Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Good morning all you tax dodgers! a pretty dismal day here with rain and a temp of 5.5c will probably drop later on and we will maybe catch some wet snow.

SS2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I'm sure you're closer to the first stages than you think :D

Are you kidding?! Certainly wish I had thought of it years ago! 'Spaniels lugs' spring to mind, but you would never notice once they are tucked into my knickers! :rolleyes:

Good summary this morning. Looking at the MOD thread, Eye does seem to be siding with a few others that things probably will change soon and we should then be able to tap into the cold pool to our north north/ east. I'm feeling snow-starved now, as it's been a while. One good fall between now and mid March would satisfy me till next winter.

Good morning all you tax dodgers! a pretty dismal day here with rain and a temp of 5.5c will probably drop later on and we will maybe catch some wet snow.

SS2

I wish I was a tax dodger, I had to send those clowns £500 just a fortnight ago :rolleyes:

Posted

happy birthday blitzen have a great day. :rolleyes:

SS2

Posted

Yep today looks like being a little mild because of the mild sector but once it clears to the south the next 7-10 days still look interesting, the main risk for you guys is if the system doesn't get far enough north, though even then I think there are going to be several attempts to bring in milder air, and somewhere will get nailed by several systems, its just a matter of where the tracks end up.

Posted

I wish I was a tax dodger, I had to send those clowns £500 just a fortnight ago :rolleyes:

Aye its the wrong time of year to mention tax dodging. You have ny sympathies.

SS2

Are you kidding?! Certainly wish I had thought of it years ago! 'Spaniels lugs' spring to mind, but you would never notice once they are tucked into my knickers! :D

Good summary this morning. Looking at the MOD thread, Eye does seem to be siding with a few others that things probably will change soon and we should then be able to tap into the cold pool to our north north/ east. I'm feeling snow-starved now, as it's been a while. One good fall between now and mid March would satisfy me till next winter.

:rolleyes: At the "Spaniels lugs"!!

Just one good fall of snow will do for me too. Although if the weather gives us 2 or 3.......

It's game on from this afternoon onwards, latest Glasgow Airport TAF (i.e. airport forecast):

TAF EGPF 151104Z 1512/1612 22014KT 9999 BKN030

TEMPO 1512/1516 8000 -RA BKN010

PROB40 TEMPO 1512/1515 4000 RA BKN008

BECMG 1515/1519 VRB05KT

PROB30 TEMPO 1600/1612 4000 -SHSN -SHRASN BKN010 =

To cut a long story short, rain today then the chance of light snow or wet snow showers after midnight.

Yep today looks like being a little mild because of the mild sector but once it clears to the south the next 7-10 days still look interesting, the main risk for you guys is if the system doesn't get far enough north, though even then I think there are going to be several attempts to bring in milder air, and somewhere will get nailed by several systems, its just a matter of where the tracks end up.

If the system doesn't get far enough north does that suggest staying in the cold air for a little longer?

Posted

End of September. Been busy since then - found and bought a house, moved in at the end of November. Wasted no time, you'll notice! I've just about finished furnishing it now.

2002... that's the year we got married. Not to worry you or anything.... :rolleyes:

Had some of that liquid snow on the way in to work - it's currently 5 degrees, 998mb and falling.

Finally, Happy Birthday Blitzen! :D

Thanks for the best wishes Lady P. Hang in there girl! Seems to me that you are well rid. You have done very well to get where you are in such a short time. :)

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. They are very much appreciated. Now, if the weather would just play ball...........

Posted

I wish I was a tax dodger, I had to send those clowns £500 just a fortnight ago :D

Who ? Tax Dodgers ?

How come I never saw any of it then :rolleyes:

(cough) - on holiday due to kids school holidays, pretty damn sure I don't remember having an "In Service" days when I was at school...

Who ? Tax Dodgers ?

How come I never saw any of it then :D

(cough) - on holiday due to kids school holidays, pretty damn sure I don't remember having an "In Service" days when I was at school...

I suppose I am a tax dodger now since I lost my job in December :rolleyes: Although I am still a student so it doesn't really count!

Ah, are the other schools on holiday this week? Our schools were off last week, weird Inverclyde holidays again!!

Posted

If the system doesn't get far enough north does that suggest staying in the cold air for a little longer?

Yep, if your on the north and western side of the LP system then your going to probably have real chances of snow, the worst case is the LP ends up too far west and we end up with the whole country importing less cold air which is jsut the wrong side of marignal even for you guys.

Posted

Just had really heavy rain here for the last 20mins. It is passing now but noticed the back edge was a bit sleety?

Posted

You think? :good: I think most of the girls on here will agree with me that there are three stages in a woman's aging process. Breast Lift, face lift and stair lift! I, unfortunately, am now officially fast approaching the third category! :lol: Thank you Catch for your thoughts. Your turn tomorrow!

:D:D:DNot quite at the stair lift stage..........but its approaching too fast!!!!:acute:

Temps gone up here!!!! 5C now.......nice batch of showers approaching from the north west coast......they will get here late afternoon and be of snow I think!

Posted

hey Am New to This? Can somone Please tell me what the Chances of snow in east Central scotland Cheers :)

Hi there. You have picked a pretty difficult week to join. Unfortunately, it is just going to be a case of radar watching I'm afraid as showers can and probably will pop up anywhere. There is another model run out in about 45mins so if you check the board around 4.30pm we may have a slightly better idea how things are going to unfold. It certainly wont be mild for us here this week tho' so you never know. Do you think you could pop your location into your avatar so us folks know where you are? Hope you enjoy the forum Michaelkail!

Posted

biggrin.gif:):DNot quite at the stair lift stage..........but its approaching too fast!!!!cray.gif

Temps gone up here!!!! 5C now.......nice batch of showers approaching from the north west coast......they will get here late afternoon and be of snow I think!

Yep the temp rise is to be expected as the warm sector comes through, somewhat colder air coming down behind the front and in the showers I'd imagine things will be turning rather wintry as we head into the eveing once again...

The wraparound still looks like being a possiblity though the 0z UKMO reduced the risk, still it is well worth watching for those of you in the east of Scotland.

Posted

Happy Birthday, Blitzen! :)

Got my fingers crossed for some snow in Fife (Lochgelly/Cowdenbeath in particular) over the next few days :)

Thanks Snowmess. by the look of the latest GFS you will need everything else crossed as well! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Aye happy birthday Blizten, hope you have a good one mate :)

Went for a nice cycle in the far south of the Highlands, Loch Katrine and the top of Loch Lomond on Saturday, we got very good weather for it and Beinn Lomond was looking fantastic :)