Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

Hi people, looks to me (Using Motorway traffic cams) Milton Keynes is rather unlucky at the moment as places just further north are having settling snow.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Posted

Looks like temps and dew points have reached their maxima here for today, Temperature here currently is 1.8C, Dew Point 1.3C.... Rain here has turned a bit sleety in nature

Posted

Certainly not settling here as yet, too wet! Temp 1.4 and DP 1.1 according to http://www.peterboroughweatherwatch.com/ Snow still falling though! If it could stop between 4 and 4.30 so hubby can get from work quickly then I'll be happy!! aahahahha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hi people, looks to me (Using Motorway traffic cams) Milton Keynes is rather unlucky at the moment as places just further north are having settling snow.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Reading is just dull and grey at present (where I work)

Will be interesting if anything happens driving up the A34 this eveing to North Oxfordshire, I doubt it

I remember the heavy snow we had in reading in December , 30 miles north where I live very little, in fact about 8 miles north very little

Posted

Some big flakes now and its defiently sleet falling, turning more wintry as we head towards the evening

Posted

PPN seemed to stop here a while ago now, I see there is a METO advisory for Herts...? Could this be for if it pushes back later this evening that we could see some snow? Interesting indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

xc weather

how can i find out the dew points for my home townsmile.gif

this link should give a local idea

Posted

Probably another hour or two before reports start coming in of snow and maybe even starting to settle at lower levels, will be interesting to see how this evolves thats for sure. Most lower ground places will still be marginal at the moment, local conditions will play a big part, so over the next few hours may see several changes in precip types for some.

Down here in Essex however just rain, lots of it as well!

Posted

Probably another hour or two before reports start coming in of snow and maybe even starting to settle at lower levels, will be interesting to see how this evolves thats for sure. Most lower ground places will still be marginal at the moment, local conditions will play a big part, so over the next few hours may see several changes in precip types for some.

Down here in Essex however just rain, lots of it as well!

In a couple of heavier bursts not so long ago, it was mostly sleet/snow, but now even in the lighter bursts there is a wintry element. I agree, my daytime maxima has been reached and I expect a dropoff soon and hopefully the right conditions for settling snow. NAE predicts widespread 0C Dews by 3am, which would support snow quite easily

Posted

In a couple of heavier bursts not so long ago, it was mostly sleet/snow, but now even in the lighter bursts there is a wintry element. I agree, my daytime maxima has been reached and I expect a dropoff soon and hopefully the right conditions for settling snow. NAE predicts widespread 0C Dews by 3am, which would support snow quite easily

when you say widespread do you mean over the whole region

Posted

when you say widespread do you mean over the whole region

I meant widespread Dew points of 0C or under which support snow, I dont know whether you will see some though, but defiently getting colder outside

Posted

Looking at other posts, it seems it is starting to wrap around and it may soon be reaching it's northern extent, which of course is good news for those of you recieving the snow already!

Posted

Ok Snowman, I think we gathered that from your previous posts. :D :D :p:D

:D Im just hoping for snow tonight, maybe that St. Albans snow shield that broke down a few months ago has been fixed :D

Posted

:D Im just hoping for snow tonight, maybe that St. Albans snow shield that broke down a few months ago has been fixed :D

Whatever! :D It'll never exist! We had snow the other night btw. :D We always do better then your location, and you know it. :p:D:p