Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

as white as richard hammonds teeth here in peterborough, cant believe its settled after the earlier rain, no sight of a let up either which will be nice tomorrow in my van at work!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Heavy snow once more in Moulton, Northants. Settling on all surfaces. Temp 0.3c and dewpoint -1.1c

Posted

Hi Gratts, what part of Peterborough are you??

Cars having a nice covering here now, and even though the snowfall is light its stickingon grass, fences etc! hoorah!! Roads still clear! I may make it Tescos yet!! lol

Posted

Hi Gratts, what part of Peterborough are you??

Cars having a nice covering here now, and even though the snowfall is light its stickingon grass, fences etc! hoorah!! Roads still clear! I may make it Tescos yet!! lol

Hi mrsf! im in stanground and roads are a slushy mess, i wouldn't bother with tesco on a school holiday haha :)

Posted

Temperature rising and rain getting heavier. Still settling.

LOL my rain is still settling, nicely too I may add, especially on the flat roof of my garage. Dp's beginning to fall now, had a high of 2.5c earlier and its down to 2c, maybe just maybe it will get cold enough but even then the ppn would need to shift eastwards and i'm not sure how the low is meant to track.

Posted

Hi mrsf! im in stanground and roads are a slushy mess, i wouldn't bother with tesco on a school holiday haha smile.gif

Exactly why Im going when hubby gets in from work!!! dump the kids on him and dash out to Hampton!! Cant take my 2 with me!! They'd be put up for adoption by the time we were finished!! lol

Roads looking OK in Orton as far as I can see!

Posted

LOL my rain is still settling, nicely too I may add, especially on the flat roof of my garage. Dp's beginning to fall now, had a high of 2.5c earlier and its down to 2c, maybe just maybe it will get cold enough but even then the ppn would need to shift eastwards and i'm not sure how the low is meant to track.

My rain is settling really well on my new block paving driveway, I had a feeling at the time I shouldn't let the local gypsies do the work.

Posted

Exactly why Im going when hubby gets in from work!!! dump the kids on him and dash out to Hampton!! Cant take my 2 with me!! They'd be put up for adoption by the time we were finished!! lol

Roads looking OK in Orton as far as I can see!

You do right! snow thinning out now but this small coating will be a base for later, dont know why im excited because i've got to drive in it tomorrow! p.s i hate hampton tesco, its a mad house at the best of times!

Posted

Very heavy snow now here in Hindolveston (North Norfolk). Something of a surprise since it was raining, sleeting and not sticking merely an hour ago. I can't say it looks like stopping any time soon. Famous last words. Naturally.

Posted

Very heavy snow now here in Hindolveston (North Norfolk). Something of a surprise since it was raining, sleeting and not sticking merely an hour ago. I can't say it looks like stopping any time soon. Famous last words. Naturally.

Good stuff, Farmer101. Welcome to the forum

Brian :D

Posted

temp dropping fast, 0.7 now and snow is thick once more!! potential for 4,5,6" overnight and a long commute :whistling: still very wet snow but setting well.

Posted

Rain, rain and more wretched rain... :whistling::drinks: :drinks: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It's going to stay like that I would suggest. I have just driven back down the A5 and the snow was batting it down all the way (roads really dodgy in places) about until about Towcester where it turned to sleet and the snow just disa[ppeared after that. Interestingly, the temperature was 0C then just after Towcester it started to rise and was 3.5 when I got back here. The cold air is on;y about 10 to 15 miles north of here but a fair bit more for you!

I have to say that it was VERY heavy snow in places but it's definitely not heading this way now.

Edited by ukmoose

Posted

Family just returned from Peterborough and snow changed to rain just as they joined the A14 from the A1

St Ives snowshields are up and look to be fully functional

Posted

Family just returned from Peterborough and snow changed to rain just as they joined the A14 from the A1

St Ives snowshields are up and look to be fully functional

Come tonight I should think as the Low Pressure moves across us we will have more chance for snowfall as this will bring colder air along with it, I expect snow reports to increase from around 6pm onwards, Temperature here is 1C and about to fall I should imagine

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

I can't believe the sight outside.

I fell asleep at 2.30 due to only sleeping around 3hrs night and everywhere was green. At the moment a good covering of snow everywhere and using the top of my fence as a guide I would say a few cm already.

Posted

Just rain all day here, not expecting to much later a little bit to far south

Yes and a little bit too far North at times lol. :shok:

TEITS can we expect anything here later? I'm glad you have snow you work so hard on the model thread and put up with a lot of sarcastic posts, you and a couple of others are the only 1 s I look out for now. keep up the great work please I appreciate your posts.

Posted

Covering of snow here with no sign of it stopping at the moment anyway. Somewhat of a surprise as weather alerts are saying rain where there is white stuff falling out of the sky. Been falling for over an hour now not much more than a cm or two but side roads are white after quite a bit of rainfall earlier.

Janet x

Posted

For places that have rain still you may need to wait till the wrap around part of the front comes back through. Interestingly another stronger part of the band has developed in the last hours with the likes of N.Norfolk and also TEITS seemingly getting some good returns from it.

Northampton to Cambs is right on the southern extent of where it could snow, go further south then that and its likely wrong side of marginal.