.

Posted

Andy just seen news 24 high pressure building from the n east gradually getting cooler with a easterley developing.

may be I've been saved by the bell - we'll see - GFS 18z a complete mess with mild all over it - so obviously not the charts the meto/beeb are using - might be a sharp turn around in the models first thing tomorrow then!

Posted

Cant understand what charts the met are using even the hp is starting to block the rain thursday with pressure rising ,but i cant see hp on charts? jack one what charts do the beeb use?

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

This is starting to remind me of an old Star Trek episode where Kirk was hailed as a God by the simple natives - eventually when the truth dawned that Kirk was only human and could not summon the lightning on cue, said natives attempted to stone him to death - this is whats going to happen to me in work on Andy Music day when the ice storm fails to arrive.

Andy - pack your bags, get down the Mumbles and do your stuff - the natives are getting restless :0)

Posted

may be I've been saved by the bell - we'll see - GFS 18z a complete mess with mild all over it - so obviously not the charts the meto/beeb are using - might be a sharp turn around in the models first thing tomorrow then!

The only thing constant is the met confidence of the cold spell starting sunday , and i did notice the rain wasent as heavy as it was predicted today so it seems like pressure is building to the east.

Posted

This is starting to remind me of an old Star Trek episode where Kirk was hailed as a God by the simple natives - eventually when the truth dawned that Kirk was only human and could not summon the lightning on cue, said natives attempted to stone him to death - this is whats going to happen to me in work on Andy Music day when the ice storm fails to arrive.

Andy - pack your bags, get down the Mumbles and do your stuff - the natives are getting restless :0)

I'm doing all I can - Ground hog day - result - 6 more weeks of winter

snow dancing

voo doo snow spells

Gypsy crystal balls

psychics

time machines

I'm even seeing if I can find superman in the phone directory - he seems to be able to sort the weather out when necessary!

you name it - I'm trying it!

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

snow dancing

voo doo snow spells

Gypsy crystal balls

psychics

time machines

I'm even seeing if I can find superman in the phone directory - he seems to be able to sort the weather out when necessary!

as long as your not slacking then lol

Posted

Andy get out the garden mate and do a snow dance because the wind down mumbles will do nothing for your hair lol, i think if these charts stay like they are some people will need anti depresants.

Posted

as long as your not slacking then lol

No I'm not a "Slacker" Steve

Famous back to the future quote there!

Andy get out the garden mate and do a snow dance because the wind down mumbles will do nothing for your hair lol, i think if these charts stay like they are some people will need anti depresants.

I don't get depressed about the weather - just enjoy what comes me! - talking about my hair had it cut today - number 2 - that might help our snow chances - just as I get a summer cut a raging blizzard and cold spell develops - another good sign!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

No I'm not a "Slacker" Steve

Famous back to the future quote there!

I don't get depressed about the weather - just enjoy what comes me! - talking about my hair had it cut today - number 2 - that might help our snow chances - just as I get a summer cut a raging blizzard and cold spell develops - another good sign!

i dont mind as long as it dont rain i hate the rain,now you had a grade 2 you will need a hat or you may catch a chill lol.

Posted

snow dancing

voo doo snow spells

Gypsy crystal balls

psychics

time machines

Well I am sorry Andy, that is just not good enough, try harder. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

well somethingwhistling.gif is on it's way in to south wales now sooooooooooo

will it be

a. rain

b. freezing rain

c. sleet

d. snow

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

e. a combination of all of the above!

Rain for the coasts, inland and on high ground above 300 meters - Sleet and Wet Snow, Snow more likely for North & Mid Wales.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Rain for the coasts, inland and on high ground above 300 meters - Sleet and Wet Snow, Snow more likely for North & Mid Wales.

well so far I can report rain - but it is progged to get colder through the night so I ain't givin in just yet and the precip may get heavier - giving a better chance of the white flakey stuff

Cant understand what charts the met are using even the hp is starting to block the rain thursday with pressure rising ,but i cant see hp on charts? jack one what charts do the beeb use?

The BBC use the Met Office FAX Charts, and the forecast graphics as shown on TV are a mix of the NAE model and the UKMO model, both from the Met Office.

There never was any real chance of any snow for South Wales, and recent charts are showing this trend continue. As for next week, I am not convinced that it has yet been sorted out, it may be mild, but I would not rule out a cold outcome, interesting comments from both Glacier Point and John Holmes in the forecast thread.