Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

Good for you mate. Enjoy! You deserve it after some of the unwarranted stick you've taken on here in the last couple of weeks.

Legendhi.gif

Very nice of you to say mate.

I must admit some of the comments did leave me abit flat but thankfully im taking amitriptyline these days and they work wonders for me. :D

Good thing with the current model output is many of us are at risk of further snow events. :)

Posted

Very nice of you to say mate.

I must admit some of the comments did leave me abit flat but thankfully im taking amitriptyline these days and they work wonders for me. laugh.gif

Good thing with the current model output is many of us are at risk of further snow events. biggrin.gif

Hopefully it'll be so good tonite and next couple of days you can update the photos!biggrin.gif

Posted

I think this is because the low has moved further east before its predicted movement

further northeast, and as such we should pull in the colder air quicker and also more

precipitation than first thought.

Certainly more heavy rain here than I expected. I did not think it would be this heavy.

I just don't see there being much PPN around when the low departs later for places like Herts, but we shall see.

Posted

Very nice photos, is that the famous lamp post you watch when you go to bed on the look out for snow?

Lol Blizzard!! Yea it is!!! hahaha Although it is a regular Vertical lampost not horizontal as it appeasrs!! lol Piccies taken about 6.40pm, will take again after Eastenders!! lol

ooh its corrected itself to vertical! lol

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially cold and snow!

Hi Teits and fellow Peterborians,

It's nice to see Peterborough getting some snow again,I know when i used to live there everybody else seemed to get snow while we missed out.My Mum used to blame the brick pits or the sugar beet factory for the lack of snow!!!

Any way enjoy it while it lasts.

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I must admit some of the comments did leave me abit flat but thankfully im taking amitriptyline these days and they work wonders for me. laugh.gif

Good thing with the current model output is many of us are at risk of further snow events. biggrin.gif

Nice to see you back on the regional thread TEITS, I always value yours and Snowmans posts.

Pleased to see you and Mrsf16 have some decent snow this time, enjoy !

Do you think there is any chance of some here in Mk by morning ?

Posted

Hi Teits and fellow Peterborians,

It's nice to see Peterborough getting some snow again,I know when i used to live there everybody else seemed to get snow while we missed out.My Mum used to blame the brick pits or the sugar beet factory for the lack of snow!!!

Any way enjoy it while it lasts.

Andy

lol Andy, the brick pits are now a massive housing estate!! lol

Posted

Lol Blizzard!! Yea it is!!! hahaha Although it is a regular Vertical lampost not horizontal as it appeasrs!! lol Piccies taken about 6.40pm, will take again after Eastenders!! lol

Im happy you have some snow at long last enjoy it you certainly have been patient enough. :D:)

Posted

Very frustrating for the south of the region. Forecast keeps temps tom marginal south of Northampton across to North Cambs. Expect sleet at best down here. BBC / Meto not mentioning the feature the GFS shows on Sat and Monday looks too marginal for the whole area. Hate to say this but feel tonight will be the last snow event for the area and reserved for northern parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Its so nice to see that a lot of you have snow, but its making me sadsad.gif

Temp/dew point are 4c/4!!!

Is there any change we will see any snow here in Luton........pleasecray.gifcray.gif

Posted

ooh its corrected itself to vertical! lol

BTW Eastenders was filmed at the church at the top of the high street in St. Albans! :D (The wedding)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

well at long last the peterbrough guys have seen snow...well still none for me like it has been all winter rain again!!! temp has risen 1c in last hr to 3.8 huh!!!

Posted

Oh well Winter was good and we had our share of the snow in Dec. and Jan. Move North for the weekend is my advise to you, book a B&B somewhere its def going to snow. :D

Yep, one of the best Winters again in St. Albans, 2 large falls in 4 days in December, 1 large fall in January and several smaller falls and ice+frost.

Oh and I witnessed snow on the ground on Christmas day for the first time in a long time.

Edited by saint

Posted

I would say around between 5-7cm. The rate its currently falling will probably see this rise to around 10cm if it carries on for another 30mins!

Slightly nervous that even my region may for a short period become marginal.

Possibly that may be the case, the front is now nearly to your north which means you may well be in the marginal air for a little while, you certainly don't want any more northerly movement of the front otherwise that will spell trouble for you as well...but I thyink your area will escape the fate of those further south.

Sadly for you guys south of say Peterbrough may have to wait till close to Midnight to get the snow coming back, your going to need the wrap around comes back in and that may not be all that potent by then sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Barbeque on gunton cliff, 8pm tonight, all invited.drinks.gif

sky reporting birmingham airport closed due to heavy snow.

us norfolk boys will join ya..cant believe the temp rise all of sudden

Posted

Very frustrating for the south of the region. Forecast keeps temps tom marginal south of Northampton across to North Cambs. Expect sleet at best down here. BBC / Meto not mentioning the feature the GFS shows on Sat and Monday looks too marginal for the whole area. Hate to say this but feel tonight will be the last snow event for the area and reserved for northern parts.

Possibly Tim, would say Monday a little to far out to be certain. Certainly tonights/tomorrow mornings slight chance seems pretty small for more southern parts of region. For Saturday, well I just don't know, could be alot of rain or a decent snow event.

Posted

Took this latest pic from my bedroom as I can't be bothered to go outside.

post-1766-12665218071817_thumb.jpg

Earlier a huge branch fell off a tree which illustrates how its very heavy, sticky type of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

sky reporting birmingham airport closed due to heavy snow.

Not surprised I left Selly Oak at 4pm and it was getting quite nasty by then excl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially cold and snow!

Lol,Thats what i did about 16 years ago Blizzard!!We haven't done too bad up here this winter but seem to have missed the really big snowfalls,too close to the sea i think!