Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Had a look at the charts for you guys and Monday is defiantly the one to watch, the potential is there for heavy disruptive snowfall. This is all quite far away so things will change, ideally you want the precipitation to move further north if you Live in the London are or further south you live in Kent. prectypeuktopo.png

MetO's 6-15 day outlook is interesting for snow in the Southern and Eastern parts:

UK Outlook for Monday 22 Feb 2010 to Wednesday 3 Mar 2010:

An area of rain, probably falling as snow on high ground, and perhaps to lower levels for a time, is expected to affect southern and eastern parts of the U.K. for a time Monday, followed by clearer skies and a frost in many parts Monday night. Thereafter, unsettled weather is likely to continue throughout the last week of February and into the first part of March. Further showers or longer outbreaks of rain or sleet are likely, which could turn to snow at times in the north, and over high ground. Some brighter, clearer spells will also occur, with some overnight frost likely. Although on the cold side of average for much of the period, temperatures are likely to rise to near the average in the south at times.

Updated: 1200 on Wed 17 Feb 2010

Posted

cold Uppers further south on the 12z, Every GFS run seems to bring em further south.

liking the snow fest on the t+72 hour chart, if only i could see that at t+06

post-10842-12664224406917_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

the latest GFS run has increased snow chances for more of us in the SE drinks.gif over next few days. models are changing frequently to were the risk for snow is .

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

cold Uppers further south on the 12z, Every GFS run seems to bring em further south.

liking the snow fest on the t+72 hour chart, if only i could see that at t+06

post-10842-12664224406917_thumb.png

To add to your chart, here are some more :wallbash::wallbash:

post-2721-12664230866217_thumb.png

post-2721-12664230934817_thumb.png

post-2721-12664230996517_thumb.png

post-2721-12664231062317_thumb.png

post-2721-12664231146817_thumb.png

post-2721-12664231218917_thumb.png

post-2721-12664231588517_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

before i look at yamkins charts the bbc say

UK Warnings

Last updated at 13:20, Wednesday 17 February

Weather Warning

Tuesday 16 February( thats gone?)

EARLY WARNING

Rain in southwest England overnight will turn to snow as it crosses southern England, eastern Wales, The Midlands and Lincolnshire during Thursday. Up to 10cm may fall, especially across high ground

Further updates will appear here.bbc weather warningsdrinks.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

before i look at yamkins charts the bbc say

UK Warnings

Last updated at 13:20, Wednesday 17 February

Weather Warning

Tuesday 16 February

EARLY WARNING

Rain in southwest England overnight will turn to snow as it crosses southern England, eastern Wales, The Midlands and Lincolnshire during Thursday. Up to 10cm may fall, especially across high ground

Further updates will appear here.bbc weather warningsdrinks.gif

the front moving up from the south west, looks like being a rain event for most of us, more north western parts of the S.E should hopefully see rain to snow. Not untill the weekend will the conditions be right for snow

Latest NAE +36-48

post-10842-12664241039717_thumb.gif

post-10842-12664241081517_thumb.gif

post-10842-12664241126217_thumb.gif

Edited by thegreat316

Posted

updated today but still says tuesdaywacko.gifof course its for thursday but ...

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

updated today but still says tuesdaywacko.gifof course its for thursday but ...

That may have been for todays event, dont know. tomorrows event looks to be going a very similar way to todays. South east just missing out:wallbash:

Edited by thegreat316

Posted

dew points i know, but theres always haildrunk.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

dew points i know, but theres always haildrunk.gif

I've yet to see a REALLY huge hailstorm. Pencil me in for one tomorrow ok? Golf ball (oh, hang on, my car!) pea sized & at least a foot in an hour please! :lol:

Guest FireStorm

i think there is the risk of hail cover tomorow in the se

Where do you see this? CAPE values by 12z GFS of 200 J/Kg do not look that supportive of hail generally and with temperatures above freezing during the day wouldn't support a covering of hail I'd have thought

Guest archiesmummy

monday lookin good, cant take this stress again tho LOL!!

LOL am with you there! Am so excited for Mon its the anticipation, i might not look on here til sun eve........

no good i need to get my will it/wont it snow fix!!!!!!

love it when Yamkin is ramping!

yahoo.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

That would be fab especially as it's my birthday!!! What a great present that would be but feet still firmly on the ground here....biggrin.gif

Posted

Hi guys ,when will we know if this is likely to happen? Like you slb97 i am trying to keep my excitement under wraps and feet def stuck to the floor he heyahoo.gif

Posted

Hi guys ,when will we know if this is likely to happen? Like you slb97 i am trying to keep my excitement under wraps and feet def stuck to the floor he heyahoo.gif

Hi wee, if you are referring to Saturday, best check this regional thread plus charts on Friday. The same applies for Monday's event if you know what I mean.

BBC London showed snow on Friday & Saturday on their chart :p:whistling:

Posted

Hi wee, if you are referring to Saturday, best check this regional thread plus charts on Friday. The same applies for Monday's event if you know what I mean.

BBC London showed snow on Friday & Saturday on their chart clap.gifyahoo.gif

Hi Yamkin thanks for the reply,will keep one eye on the charts and the other on this thread,lets just hope this is one that comes off and we all get some good amounts before winter is over .drinks.gif

Posted

please dont get to excited just seen update looks like rain on coast even inland areas at times //just wish i was wrong.

oh,burst my bubble lol,to be honest we have had a good winter and i am happy with what we have had,but not saying i wouldnt like one last dumping .drinks.gif

Posted

Well its very quiet in here tonight,i am off to bed and wanted to say it is very cold here a frost already on the shed,car ,roof tops ,but very clear skys and crisp.cold.gif

Posted

There are two main areas of snow risk Saturday and sunday night/monday.

The 12z GFS had the patten further south meaning we had more chance of snow on the saturday event but had the sunday night snowefest in the channel.

the 18z has the patten further north. More rain then snow on saturday, still could be a bit around, But a lot of snow coming in from the channel reaching much of the south east on sunday night.

you choose which is better.

dont forget, that there still is a chance of snow tomorrow night in the northern half of our region, the meto raw output has this further south.