Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

WOWWWW ABSOLUTE WHITEOUTTT!!!!! HEAD ON FROM A SNOW SHOWER...BLIZZARD..WHITEOUT..MASSIVE FLAKES WE HAVE OVER HALF A CENTRE METRE COVERING ALREADY!!!!!

So, let me get this straight.....its snowing in Rugely?.....lol....nice one!

We're just getting the edges of that shower, some big flakes blowing about in the wind :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm, heavy snow shower making a B-line for the LE3 shield. Could be the first proper shower of the day. All we have had so far is about 3 flakes and that was it :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Got a visual on this fairly large shower. The heaviest of the shower is passing me to my NW by a good few miles, but it has started to snow here considerably!

Will report back on how intense it was!

Edit: Shower has moved SW now but was on the edge of it so had some largely moderate snowfall, though was heavy at times. Wind was quite gusty in there aswell. Really wish I was right underneath it...can imagine there must have been some intense, blizzard-like conditions over Rugeley - where the the heaviest precip was.

Wow that was amazing, looked very dark toward my NE, then from bright winter sunshine to blizzard mayhem in 5 minutes. Visibility was down to less than 50m's at times, particularly when the wind blew and flakes turned haily. IM absolutely astounded, only wish my camera was working as that was something i haven't witnessed for a while. True intense, powdery massive flakes, wind, drifting and then a hail shower. My back garden has around a CM.

Posted

Currently having a very heavy snow shower here. Starting to cover ground.

Posted

White out here now, Wasn't expecting this at all here.

jk.

Currently having a very heavy snow shower here. Starting to cover ground.

You beat me too it lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Gah - passing north of me all these showers! Take some pics guys to show us!

Posted

Wow that was amazing, looked very dark toward my NE, then from bright winter sunshine to blizzard mayhem in 5 minutes. Visibility was down to less than 50m's at times, particularly when the wind blew and flakes turned haily. IM absolutely astounded, only wish my camera was working as that was something i haven't witnessed for a while. True intense, powdery massive flakes, wind, drifting and then a hail shower. My back garden has around a CM.

i can see it to my n/w doh.gif and its another miss! sad.gif

Posted

Finally a direct and glorious hit for Nuneaton - very large flakes, just going out in it now.

tongue.gif

just had a few flakes here sleep.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I can see cloud heading for me... could we see a few flakes...

Shower 1 before school left a covering that melted, then we had a fe more flakes later. Then another good shower at lunch which left a covering that's now melted again...

EDITED TO SAY: Think it might miss me and snow on Loopydreamer instead!

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice snow shower in Coventry:

Bablake

Posted

heaviest snow of the winter here. such a shame the grounds to warm for anything to properly settle. it is slowly getting there but a couple of degrees cooler and there would be a cm or 2 already

Posted

I can see it out of my window, looks to be another beast, sadly i think this time it might just miss toward the south east of me and slip over the lichfield area. Hope not though, another top up would be nice. There's a fair few flurries through lincolnshire also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Had a very heavy but brief snow shower. Left everywhere white, starting to melt in the sun now though, a sign that winter is beginning to fade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hammered it down here about 50 mins ago. Still a dusting left on the grass but it's melted on the pavements and road pretty much.

Posted

Had a very heavy but brief snow shower. Left everywhere white, starting to melt in the sun now though, a sign that winter is beginning to fade.

Well you've got another brief one on the way ... it's just starting snowing heavily again with blue skies following.

Posted

post-8652-12658182845817_thumb.jpgpost-8652-12658179982717_thumb.jpgpost-8652-12658168526117_thumb.jpgpost-8652-12658167494517_thumb.jpg

Heavy snow shower in the last hour, settled on grass and cars, pics might not do it justice.

Posted

Yeah, looks like it. On the latest Radar loop, the shower has developed a strong core, and I'm really hoping it hits this region dead on. Though, I suspect it'll pass a couple of miles, maybe more to my NW.

Have a clear visual on this one now, and so far it looks like it's a little more NE than the other shower a while ago on its approach. Still think that it'll scrape past here by about 2-3 miles.

omg! this is painful to watch! may just miss us again but think the edge of the shower may give us more of a chance of the white stuff!

Posted

Just absolutely hammered it down again here. topped up my grass and side street coverings to around a CM and a bit now.

Posted

Just absolutely hammered it down again here. topped up my grass and side street coverings to around a CM and a bit now.

Yeah belting it down here too, due to the water on the hard surfaces it isn't sticking. Topping up everywhere else though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Tremendous heavy snow shower at about 3.30pm - only lasted a quarter of an hour but gave half an inch on everything, though it's melting now in the sun on roads etc. Grass still white, though.

Posted

This has to be amongst the heaviest snow I have ever seen, huge flakes coming down very thick and fast, temp has gone from 0.8c to -0.8c in about 10 mins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Strewth!....heaviest snow of the winter.....big flakes, and plenty of 'em....instantly settling :D

Posted

3rd heavy snow shower of the day here, all with largeish flakes. Temp 1.0C although under the clear skies ten mins ago it was 0.0C