Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The lastes Beeb chart with Carol show the snow only clipping the far South East of Wales - there is a definite north eastward push on this if that is correct and will take our snow away from us - boo hoo !!

JK

That doesn't make a lot of sense considering what we are seeing on radar right now - but we'll see!

The lastes Beeb chart with Carol show the snow only clipping the far South East of Wales - there is a definite north eastward push on this if that is correct and will take our snow away from us - boo hoo !!

JK

This looks like its gonna be very close to hitting the north gwent valleys, What do ppl think? Will we get anything in Blaenavon?

Posted

This looks like its gonna be very close to hitting the north gwent valleys, What do ppl think? Will we get anything in Blaenavon?

precip/snow/sleet/rain - is coming your way right now

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member

just started to snow here in Cwmbran, small flakes anyway but at least its snow

Upper Cwmbran 150m asl 5 miles e of newport

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member

I think I best enjoy it here then before it turns to rain...starting to snow more now so its definitely arrived here....

( only going to post again if it starts settling...if not then im going back to bed )

Upper Cwmbran 150m asl 5 miles east of Newport

Posted

I think I best enjoy it here then before it turns to rain...starting to snow more now so its definitely arrived here....

( only going to post again if it starts settling...if not then im going back to bed )

Upper Cwmbran 150m asl 5 miles east of Newport

Lol, i may aswel have stayed in bed....forecast not too good now.

Posted

Things can upgrade or downgrade especially with these knife edged situations - still snowing here though

It has just started snowing here in Blaenavon, lets hope for a shed full! How much can we expect? is this gonna cause a day of disruption?

not likely at the mo - if it had snowed overnight - perhaps - but cause it's only just started now - unlikely + it's not looking that menacing on radar at the mo - but things could develope

Posted

Mate no METO flash warning though, can't be too confident of decent snow totals.

Give it a chance Jay - GFS showed it not really getting going till later this morning

Posted

Right, I am in position for some nowcasting. But nothing to report yet, just drizzle and low clouds. No white on top of the mountain (yet).

Posted

Looking at the different sat feeds it looks like the main band of percipitation has taken most of the night to move about 100 miles

so not really expecting it to speed up now

Edited by nomad098

Posted

Looking at the different sat feeds it looks like themain band of percipitation has taken most of the night to move about 100 miles

Where too in Cardiff are you mate? I'm in llanishen at the moment, can't see myself getting any snow tbh.

Posted

Right, I am in position for some nowcasting. But nothing to report yet, just drizzle and low clouds. No white on top of the mountain (yet).

early days yet Joo - been snowing lightly up here - nothing accumulating yet - but heavier precip on the radars to come - so sit tight and enjoy + the models are locking in the cold now until the 1st week of march at least - lots more chances for cold/snow!

Posted

Down by the Atrium opposite the prison jay

I got a feeling dew points are going to ruin it for Cardiff

Edited by nomad098

Posted

Looking at the different sat feeds it looks like the main band of percipitation has taken most of the night to move about 100 miles

it's rotating around a slow moving low that is gonna move across the uk today - that's a good thing too - cause if you end up being underneath a slow moving heavy snow front - you get loads of snow

Edited by andymusic

Posted

It must be sucking in colder air as we have a temp drop here.

At 6.00am it was far to warm I reckon for snow,but now a considerable drop in air temp feel's more like it could snow.

Temp now 0.0c

Posted

Can you give us a quick Andy forecast for today, please. Times, duration and depths.

Unfortunately Joo I can't be that specific - it's pretty much nowcasting - unlike large fronts that deposit everywhere and everyone gets x amount of snow - there are pockets of heavier precip in with lighter in with nothing in this set up - it's going to be pot luck in some ways - but - like someone has already said - it seems to be getting colder - and that is the circulating low dragging in the colder air into the mix - this will eventually increase chances for a lot of us to see snow in Wales and some of us could well get a few cms or more.

Posted

Heres a link to the weather station on the barrage in cardiff

http://www.cardiffharbour.com/harbour/10.170.1.62/Date_Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

I got a feeling time and a little bit of altitude will make the difference

The system also seems a little bit further west than first thought

Worst comes to worst up to the mother in laws in the valleys to get my snow fix