Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I am watching the sadest programme on bbc 1 and it has just made me realise that we are all worried about the weather or excited what is going to happen,it just brings it all home that really we are all lucky and who cares what the weather does when there is familys going through this,sorry but this has really got to me .

yes me too,makes me look at my own kids and feel very lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Sno. Its strange to say the least. At 2.0c/ DP 2.1 it was snowing heavily, now at 1.0c/DP 0.9c its raining. Cant work it out at all.

It seems that the rulebook has been thrown out for the past couple of days!

As soon as heavy ppn appears it seems to turn back to rain, rather than the opposite.

Confused to say the least. No wonder all the models are having such a hard time trying to come up with a forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I keep checking the lamp post hoping, but still heavy rain here.

Been out this eveing, just gt home and been doing the same thing. Bloody idiots at the MO putting out the weather waenings when it was obvious to anyone on here with even the slightest knowledge that they were being overly alarmist. The world we live in has become a pile of superficial old junk, MO, politicians, the media, pile of old b@#****!!! :lol:

I was very surprised when the MetO decided to have a warning out for your area. They have now taken it off. What a surprise :clap:

But Yankin mate, I thought they had human expect knowlege and super computers that we dont see! :80: :lol:

I am watching the sadest programme on bbc 1 and it has just made me realise that we are all worried about the weather or excited what is going to happen,it just brings it all home that really we are all lucky and who cares what the weather does when there is familys going through this,sorry but this has really got to me .

Why is it sad, you didn't say.

Posted

yes me too,makes me look at my own kids and feel very lucky.

Yes we are all very lucky if we have happy healthy kids,sorry i know its not the place but just had to say that we are all going on about the weather and when you watch something like that it really doesnt matter ,even though we all enjoy the weather its really not important compared to what i have watched tonight .cray.gif

Posted

But Yankin mate, I thought they had human expect knowlege and super computers that we dont see! :lol: :clap:

Posted

Been out this eveing, just gt home and been doing the same thing. Bloody idiots at the MO putting out the weather waenings when it was obvious to anyone on here with even the slightest knowledge that they were being overly alarmist. The world we live in has become a pile of superficial old junk, MO, politicians, the media, pile of old b@#****!!! laugh.gif

But Yankin mate, I thought they had human expect knowlege and super computers that we dont see! mega_shok.giflaugh.gif

Why is it sad, you didn't say.

It was awfull,it was about kids and familys with illness,and parents trying to have more children to maybe save there older sibblings life,ie,bone marrow and transplants.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes we are all very lucky if we have happy healthy kids,sorry i know its not the place but just had to say that we are all going on about the weather and when you watch something like that it really doesnt matter ,even though we all enjoy the weather its really not important compared to what i have watched tonight .cray.gif

I never saw it but its true, people look for miracles and abundance, when all you have to do is see that the life principle has made us a living miracle and that we already have abundance in our lives if we could just open our eyes and see it! :clap:

Posted

I never saw it but its true, people look for miracles and abundance, when all you have to do is see that the life principle has made us a living miracle and that we already have abundance in our lives if we could just open our eyes and see it! smile.gif

Well said snowray,am off to bed now ,night all,and good luck to all if you get snowdrinks.gif

Posted

Goodnight wee am going to bed too, been such a roller coaster these last few weeks! Looking forward to events which just get downgraded the day before, so just gonna look forward to spring and forget about snow till next winter.

Posted

yep, we can go to the moon yet can't solve a way to be healthy when we are born :)

Posted

yep, we can go to the moon yet can't solve a way to be healthy when we are born :)

There is enough resources in the world to cater for all. There does not need to be homeless & starving people, yet the powers to be who controls the governments around the world pulls the strings. It is really sad, but the truth :)

Posted

There is enough resources in the world to cater for all. There does not need to be homeless & starving people, yet the powers to be who controls the governments around the world pulls the strings. It is really sad, but the truth :D

OT but I'm suprised to read that and then notice your sig.....surely there should be a red line through that symbol?

Posted

OT

Hmmm, I thought this was a weather thread. Can we please try and keep this one to London and SE cold spell discussion folks? :D

Posted

There is enough resources in the world to cater for all. There does not need to be homeless & starving people, yet the powers to be who controls the governments around the world pulls the strings. It is really sad, but the truth :cold:

Indeed yankin, the technology is there but unfortunately the world elite seem to have their own agenda. It quite upsets me to think how much of the worlds wealth is held by so, so, few.

If countries are massively in debt, ordenary ppl are in debt, businesses are in debt, the banks who should be the creditors we are told are in debt! Well who do we owe all the money to then? :unsure: Theres 2 sides to a balance sheet after all.

But more to the point, are we going to get any SNOW this week, thats the 1000000 dolar question???? :clap:

Edited by snowray

Posted

Hmmm, I thought this was a weather thread. Can we please try and keep this one to London and SE cold spell discussion folks? :unsure:

Quite, sorry Coast, just saw your post.

What are your thoughts for the next week for SE?

I can't realy get my head round these charts, even yesterdays and todays PPN turned out to be all over the place, NAE cant make up its mind even within the 24hr time frame!

Strinkes me that there is some potental for us, but mainly very marginal stuff on the Snow front?

Regards snowray

Edited by snowray

Posted

What are your thoughts for the next week for SE?

Gee I don't know, you need one of the clever people to answer that one! :rolleyes: I suspect cold but have no idea ATM if that will feature wintry precipitation or not. I know I'm loving the warm sun shinning through the office window this morning and the hard frost on the car windscreen earlier.

Posted

Gee I don't know, you need one of the clever people to answer that one! :p I suspect cold but have no idea ATM if that will feature wintry precipitation or not. I know I'm loving the warm sun shinning through the office window this morning and the hard frost on the car windscreen earlier.

Seems no one is realy sure about the coming week, best chance seems to be this lot next monday:

post-3094-12664033137217_thumb.gifpost-3094-12664033137217_thumb.gif

Although its all so up in the air right now that it will be all thange again by the 12z.

Of course from this time of the year onwards, I think people in the SE of the country are looking for snow events as oposed to big freezes, not saying we cant get a freeze up, but this should have already started if we wanted to hang on to the more intence cold into Early March.

Defo, nice sunny day here, I'd love one last big snow event, by the end of this month idealy, then roll on Sprng.

Guest archiesmummy

Hi all

I notice that the midlands weather warning has been uped from be aware to be prepared, or yellow to orange if you will for heavy snow.

Is this something that could affect our region either on its way up or its way down, depending which way the front is moving?

Also just noticed have been upgraded from 2 to 3 grey dots on my info bit!!!!!!!!!

(its the small things)

dirol.gif

Posted

Hi all

I notice that the midlands weather warning has been uped from be aware to be prepared, or yellow to orange if you will for heavy snow.

Is this something that could affect our region either on its way up or its way down, depending which way the front is moving?

Also just noticed have been upgraded from 2 to 3 grey dots on my info bit!!!!!!!!!

(its the small things)

dirol.gif

The front is retreating north/west so nope unfortunately..mad.gif

Guest FireStorm

Gee I don't know, you need one of the clever people to answer that one! :) I suspect cold but have no idea ATM if that will feature wintry precipitation or not. I know I'm loving the warm sun shinning through the office window this morning and the hard frost on the car windscreen earlier.

It's a stunning day here too! 7-8c, perfectly clear skies. Seems on the more sunny days it may be worth adding 1-2c on top of what NAE predicts blink.gif yesterday's runs was forecasting 4-5c, the 06z heading for 6c.

Just a shame the forecast precip for tonight seems to have been pushed out into the North Sea for this evening.. Was a nice looking risk of snow otherwise :)

Posted

Had a look at the charts for you guys and Monday is defiantly the one to watch, the potential is there for heavy disruptive snowfall. This is all quite far away so things will change, ideally you want the precipitation to move further north if you Live in the London are or further south you live in Kent. prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by 10123

Posted

A balmy 6 degrees here. Feels springlike in the warmer sunshine. I am hoping for further wintry outbreaks but I fear this is wishful thinking as the models keep pushing the cold further and further back. Perhaps, today is the start of our spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

hi all! i do like these sunny days! smile.gif

meto have advisorys for tomorow for Buckinghamshire Milton Keynes Oxfordshire W BerkshireHeavy SnowThu 18 FebThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting some parts of England and Wales. Outbreaks of rain spreading from the southwest may turn to heavy snow in places, giving the potential for 5-10 cm.

i better ad the link as another advisory has just come on for friday same areas thometo warnings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i think there is the risk of hail cover tomorow in the se, also the snow risk areas may change alittle.

theres several chances of seeing snow across more areas of our region over next few days and monday could be the big one drunk.gif could get excited ,might wait until sunday thocold.gifcold.gifbut before that some active weather risk is theredrinks.gif

post-11361-12664198204617_thumb.jpg