Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well its very quiet in here tonight,i am off to bed and wanted to say it is very cold here a frost already on the shed,car ,roof tops ,but very clear skys and crisp.cold.gif

Very cold here with a frost in place as well.

Here are the latest GFS 18Z charts showing snow......I've stopped at 150h

post-2721-12664450074317_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450214917_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450280017_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450356017_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450449617_thumb.png :whistling:

post-2721-12664450519017_thumb.png :clap:

post-2721-12664450640817_thumb.png :(

post-2721-12664450722617_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450829217_thumb.png

post-2721-12664450967717_thumb.png

Yamkin air_kiss.gif is that you mentioning snow againyahoo.gif

drunk.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gif

That's right snowydayz :clap::(

Posted

The fax charts certainly are suggestive of a snow event in the SE, slight risk it may be too far south on that fax chart but its certainly interesting, and it does agree with the 18z GFS as well....certainly interesting times, no doubt it'll arrive just as I leave and head back to the south coast again!

Well worth watching.

Posted

The fax charts certainly are suggestive of a snow event in the SE, slight risk it may be too far south on that fax chart but its certainly interesting, and it does agree with the 18z GFS as well....certainly interesting times, no doubt it'll arrive just as I leave and head back to the south coast again!

Well worth watching.

Yes is goood to see the meto and GFS roughly agreeing, im sure every run will have these snow events further south or north.

missed us on the 12z perfect for imby on the 18z.

no doubt at t+6 it will be up in the midlands with rain for the s.e rofl.gif

Posted

clap.gifclap.gif

I LOVE it!!!!! Oh PLEEEEZE lets have one more blast before this fantastic winter is over!

Just checked out the temperatures for my area for the next week, -11 wind chill for Tuesday Ooooo what funbiggrin.gif Where's my ski suit

Posted

18z looks good for a few days

from what i can see from fri 19th East areas may get some light snow

in the evening.Sunday 21st South East should see light snow showers.

Monday 22nd shows a Channel low which might give some heavier snow for

a time which should be around until Tuesday morning.

This could all change by the morning.

The only concern is that the 18z is showing the jet come to life around

the 28th although this is a long way off.

This is my first attempt at this so lets see what happens

:80: lets hope i am not doing this later.

john

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Channel low would be good but positioning is crucial! If it's too far north we get the rain with the midlands getting loads of snow and too far south France will cop it! Will it? Won't it? I might just turn the PC off, not watch the weather and see what happens on the day lol!

Posted

That's no fun SLB97, just enjoy the ramping!!!!

Not forecast for my area to be minus last night but it was freezing with another thick frost on the car this morning.

off to have a look at this mornings chartsgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Raining here too despite it feeling chilly outside nonono.gif - just seen a great vid that someone posted on the southwest thread of huge flakes of snow! smile.gif

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

The guys on the model thread think much milder in the south next week...another disappointment? cray.gif

Not neccessarily at allsmile.gif

At least any attempted milder incursion from the south west (if it occurs at all) looks short lived as far as I can see.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Hello All

Looks like London might be chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow again... still hopeful of a snow event soon !

Can anyone help me with a question ?

I notice that the precipitation type on the NW radar is slightly different when looking at UK vs Euro (ie. Euro shows snow often where UK shows rain or sleet) and was wondering which one is more accurate ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

hi all! for most its rain today (out of warning/advisory areas) but as temp and dew points fall overnight tonight and the low moves away we may just have some ppn around to fall as snow (mostly n-of-london/east anglia would get this snow anyway) but to the south and se of london less ppn alltho this may change so we may see some snow towards early hrs/morning drinks.gif.

for today its becoming increasingly unstable air towards evening ,and theres quite a risk of thunder and hail as downpours develop there could be some unexpected weather for somedrunk.gif .

and friday we may see some snow shrs, the dew points should be below oc

next monday looks very interesting for a big SE snowfalldrunk.gif as long as the lows track is were snow lovers want it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Metoffice Updated the warnings on Monday for a potential of heavy snow for London & South East!

London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

Heavy Snow Mon 22 Feb

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting much of Wales and northern and central parts of England. Snow may be heavy at times, giving the potential for moderate accumulations in places.

Issued at: 1132 Thu 18 Feb

Edited by Kidlington

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Metoffice Updated the warnings on Monday for a potential of heavy snow for London & South East!

London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

Heavy Snow Mon 22 Feb

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting much of Wales and northern and central parts of England. Snow may be heavy at times, giving the potential for moderate accumulations in places.

Issued at: 1132 Thu 18 Feb

That warning is clearly for areas to the NW of London. Wales, the Midlands and northern England look like getting hit again.

Posted

I would not even bother looking that far out at the moment, the models are relaly all over the place, FI is probably within 72hrs right now looking at the small but huge differences to our weather on the models.

On the 06z the far SE does become much milder (10-12C!) BUT within 100 miles the temps are 0-2C so clearly any small shift is going to have a huge difference.

Firstly we have Saturdays event, and only a tiny shift would bring the London area into play looking at the 06z GFS so well worth watching IMO firstly...

Posted

That warning is clearly for areas to the NW of London. Wales, the Midlands and northern England look like getting hit again.

Danm, i don't know about you but it feels like London has missed out on everything recently. Its starting to remind me of winters before feb 2009! Hopefully we can grap a snowfall before the end of the winter.