Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Andy Music Thread

Methuselah

Amazed to wake up to a covering of snow this morning! Where did that come from? Last night's forecast suggested temperatures of 8 degrees for today and snow only for N Wales and the northwest. I was going to put my thermals in the wash, and had to dig them out again.

Monmouthshire/Herefordshire border c900ft ASL

Posted

Amazed to wake up to a covering of snow this morning! Where did that come from? Last night's forecast suggested temperatures of 8 degrees for today and snow only for N Wales and the northwest. I was going to put my thermals in the wash, and had to dig them out again.

Monmouthshire/Herefordshire border c900ft ASL

seems I wasn't far off the mark then - not snow for everyone but a select few got it - could have upgraded even more - as is our easterly which is now back on the table for next week 8th/9th Feb

GFS is playing a game of "millionaire" with us I think and keeps saying the well heeled phrase:-

"I Don't Want To Give You That"

as it changes it's mind all the time

The meto are standing fast and have kept ther "cool" if you excuse the pun and keep on the trail of the easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

So the cold will come back? Sorry i'm not too good at reading the models! Cold here only 3 degrees with drizzle and mist, feels really dull

Posted

Moderate snow here for the past couple of hours

Posted

So the cold will come back? Sorry i'm not too good at reading the models! Cold here only 3 degrees with drizzle and mist, feels really dull

yep - won't be long - slightly milder weekend to endure then colder into next week!

Posted

Latest GFS 12z - cold North Easterlies will be coming back as from the 8th Feb as planned and then by next wednesday which is just within the high res reliable time frame a "potential blizzard" is on the cards until thursday with cold stretching as far as the eye can see! - get ready for part two of

2010 - The WINTER to end all WINTERS

Posted

Latest GFS 12z - cold North Easterlies will be coming back as from the 8th Feb as planned and then by next wednesday which is just within the high res reliable time frame a "potential blizzard" is on the cards until thursday with cold stretching as far as the eye can see! - get ready for part two of

I am sooooo excited I could crush a grape...... lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

And here everyone was writing the bbc's cold outlook off.

My sister is staying in Colamendi can anyone confirm snow around that area?

Posted

I am sooooo excited I could crush a grape...... lol

Nice one Ali - Bobby Ball would be proud of you - think Liza's got him on her facebook friend's list

looks good now for freezing snowy weather - that groundhog doesn't half know a thing or two about the weather eh!

Posted

Nice one Ali - Bobby Ball would be proud of you - think Liza's got him on her facebook friend's list

looks good now for freezing snowy weather - that groundhog doesn't half know a thing or two about the weather eh!

Credit when credit due the met office where all was loosing there head jay wynne said cold next week they all laughed on this site ,Gulp THe met where RIGHT!

Credit when credit due the met office where all was loosing there head jay wynne said cold next week they all laughed on this site ,Gulp THe met where RIGHT!

Well it's not settled yet, a lot can go wrong still. Confidence is definitely increasing though... a good ECM tonight with ensemble support and then we could start getting excited.

Posted

Don't count on it!

Any serious cold is still out of the reliable timeframe. We've been in this situation for three weeks- as you well know- with the easterly appearing, being pushed back, disappearing then reappearing again. It's a very finely balanced situation that is far from nailed and to suggest otherwise is frankly misleading.

I'll be waiting until Fri/Sat before drawing any conclusions about any approaching cold for next week.

Posted

Don't count on it!

Any serious cold is still out of the reliable timeframe. We've been in this situation for three weeks- as you well know- with the easterly appearing, being pushed back, disappearing then reappearing again. It's a very finely balanced situation that is far from nailed and to suggest otherwise is frankly misleading.

I'll be waiting until Fri/Sat before drawing any conclusions about any approaching cold for next week.

Fair point as i said i eat humble pie strange though if met correct how they been so persistant about next week forecaste considering how unreliable they have been.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

And here everyone was writing the bbc's cold outlook off.

My sister is staying in Colamendi can anyone confirm snow around that area?

Do you mean Colomendy in Loggerheads near Mold (place where schools go to stay for a few days)? If so, then no - no snow. Drove past it an hour ago - just a bit of rain. Pity because they got completely dumped on early Jan and a few snow events since.

Posted

Snowing heavy here complete white out probably had 50mm in the last half hour

Forgot to say I am in Mexborough nr Rotherham with work

Picture from my hotel window supposed to be coming home tomorrow

post-6716-12652204307388_thumb.jpg

Posted

5 DAYS TO THE WEATHER CRIMES TRIAL OF THE CENTURY.

It would seem things have turned once more , and this time in your favour Andy.

However, even though the snow was mighty close to you, i am assuming you did not find that snow flake?

(You or any machinery are not permitted to travel in a upward direction, of more than 6 foot from the top of your roof, to find the flake).

So that rules out home made rockets with mobile phones attatched.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick..... what will it be?

It was on then it was off, then it was on again, then it was cruelly off for a second time, however another turn ,and could this be third time lucky?

Perhaps the models took heed of what the groundhog did yesterday?

Some good news for you though Andy, as i have been informed that the trial may be delayed by up to two days, should the beasterly appear on the horizon on the 8th.

This horizon is within a forecast of pending said beasterly arriving within 48 hours.

Keep trying !!

Shockingly bad drizzly crap on m4 back to Swansea earlier, grey cold and drizzle shmizzle,was absolutely

disgusting weather.

ANDY MUSIC DAY FEBRUARY 8TH.

Chocolate Hob nobs and tea will be served free of charge in the public gallery.

Posted

Don't count on it!

We now have a complete consensus from all models on a north easterly/easterly come tuesday wednesday next week ECM/UKMO/GFS + the meto are bullish about this too - I don't think there's any doubt now - even given the way the models have been performing lately that this all points one way!

Posted

We now have a complete consensus from all models on a north easterly/easterly come tuesday wednesday next week ECM/UKMO/GFS + the meto are bullish about this too - I don't think there's any doubt now - even given the way the models have been performing lately that this all points one way!

Thats a minimum of 144 hours , and past ANDY MUSIC DAY.

However ANDY , what we have not discussed it what will happen if you are proved correct?

Sainthood?

Knighthood?

Will the winter of 09/10 be forever reffered to as the winter of Andymusic?

Generations from now will recall the oracle Andymusic!

Tales of his extraordinary feats of weather prediction, will be told in the valleys for years to come.

Perhaps a film ?, who knows.

A rags to riches tale , pictures of the volvo stuck in that hole, so hungry that he reverted to canibalism, to pictures of the islands he owns in the carribean, the population of the world hanging off his every word!

There will however be underground tales of how it was nothing to with Andy, but infact it was his pet groundhog that started it all.

However such future stories will lead to execution by our Chinese rulers.

???^^ I dont know where all that came from but it could happen.

Chinese rulers?? wtf

Posted

Yep- Given recent model performance at 120+ hrs, to another backtrack/downgrade!

Seriously though, I hope your continued faith in the long-range forecasting ability of the models is proven right- I'm after snow as much as anyone. However, all the forecasters/models have, at some point, predicted easterlies since the end of the cold spell and not one of them has become reality.

Third time lucky? Who knows...

Posted

Thats a minimum of 144 hours , and past ANDY MUSIC DAY.

However ANDY , what we have not discussed it what will happen if you are proved correct?

Sainthood?

Knighthood?

Will the winter of 09/10 be forever reffered to as the winter of Andymusic?

Generations from now will recall the oracle Andymusic!

Tales of his extraordinary feats of weather prediction, will be told in the valleys for years to come.

Perhaps a film ?, who knows.

A rags to riches tale , pictures of the volvo stuck in that hole, so hungry that he reverted to canibalism, to pictures of the islands he owns in the carribean, the population of the world hanging off his every word!

There will however be underground tales of how it was nothing to with Andy, but infact it was his pet groundhog that started it all.

However such future stories will lead to execution by our Chinese rulers.

???^^ I dont know where all that came from but it could happen.

Chinese rulers?? wtf

I'm already an ABSM & GBSM (Graduate and associate of the Birmingham school of music) - so a knight hood might be nice!

Who's gonna play me in the film? - will there be a sequel?

The Chinese are a bit worrying aren't they - even America should have concerns I bet!

Snow is a comin - snow is a comin - snow is a comin

SNOW IS THE REAL THING

As well as all the models and the meto - Joe B has spoken and he says by middle of next week cold is coming back - winter is not over and not to put away your woolies!

The models are looking much more promising than they were yesterday.

However caution is still needed, yesterday some were saying that a mild spell was nailed on, and they wrong, so it is equally wrong for anyone to say a cold spell is nailed on, even though it is looking possible even likely that cold weather is on the way back for next week.

Posted

Not so the met jack one jaye winn been on all week saying about the cold spell nice to see met man get it right hooooooorah.