Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Our saturday event has shifted much further south,

post-10842-12665293411417_thumb.png

Turns out to be a non-event

Further ups and downs will occur still though im sure

THX Tamara great to have your input in here. If you mention cold in the model thread Badboys will giver his usual mild speech. doh.gif

Thankssmile.gif - I might just do that and re-post in the model thread!

lol!

I think when that Mongolian development gets factored in there might be changes in the overall model output. Maybe even from tomorrowsmile.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Got to laugh 18z GFS has saturdays event to far south, and has mondays event to far north. we might not even get rain here now. Expect many changesmega_shok.gif

Could get back edge snow on monday, thats somthing huh.gif

I too think there will be changes from tomorrow :lol:

Last winter NOAA commented at one of their sessions about a late winter retrograde feature that can appear on the Mongolian plains and can cause a low level global torque which can in turn enhance blocking features. That is to put it in simple terms.

It has appeared again this time around but with much lower upper 850's in the mix.

Worth looking out for this in forthcoming meetings by these chaps, because it could influence the end of February evolution towards the next easterly. A bitter one at thatcold.gifsmile.gif

I would expect the WMC Moscow model to pick up on this first - watch for ensemble members diving off the bottom of the chartohmy.gif

NSSC, I love your posts :lol: I regularly check the WMC Moscow model along with COMAPS, and they are producing interesting cold uppers for the SE :lol:

Edited by yamkin

I too think there will be changes from tomorrow good.gif

NSSC, I love your posts air_kiss.gif I regularly check the WMC Moscow model along with COMAPS, and they are producing interesting cold uppers for the SE cold.gif

My pleasure my dear!laugh.gif

I hope you are right, mind!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

My pleasure my dear!laugh.gif

I hope you are right, mind!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

ME too, really want to see this patten shift, looks like a battleground scenerio for the next week or more with us in the south always on he side of cold rain not cold snow. comon easterly cold.gif or at least shift it 100miles further south smile.gif

Posted

ME too, really want to see this patten shift, looks like a battleground scenerio for the next week or more with us in the south always on he side of cold rain not cold snow. comon easterly cold.gif or at least shift it 100miles further south smile.gif

Keep an eye on WMC Moscow & COMAPS models :whistling:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wmce_cartes.php

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/coamps_cartes.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Just watched a sci-fi movie about ice tornados so I'm in the mood for some great weather lol! Really hope something comes off for us southerners next week! I think I'll stay here for my info rather than the model thread as I'm fed up of reading 'wet in the south, mild in the south, flooding in the south lol!' They might be right but it's like groundhog day sometimes.....I'd rather be dry than truckloads of rain though! biggrin.gif

Edited by slb97

Posted

Actually the 18z is one of the better possible solution for the SE IMO, we get several backend snow events on this 18z, and in fact we get quite a large backend event that would probably give heavy rain followed by a good 6hrs of heavy snow as well, so its a FAR better run then the 12z thats for sure.

Do I think the 18z is right?

Sadly its way over the top IMO.

Posted

NAE is showing ppn in the SE on Saturday, but the BBC & Sky News forecasters are saying it will be dry :lol:

post-2721-12665338281817_thumb.gif

Posted

hi yamkin

Another Croydon member

it looks like the forcasts are going by the fax charts

http://www.metbrief.com/EGRR.html

these show dry conditions on saturday and sunday

however look at monday as this would be a great

chart for snow over the south east.

these charts will probably look different again tomorrow

but hopefully monday will stay the same

john

Posted

As I doubt you'll be aware, there is a big push from the North Northamptonshire Development Corporation to get all you southerners out and living here, with Corby's fast new direct link into London. Those using East Midlands trains will have seen the adverts.

If you want less marginal snow, then move here. Its great in these situations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

As I doubt you'll be aware, there is a big push from the North Northamptonshire Development Corporation to get all you southerners out and living here, with Corby's fast new direct link into London. Those using East Midlands trains will have seen the adverts.

If you want less marginal snow, then move here. Its great in these situations.

Where do I sign up??? Are there any timeshares available up there? Plus I assume that free trouser presses are included???

(Obvious (& very, very bad) joke, but couldn't help myself). :lol:

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Got some light snow falling here, no settling though given the intensity. Just seen on TV snow falling at Albert Square in London too ... looked a bit heavier there.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It's snowing! :)

Posted

Really, monday night into tuesday looks perfect for us. Cold uppers and lots of PPN :)

Your right yes, we do have a good chance that night but in the bigger picture it looks like rain the rest of the week and who wants snow if its going to be rained on and slushified!? sad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

No snow here, 2C but just cloudy..

As for next week, it looks like we'll be getting all the rain and the northerners will be taking all the snow.wallbash.gif

I'm with you on that one! Us extreme southerners are not best placed I'm afraid unless things take a rather dramatic turn! What frustrates me the most is the 'potential' not coming to fruition i.e. all that wasted PPN lol! nonono.gif

Posted

I'm with you on that one! Us extreme southerners are not best placed I'm afraid unless things take a rather dramatic turn! What frustrates me the most is the 'potential' not coming to fruition i.e. all that wasted PPN lol! nonono.gif

Just like most previous years then, probably got greedy this year due to having a few dumpings and expected things to go too well, ruddy northerners.doh.gif

Just like most previous years then, probably got greedy this year due to having a few dumpings and expected things to go too well, ruddy northerners.doh.gif

Now, now!biggrin.gif We don't like the anti SE bias that tends to prevail elsewhere so lets not encourage itsmile.gif Best to wish them well - afterall the snow has been shared around this winter and most (nearly all?) of us have seem some snow at some stage or other.

I do agree with you about being getting greedy. Other winters we would have been grateful just to see a blob of sleet amongst the endless south westerly dirge that we endured for agea and ages at a time!

Posted

Now, now!biggrin.gif We don't like the anti SE bias that tends to prevail elsewhere so lets not encourage itsmile.gif Best to wish them well - afterall the snow has been shared around this winter and most (nearly all?) of us have seem some snow at some stage or other.

I do agree with you about being getting greedy. Other winters we would have been grateful just to see a blob of sleet amongst the endless south westerly dirge that we endured for agea and ages at a time!

I feel sorry for some areas of london. Luckily for me i have had 2 small dumpings and one large dumping :). But some ares only 5 miles away from me have had next to nothing!

Posted

Really, monday night into tuesday looks perfect for us. Cold uppers and lots of PPN :)

I'm holding onto that thought and will be keeping a close eye on the radar!