Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I am a bit fed up actually..... we had wet snow earlier but only lasted for a bit and now nothing. I am just jelious at Cardiff I think. lol

No need as I am sure your turn will come :D

According to some on the model thread a possiblity of between 4 and 6

more snow events so they've probably doomed us

Edited by nomad098

Posted

Seem to be getting heavy pulses of activity in Newport - Blizzard followed by light snow then heavier bursts but it hasn't stopped for the last hour or so and is forecast for the rest of the day so although its not sticking at the moment, even on the grass,it does have plenty of time to get a grip.

Posted

Its been snowing here for over an hour and a half big flakes and settling now quite fast half inch now over the wet ground on the road and footpaths i`m 77mtrs asl here in newport.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Got to Bedlinog over the top. Snow sticking to road at around 350m. Little bit exciting at times. Nothing sticking in Bedlinog left via Trelewis/Nelson no snow there a bit of slushy rain. Back in Merthyr again zilch no snow nothing sticking. Around 2oC

Sorry Andy but i'm not yet convinced that this is going to amount to much.

Posted

Got to Bedlinog over the top. Snow sticking to road at around 350m. Little bit exciting at times. Nothing sticking in Bedlinog left via Trelewis/Nelson no snow there a bit of slushy rain. Back in Merthyr again zilch no snow nothing sticking. Around 2oC

Sorry Andy but i'm not yet convinced that this is going to amount to much.

Well it's belting it down here - much heavier snow now and it's coming your way - you'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will this low rotate all day lol.

slow moving is the best type of frontal snow - if this keeps going till 9pm tonight - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really getting a hold up here now - everything is white

Posted

Well it's belting it down here - much heavier snow now and it's coming your way - you'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow moving is the best type of frontal snow - if this keeps going till 9pm tonight - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really getting a hold up here now - everything is white

BBC only had it over us until around 5pm.

Posted

Once again - looking at the radar - raintoday - I seem to be right in the thick of it - blizzard conditions here now - and no end to it for the immediate future!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

BBC only had it over us until around 5pm.

meto's warning is till 9pm - but obviously that covers a large area not just us in south wales - we'll have to see how it goes

Posted

Trying to snow again in Merthyr. Nothing sticking and i don't think it will until well into this evening.

Posted

Lol you always get the best stuff:(

move to a mountain mate - I'm from cardiff - heath area originally - my parents live in whitchurch area now - but I'm quite happy in Ponty on top of the mountain - brilliant - top of the Graigerhorn!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to snow again in Merthyr. Nothing sticking and i don't think it will until well into this evening.

you'll get it in Merthyr - very soon - I'm sure - I'm sure Dowlais top is getting hammered right now

Posted

meto's warning is till 9pm - but obviously that covers a large area not just us in south wales - we'll have to see how it goes

How much u got on the ground mate? around 0.0111111111111111111111cm lol here.

move to a mountain mate - I'm from cardiff - heath area originally - my parents live in whitchurch area now - but I'm quite happy in Ponty on top of the mountain - brilliant - top of the Graigerhorn!!!!!!!!!!!

you'll get it in Merthyr - very soon - I'm sure - I'm sure Dowlais top is getting hammered right now

Doubt my parents would move lol.

Posted

How much u got on the ground mate? around 0.0111111111111111111111cm lol here.

Doubt my parents would move lol.

when you get older - you can decide what you want to do then! - live in the alps - I would love to live in Austria in the alps - but it's extremely expensive!!!!!!!! - we all should have dreams

We got a good few cms now and still a blizzard - covering grass and roads now

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Once again then - the snow has won - and we are a winter wonderland - and with this snow plus tomorrow night's forecasted snow into saturday and more snow saturday night into sunday - looks like it'll be piling up even more - wow - who said winters over - not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Can't honestly believe how heavy it is here currently.

How bad would you say it is out there as i have to venture home that way later

My colleague has been up Dowlais. Sticking to pavements nothing on the roads.

Really could do with a very heavy persistant downing now

Posted

How bad would you say it is out there as i have to venture home that way later

Abergavenny is currently under heavy snow just like what I have here - I would imagine things will be difficult - I wouldn't say the roads right now are a problem but if things keep going like they are now in a few hours things could get tricky