Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No Rain or anything in Brighton all quiet herecray.gif

well jump up and down and make a noise than Wee :D

just been outside and still pouring down in Trafalgar Square. got soaked twice today walking the doggy. would be happy if tomorrow dries out. dont mind cold. dont mind snow but cold rain is just horrible.

:)

Posted

well jump up and down and make a noise than Wee laugh.gif

just been outside and still pouring down in Trafalgar Square. got soaked twice today walking the doggy. would be happy if tomorrow dries out. dont mind cold. dont mind snow but cold rain is just horrible.

smile.gif

Well come to Brighton MAF and dry yourself off as its nice and dry here,i just want some SNOWWWWWWWWWWW.That is wishfull thinking i know but at least i can dream lol.laugh.gif

Posted

Heavy rain now turning to snow here which is quite suprising with a temp of 2.1c and DP at 2.0c

This is quite bizarre. With the above temps/dp's I was getting heavy snow. Since then the temp has fallen to 0.8c. DP 0.7c and its raining.

Posted

Well come to Brighton MAF and dry yourself off as its nice and dry here,i just want some SNOWWWWWWWWWWW.That is wishfull thinking i know but at least i can dream lol.laugh.gif

:D too long a way to come and dry off, although the offer is most welcome seeing as i would rather be anywhere other than work tonight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

proper snow now, temp 1.5, won't be too long untill it settles!

Is it still snowing there BB?

It has been heavy rain here all day, and the temp has actually gone up here in the past half hour, up to approx 4ºc (don't have a proper weather station, so am relying on an old style mercury one that is close to my kitchen window) so it looks very marginal, with those at the Northern end of the ppn seeing the lowest temps right now, but if it snowing in Barnet, then it is getting closer!

Posted

It has been heavy rain here all day, and the temp has actually gone up here in the past half hour, up to approx 4ºc (don't have a proper weather station, so am relying on an old style mercury one that is close to my kitchen window) so it looks very marginal, with those at the Northern end of the ppn seeing the lowest temps right now, but if it snowing in Barnet, then it is getting closer!

Just popped in to say, snow in St. Albans.

Posted

laugh.gif too long a way to come and dry off, although the offer is most welcome seeing as i would rather be anywhere other than work tonight smile.gif

Well your not doing much work as your on here so i am sure they wont miss you lol.Anyway you cant say i didnt offerlaugh.gif

Posted

Sno. Its strange to say the least. At 2.0c/ DP 2.1 it was snowing heavily, now at 1.0c/DP 0.9c its raining. Cant work it out at all.

Posted

Sleet now in Stevenage with Temp of 1.7c. BBC still going with the main snow risk to the midlands. I just cant see that the front is moving at all . I think the have underestimated how long it will stay on its current path not pivoting NW until tommorow morning. Could be a white commute for some!

Posted

Been raining here all day and the temp is currently 4C

According to GFS 18Z 6h, parts of the SE will have wintry showers.

post-2721-12663568155017_thumb.png

Posted

No Rain or anything in Brighton all quiet herecray.gif

I was very surprised when the MetO decided to have a warning out for your area. They have now taken it off. What a surprise :unsure:

Posted

I was very surprised when the MetO decided to have a warning out for your area. They have now taken it off. What a surprise wallbash.gif

Well there is a surprise lol,nice dry night for me i think,its not that cold either.Early to bed for me tonight as there is no lampost watching for me tonightunknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Sleet now in Stevenage with Temp of 1.7c. BBC still going with the main snow risk to the midlands. I just cant see that the front is moving at all . I think the have underestimated how long it will stay on its current path not pivoting NW until tommorow morning. Could be a white commute for some!

Na most of it will die out as it hits the Midlands

Main snow risk about 40 miles south of the Midland Ambrosden/Bicester area rolleyes.gif 2c at present cloudy but dry

Well there is a surprise lol,nice dry night for me i think,its not that cold either.Early to bed for me tonight as there is no lampost watching for me tonightunknw.gif

I can see tomorrows local headlines now whistling.gif

Worse snow in Brighton in 100yrs takes people by surprise over night

Posted

Main snow risk about 40 miles south of the Midland Ambrosden/Bicester area rolleyes.gif 2c at present cloudy but dry

I can see tomorrows local headlines now whistling.gif

Worse snow in Brighton in 100yrs takes people by surprise over night

Lol,i wish that would be the headlines tomorrow,no hope though.But if there was a chance of snow it would lay as its nice and dry on the ground but really not cold enough air temps,well thats what i think.If anyone thinks different then let me know loldrinks.gif

Posted

Meto have revised the warnings. all of East anglia nd East mids have been removed, they now rekon West mids and NW England will get the snow, this is in line with the latest NAE. Doesn't make sense to me looking at the radar but they are the experts! Oh well always plent more marginal snow events in the next 7 days! I'm sure we will get lucky eventualy

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Lol,i wish that would be the headlines tomorrow,no hope though.But if there was a chance of snow it would lay as its nice and dry on the ground but really not cold enough air temps,well thats what i think.If anyone thinks different then let me know loldrinks.gif

Sadly your right the NAE shows this band moving NW, will be dry for us on the coast tonight.

over the next few days theres a number of different fronts moving in/out of our region which could provide a few snow events for some parts of the south east

Posted

The following 850hpa temp in parts of the SE around 0100 hrs will be -4C according to the COAMPS chart.

post-2721-12663602517217_thumb.png

Now I can see why GFS 18Z 6h is showing wintry showers.

post-2721-12663602770217_thumb.png

Posted

I am watching the sadest programme on bbc 1 and it has just made me realise that we are all worried about the weather or excited what is going to happen,it just brings it all home that really we are all lucky and who cares what the weather does when there is familys going through this,sorry but this has really got to me .

Posted

Here are the following possible snow events from the GFS 18Z :p

post-2721-12663616696417_thumb.png

post-2721-12663616763017_thumb.png

post-2721-12663616834317_thumb.png

post-2721-12663616915517_thumb.png

post-2721-12663616998417_thumb.png

post-2721-12663617065817_thumb.png

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I am watching the sadest programme on bbc 1 and it has just made me realise that we are all worried about the weather or excited what is going to happen,it just brings it all home that really we are all lucky and who cares what the weather does when there is familys going through this,sorry but this has really got to me .

Bless you. I know exactly what you mean, I get affected too by programmes and even films can really get to me sometimes.

Posted

Meto have revised the warnings. all of East anglia nd East mids have been removed, they now rekon West mids and NW England will get the snow, this is in line with the latest NAE. Doesn't make sense to me looking at the radar but they are the experts! Oh well always plent more marginal snow events in the next 7 days! I'm sure we will get lucky eventualy

The front is pivoting at the moment if you look at the radar its lined more N-S then it was earlier today. Thats why it looks like its staying static. Will be interesting to see just how far NW it goes, I think it may be a little overdone as well myself but we shall see!