Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

Just popped out for a smoke at work in Trumpington and there were a few spots of rain, feels a bit chilly and heavy precipitation coukld lower the temps a bit

Hope my journey back to St Ives isn't too messy later and bit concerned about the missus and daughter who have gone to Peterborough today

Sure our Peterborough reporters will be on during the day

Posted

Nothing as yet Huntso, still foggy!!! Better visibility now though! Will post as and when!

Maybe a stupid question but can snow fall whilst its still foggy???

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Snowing now although sleet and icy rain mixed in. Temp 0.4c and dewpoint -1.2c

Posted

Thanks Mrsf, you are my weather eye today

They have gone to visit my sister in law at Hampton this afternoon after getting fish and chips at Werrington. Think they were returning about 6'ish, but might have to be earlier if the conditions worsen

Hope it snows for your sake, but would this evening be ok with you please?

And yes it can snow in the fog, was this morning in Madingley and did loads of times when I was out in Southern Germany

Edited by huntso

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

for the areas in this tread the snow risk increases later this evening/overnight into friday

enjoy the snow!drunk.gif i might see some overnight if theres ppn arounddrinks.gif

Posted

Thanks Mrsf, you are my weather eye today

They have gone to visit my sister in law at Hampton this afternoon after getting fish and chips at Werrington. Think they were returning about 6'ish, but might have to be earlier if the conditions worsen

Hope it snows for your sake, but would this evening be ok with you please?

And yes it can snow in the fog, was this morning in Madingley and did loads of times when I was out in Southern Germany

Thanks for answering my question! Hampton is very close to me, Werrington is the other side of the city; TEITS territory. If it snows they will be the wrong side of the city for easy access to the A1 from Werrington.

Looking at Rain today this should be hitting city v soon!

Posted

Further light snow/sleet, nothing settling

Edited by jimben

Posted

Going to Werrington lunchtime and then spending the afternoon at Hampton, so at least the right side of the city to get back down the A1

Raining here now with a very few blobs of snow mixed in, temp is 2.0c and DP of 0.8, so looks like rain for the afternoon at least

Posted

Rain fairly light at the moment, defiently some flakes of snow in the heavier bursts, I still think come this evening things will get interesting in some areas

Posted

Nothing happening here at the moment although its bloody freezing with temps of 0C at 12.00.

The fun and games should begin once the LP tracks NE. The LP will be centred over Norfolk this evening and its during the evening/overnight when the heaviest precip will move in. Although all of Cambs is within the warning zone the risk of heavier falls will be towards Northants/NW Cambs/ W Norfolk, S lincs.

Posted

snowflakes mixed in with the rain here

Blimey the sleet/snow reports are further S than I expecting which is reassuring.

Remember the LP will not clear our region until tomorrow morning!

Posted

Heavy snow now in Moulton, Northants much larger flakes and no sleet, readily settling on bins. Temp 0.6c and dewpoint -1.0c. Breeze from ENE

Posted

Im thinking that a sweet spot in the locations that TEITS mentioned might see 5 inches or so tonight, bit more marginal towards my location Im hoping for some snow, does anyone think that this may resemble 5th Feb 09?

Posted

If we thinking Feb 09 proportions I probably best get my food shopping tonight and not leave it till tomorrow!!

Posted

Im thinking that a sweet spot in the locations that TEITS mentioned might see 5 inches or so tonight, bit more marginal towards my location Im hoping for some snow, does anyone think that this may resemble 5th Feb 09?

Certainly possible.

The Feb 5th event was rather strange though. I was watching the radar at the time and had given up and was about to retire to bed. However it was amazing to see the precip intensify over Cambs/Northants. The point being is even using the radar doesn't always give you an idea what to expect.

Remember though conditions will be much better later. Once the LP starts moving NE on the NW flank its pulling in even colder air.