Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Indeed, a close shave for you north of Stratford, but maybe a mile or 2 southeast.

im in hinckley. Definately hasnt snowed here

No it looked east of Hinckley to me too, perhaps Gloria is more Burbage or even Sharnford, that would have got the shower.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

im in fleckney a village between leicester and market harborough

Oh thanks for clearing that up!

Anyway more showers lining up for the East Mids today.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't care that I haven't got snow because it is absolutely gorgeous out there today, pretty much unbroken sunshine and cold - if I can't have snow then that will do very nicely indeed.

Posted

Its put a covering down at Draycote.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Need I say more!!!! hahahaha!!!! HAVE FUN LEICESTER FOLK!!!

post-8050-12657999166917_thumb.png

Posted

can any1 tel me how the radars looking 4 my area.

Bit of a line of snow showers tracking to your SE on the NE flow really, you may catch one soon,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

As I thought, it skirted past me but I could actually see snow falling Stratford way! Could be fun today, there are a fair few showers around.

Posted

Just had a few flakes blowing round in Nuneaton even though the clouds were not directly overhead. The partial dusting from overnight is long gone. Nothing too interesting on the radar for me now, may get something by mid-late afternoon. As I had guesstimated at the weekend, Monday turned out to be the more interesting day in terms of length of time of stuff falling out of the sky. Meanwhile the models have gone a bit rubbish for the rest of this week & next week, so I am preparing myself for the end of meaningful snow this winter.

Oh maybe I am wrong, the blob thats just gone over Grantham and is heading towards Leicester has spread out a bit so if I am really lucky the edge of it might clip Nuneaton within an hour.

Posted

just had an amazing snow shower, made it all the way down here! gave a little sugar dusting! yahoo.gif

woah started snowing again! looks like another beefy boy heading right for redditch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

i hate all of you ... nonono.gif

blum.gif

post-8050-12658041327817_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Heavy snow showers filtering down through Derbyshire into Staffordshire, possible accumulations??......I'm right in the 'hot zone'

post-4149-12658050533317_thumb.txt

Posted

Just laughing at the BBC weather. They talk about a few light snow showers.

It's been snowing heavily here for 10 minutes. 12mm of fluffy snow. Christmas card stuff.

Edited by valiant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just laughing at the BBC weather. They talk about a few light snow showers.

It's been snowing heavily here for 10 minutes. 12mm of fluffy snow. Christmas card stuff.

Yep, moderate snow shower here in Penkridge, big flakes & showing signs of settling, and 2 or 3 big showers further to the NE training towards me

Posted

Yep, moderate snow shower here in Penkridge, big flakes & showing signs of settling, and 2 or 3 big showers further to the NE training towards me

crap! they keep missing me to my westnonono.gifdiablo.gif

okay...just seen a nice shower on rain today chart that is west of nottingham atm! seems to be heading my way! fingers crossed

Posted

crap! they keep missing me to my westnonono.gifdiablo.gif

okay...just seen a nice shower on rain today chart that is west of nottingham atm! seems to be heading my way! fingers crossed

That one's got my name & Birmingham's on it....Further NE, near Leeds, there's another clump of showers developing & I'd expect them to follow the same track :rolleyes:

Posted

yep i see em! looking good!

i just went over to the s/e thread and i tell ya they r going nuts over there! IT'S HILARIOUS!

I think they r all peeing their pants! its like none of them have ever seen snow lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

WOWWWW ABSOLUTE WHITEOUTTT!!!!! HEAD ON FROM A SNOW SHOWER...BLIZZARD..WHITEOUT..MASSIVE FLAKES WE HAVE OVER HALF A CENTRE METRE COVERING ALREADY!!!!!