Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

Oh Meto just raised an advisory for Friday as well. :)

Obviously when it is removed nearer the event = :)

Posted

Could well be interesting tomorrow but the timings of it are not the greatest, and thus it will be marginal I've gotta admit, if the front is a couple of hours later though then the northern part of this region has a real shot at some snow. The 06z NAE for example shows exactly what is required for a decent shot at snowfall as the front comes along at the right time for this region and E.Midlands, unlike the GFS which may well be somewhat marginal till the western edge of the front...

Posted

Oh no, you have fed him now, surprised it wasn't a bit shady under his bridge

deleted now

Posted

Beautiful Sunny skys here..... Really is feeling spring like.

Even everyone at work is in a better mood.

Its true what they say about blue sky and sunshine lifting everyones spirit

Posted

Beautiful Sunny skys here..... Really is feeling spring like.

Even everyone at work is in a better mood.

Its true what they say about blue sky and sunshine lifting everyones spirit

Have to agree with you there, it's a brighter and much happier office today.

Posted

There appears to be some kind of yellow shinny thing in the sky.... Anyone got any ideas what it is? tongue.giflaugh.gif

laugh.gif Can you send it this way please as I am about fed up of constant grey skies!! feel like I live in the most polluted place on earth!!! lol

Posted

12z GFS downgrades the risk somewhat for this area as it takes the front a little further north then the 06z run. The far north would probably still get some snow but the 06z was better with regards to snowfall in this region then the 12z, but still its a close call and any shift south bring northern part of EA back into play...

Posted

So far tonight's outputs are trending further north and west for the main snow risk. This is evident in both the GFS and NAE output.

However the UKMO is much further south and east and favours the home counties up into Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Northants.

Posted

Thursday's / Friday possible snow being to the north and missing this location.

Saturdays being to the south.

:drinks: to the weather god.

Posted

Hmmm I would say the early hours of Friday look decent for a lot of the region, as the coldest air on the western flank of the front comes over us, the latest charts suggest a period of persistant snow for our region, which is encouraging, The Met have issued early advisories for Friday, as the front looks pretty slow to clear, keep an eye on developments over the next 24 hours because we could see something decent from this....

Hmmm I would say the early hours of Friday look decent for a lot of the region, as the coldest air on the western flank of the front comes over us, the latest charts suggest a period of persistant snow for our region, which is encouraging, The Met have issued early advisories for Friday, as the front looks pretty slow to clear, keep an eye on developments over the next 24 hours because we could see something decent from this....

Posted

Perhaps for the more northern parts of the region early hours of morning on Friday (good time), certainly the region as a whole looks like having some snow, but its whether it has any intensity. Saturday is certainly very interesting as although it has the PPN more so for the south coast and then SE corner. Clearly this region needs to keep an eye on that.

Posted

The NAE focuses the core a little further south which gives the far northern part of this region some decent falls and the best thing for this area is its going to come at what seems to be a very good time for the settling snow, the NAE suggests early morning arrival and if the 12z GFS is correct then it arrives in the eveing just as it should go the right side of marginal...

So certainly wel lworth watching for the northern part of the north home counties and obviously counties around the Wash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

So far tonight's outputs are trending further north and west for the main snow risk. This is evident in both the GFS and NAE output.

However the UKMO is much further south and east and favours the home counties up into Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Northants.

Is this for tomorrow or Friday ? I'm a bit confused now !

I will be in Selly Oak (Birmingham) Thursday and back in Milton Keynes on Friday, it would be just my luck to be in the wrong place on both days and miss out on anything cray.gif

Posted

I will be in Selly Oak (Birmingham) Thursday and back in Milton Keynes on Friday, it would be just my luck to be in the wrong place on both days and miss out on anything cray.gif

You will see snow on both days! Heavy snow in Birmingham tomorrow and when the front reaches this region it will start off as rain but as we go through Thursday night into Friday it will turn to snow in many areas and may give up to 4 inches in places, especially the further north and west you are....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

It looks to me that we get 2 bites at the cherry, 2morow we will prob get only cold rain as north of us (birmingham) could get some

heavy prolonged snowfall. as the front stalls over the midlands and then heads back south friday morning we could get a decent

fall of snow. I hopeunknw.gif

You will see snow on both days! Heavy snow in Birmingham tomorrow and when the front reaches this region it will start off as rain but as we go through Thursday night into Friday it will turn to snow in many areas and may give up to 4 inches in places, especially the further north and west you are....

Do you really think we will get snow on Thursday, it looks very marginal at best for our area. I am thinking friday morning

is our best hope but the snow might be a bit to wet to stick.

Posted

It looks to me that we get 2 bites at the cherry, 2morow we will prob get only cold rain as north of us (birmingham) could get some

heavy prolonged snowfall. as the front stalls over the midlands and then heads back south friday morning we could get a decent

fall of snow. I hopeunknw.gif

Do you really think we will get snow on Thursday, it looks very marginal at best for our area. I am thinking friday morning

is our best hope but the snow might be a bit to wet to stick.

I meant Heavy Snow in Birmingham on Thursday, but the earlier hours of Friday look good in my eyes, the snow should stick after a transition from rain....

Posted

MK, you'll probably be in the bullseye on both days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks Snowman, I hope you are right clap.gif

Posted

Im not buying into this. Where I am in west Cambs it will be of RAIN, as per normal, both Thurs and Fri.

We have to have it nailed on here just to get a flurry. So when we are told its "maRgINAl" then all I do is rearrange the capitals...and hey presto....R A I N !

Posted

Some very interesting weather being modelled for friday and the weekend, if the 18z GFS was to come off then much of the region would see snow, some may have as much as 15cm by sunday morning. A lot could change though but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Posted

Some SERIOUS fog in Peterborough tonight!! Very scary to drive in!!! couldnt see past the end of the car at one point!!!