Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 24

Posted

Well Lomond Snowstorm it has just started snowing with what I used to call half crown flakes, currently -1c with just a gentle breeze so far and it is settlng with ease on the frozen ground.

Just one good fall today will certainly round off a historic winter here as I cannot remember a winter apart from the sixties when heavy snowfalls occured so concistantly every month of the winter.

Heavy duty frost outside (with thick mist). So much so that I thought at first light that we had a little covering of snow. It will be interesting to see how icy it is but I'll save the Met-O bashing until I've been round to the school and back :)

NL: Looks like you'll be getting a dump of snow today :good: I'm glad someone is getting snow today :) :) :)

Posted

-2C snowing steadily for about 40 minutes.

Yes KW - can see that feeder band........could be very interesting in a few hours by the time it reaches us. Fingers crossed......:good:

Posted

Two photographs showing the snow that has fallen this morning,still -1c, light snow still falling with a light SW wind.post-2744-12663076625617_thumb.jpgpost-2744-12663076833617_thumb.jpg

Posted

Heavy duty frost outside (with thick mist). So much so that I thought at first light that we had a little covering of snow. It will be interesting to see how icy it is but I'll save the Met-O bashing until I've been round to the school and back smile.gif

NL: Looks like you'll be getting a dump of snow today good.gif I'm glad someone is getting snow today smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Same here, i could see the white through the bathroom window and had to check. Very frosty. Going to be a lot of radar watching today i think. Temp right now is -1.5°C (29.3°F and DP is

-1.5°C (Wet bulb: -1.5°C

Heavy snow here...On the ONE day I don't want any! :)

You ungrateful wretch!! :good:

(I am joking Pete, hope the snow isn't too bad for you :) Is everything ok??)

Edit: Extremely thick fog descended here about 30 mins ago, just as the mist was clearing and the sun peaked through, the fog just appeared as quick as you can say: "FOG!"

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

FAO; CATCH MY DRIFT & CHEGGERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m44z-223UYE

Morning guys! and a very happy birthday to you both. Lovely morning here with a hard frost. Wouldn't it be great if this winter could be rounded off with a final dumping of snow here. Looks as if some of our friends up north are going to be very lucky indeed. I know that you are secretly wishing for those long, warm, BBQ days of summer so with this in mind, I took the opportunity of choosing you both a birthday present which would be useful for those trips to the beach.

Personally, I think every man should have one. Now they also come in a rather daring shocking pink or a sexy leopard print. But I know that you would not wish to draw attention to yourselves so I stuck with the green. I hope you like them.post-1989-12663081497017_thumb.jpg

post-1989-12663081923617_thumb.jpg

FAO; CATCH MY DRIFT & CHEGGERS

:) :) :good:

Thankyou Blitzen!! :)

The mankini is perfect for me, although I will need a little trim of the body fluff before I hit the beach....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You ungrateful wretch!! :good:

(I am joking Pete, hope the snow isn't too bad for you :) Is everything ok??)

Edit: Extremely thick fog descended here about 30 mins ago, just as the mist was clearing and the sun peaked through, the fog just appeared as quick as you can say: "FOG!"

Morning Catch...I'm travelling to Londonshire on the Intercity Sleeper tonight... :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Morning Catch...I'm travelling to Londonshire on the Intercity Sleeper tonight... :) :)

This isn't farewell for good I hope? You're one of only....3 Invernessians? :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This isn't farewell for good I hope? You're one of only....3 Invernessians? :good:

It could be Rab. But my daughter will still be here...I will surely miss the Sneck though! :) :)

Posted

It could be Rab. But my daughter will still be here...I will surely miss the Sneck though! :) :)

Happy Birthday Catch and Cheggars:drinks:

Hope you are happy about the move Pete. The Scottish Forum wouldnt be the same without you. Do hope you will remain on the Forum and drop in from time to time.......:good:

Posted

Don't know what everyones on about Pete but hope all is ok. Stay safe and keep in touch.

Posted

It could be Rab. But my daughter will still be here...I will surely miss the Sneck though! :cray: :cray:

Aww! At least you got a great winter to see you out and a final day of snow to be off to! Hope travel is fine for you though. Hope you enjoyed your time in our wee Highland city, I guess it's tioraidh a' Ghàidhealtachd for now :cray:

Don't be a stranger! :aggressive::hi:

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The MT is having another squabble start!!!:aggressive:

Iknow! Popped in for the overnights and saw immediately he/she/it was back with a full frontal attack on EITS. What IS that about? Going to have my breakfast now before I'm put off it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Nice hard frost here this morning. Currently -3 C.

Good to see some lucky folks getting snow. Let's hope we all get a share sometime this week.

The salt mines call for me now. Later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Light snow here but just to the West bright, sunny and frosty. Cars coming in from the East [i think] are covered in snow and the clouds that way look threatening. Not much, if any wind so hard to say what is going to happen.

happy birthday to the boys.

Posted

I seem to be having a war over controlling the Inverness Web cam with some one, is it one of you snow-watching? :aggressive: