Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

yes tomorrow night looks orite but I want to see about tonight the chance of some snow showers is there and I always do great out of them because they drop all their goodness on me then peter out in the beacons behind my house.

Posted

yes tomorrow night looks orite but I want to see about tonight the chance of some snow showers is there and I always do great out of them because they drop all their goodness on me then peter out in the beacons behind my house.

There might be one or two showers about but nothing fantastic - I'd much prefer a good frontal snow to give a lot of snow - and I think that's what you'll have tomorrow night - and cause it's coming over night there's a better chance it'll stick around longer - east wales will get it too and then we've got early sunday morning for all of Wales too to look forward to.

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Oh yeah - did I mention - there's a blizzard outside - it's just piling up still!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

There might be one or two showers about but nothing fantastic - I'd much prefer a good frontal snow to give a lot of snow - and I think that's what you'll have tomorrow night - and cause it's coming over night there's a better chance it'll stick around longer - east wales will get it too and then we've got early sunday morning for all of Wales too to look forward to.

It has just rained/sleeted here today.... Not a Happy Bunny.

Posted

It has just rained/sleeted here today.... Not a Happy Bunny.

I'm sorry you haven't had much luck today - you are soooooooo close to the coast - it is never gonna be easy to get snow to settle where you are really unless like in January the temps fall to the extremes - but you never know - more chances over the weekend to come as well - and the cold air is gonna dig in a bit more!

You're welcome to some of mine Aliunknw.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

I'm sorry you haven't had much luck today - you are soooooooo close to the coast - it is never gonna be easy to get snow to settle where you are really unless like in January the temps fall to the extremes - but you never know - more chances over the weekend to come as well - and the cold air is gonna dig in a bit more!

You're welcome to some of mine Ali

Awww thanks, I might just take you up on that offer. I have decided, we are going to move ready for next year, this stress is just too much for me and the dissappointment even more. wacko.gif

Posted

Oh yeah - did I mention - there's a blizzard outside - it's just piling up still!

Andy, I'm around 3 miles north of you and there's nothing on the ground and it's just sleeting. It's really odd how localised this event seems to be.

Posted

hehe, I wonder if those wintry showers progged for tonight will deliver anything substantial for me here, because the snow from the east won't come any closer now.

Friday saturday our best chance adam heavy wintery showers, tried to keep a level head and i was right just rain sleet in swansea .dident get caught up with the ramping .too warm here for proper snow whatever the charts and the rampers said,need the heavy showers to drive down tempretures frontal snow will not happen this time of year in west wales .

Posted

Awww thanks, I might just take you up on that offer. I have decided, we are going to move ready for next year, this stress is just too much for me and the dissappointment even more. wacko.gif

And it's still a blizzard outside - this has been amazing today - best part of nearly 6 hours of this blizzard

Andy, I'm around 3 miles north of you and there's nothing on the ground and it's just sleeting. It's really odd how localised this event seems to be.

what height are you - that's very strange - your welcome to visit my blizzard -- as welsh wizard wants to - I think I might start selling tickets!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Friday saturday our best chance adam heavy wintery showers, tried to keep a level head and i was right just rain sleet in swansea .dident get caught up with the ramping .too warm here for proper snow whatever the charts and the rampers said,need the heavy showers to drive down tempretures frontal snow will not happen this time of year in west wales .

I ain't ramping mate - telling the truth - come and see for yourself - I got more snow than I know what to do with - I'm sorry you haven't faired any better - it seems I might have been sitting right under the sweet spot of this front - twisting on it's axis and I've been right under the axis all day with heavy snow for about 6 hours continuous + a temp of 0 degrees outside = settling snow of a good 3 - 4 inches

help.gif Got flakes the size of 50ps now - gonna need a snowmobile shortly - your all very welcome to come to the village of Pencoedcae and look me up in Black Rd - to see the snow I got here

Edited by andymusic

Posted

And it's still a blizzard outside - this has been amazing today - best part of nearly 6 hours of this blizzard

what height are you - that's very strange - your welcome to visit my blizzard -- as welsh wizard wants to - I think I might start selling tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Nelson's at about 220m. This is the first snowfall I've ever seen around here that appears to be depend on whether you live in town or not. The fields just outside which I can see (same altitude) are white, while we just have huge puddles everywhere and nothing but heavy wet snow.

Posted

I think Nelson's at about 220m. This is the first snowfall I've ever seen around here that appears to be depend on whether you live in town or not. The fields just outside which I can see (same altitude) are white, while we just have huge puddles everywhere and nothing but heavy wet snow.

well it's the countryside here - cows and sheep for neighbours

It's absolutely belting it down here with big fluffy flakes

Edited by andymusic

It's been snowing non-stop since 9 this morning, currently around 4". It's not as heavy now as around lunchtime. We're on Monmouthshire/Herefordshire border, 5 miles north of Monmouth where it's been snowing but not sticking - but we're around 900 ft which always makes a difference.

Posted

Here's a piccy from today up in Pencoedcae

19160_314004124429_510949429_3348832_1909733_n.jpg

And still the Ponty blizzard rages on and on -

The only blizzard in the village/Wales

(By the way - that's not me in the piccy - a mate called Craig)

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

It's been snowing non-stop since 9 this morning, currently around 4". It's not as heavy now as around lunchtime. We're on Monmouthshire/Herefordshire border, 5 miles north of Monmouth where it's been snowing but not sticking - but we're around 900 ft which always makes a difference.

Where abouts are you. We're in Grosmont. Think we've had a bit there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Stopped here now, just had sleet all day but that is better than nothing as i though it was gunna be just rain for the most part! Just seen the meto watch including wales for monday for heavy snow! what are the chances of this happening?

Posted

Stopped here now, just had sleet all day but that is better than nothing as i though it was gunna be just rain for the most part! Just seen the meto watch including wales for monday for heavy snow! what are the chances of this happening?

I'm more interested in the one that's coming in for us friday night into saturday morning first - weird how they've missed that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still it's a blizzard outside - stop me if I'm boring you!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I'm more interested in the one that's coming in for us friday night into saturday morning first - weird how they've missed that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still it's a blizzard outside - stop me if I'm boring you!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure about anyone else, but making me Jealous lol

Posted

We're up on the hill above Welsh Newton, we can look across to Garway Hill and the Graig, so not far away.

I'm hoping the roads are passable tomorrow morning as I need to get out and don't have a 4x4.

This lot will freeze over night - so tomorrow morning will be a difficult one!

Posted

I'm home now, so here's my Caerphilly report.

Snow line on Nantgarw Hill, just below the traffic lights (about 90m) on the grass

It got a bit slushy in the gutters on the hill up to mine at about 150m.

Looking over Caerphilly, there's snow on the fir trees by Caerphilly Golf Club from about 130m.

And the snow has stopped now that I am here to enjoy it. wallbash.gif

Posted

Not sure about anyone else, but making me Jealous lol

I'm sorry - I think I can finally see the end of it on radar now though - after 6 and a half hours - wow - what a snowfest - snowmageddon - snowpocalypse

And two more good looking fronts to come over wales in the next 3 - 4 days as well - we are having a cracking winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hey peeps, i'm still in South Wales at the moment, going back to Leicester tomorrow. It has been snowing here all day in Aberdare, where my uncle lives in Cwmdare which is roughly 200m ASL it started to settle around 1pm but I am currently down in the office where my uncle works in Abercynon and it hasn't settled at all here lol. I hope it is white when we get back up to Cwmdare in a few hours haha.

Bet the mountains are awesome at the moment. The mountain behind my uncles house had quite a lot of snow on it this morning.

Here is my best shot at a valleys accent...

YALLRIGHT BUTT?? Haha :)

Posted

I'm home now, so here's my Caerphilly report.

Snow line on Nantgarw Hill, just below the traffic lights (about 90m) on the grass

It got a bit slushy in the gutters on the hill up to mine at about 150m.

Looking over Caerphilly, there's snow on the fir trees by Caerphilly Golf Club from about 130m.

And the snow has stopped now that I am here to enjoy it. wallbash.gif

come up to Pencoedcae - the snow capital of Wales - everyone welcome

Hey peeps, i'm still in South Wales at the moment, going back to Leicester tomorrow. It has been snowing here all day in Aberdare, where my uncle lives in Cwmdare which is roughly 200m ASL it started to settle around 1pm but I am currently down in the office where my uncle works in Abercynon and it hasn't settled at all here lol. I hope it is white when we get back up to Cwmdare in a few hours haha.

Bet the mountains are awesome at the moment. The mountain behind my uncles house had quite a lot of snow on it this morning.

Here is my best shot at a valleys accent...

YALLRIGHT BUTT?? Haha biggrin.gif

The way things are going we might have to start speaking eskimo -

I'm from cardiff orig - so

WHAT'S OCCURRIN'

ps. it's still snowin'

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

after 6 and a half hours - wow - what a snowfest - snowmageddon - snowpocalypse

I am jealous, but 3-4inches of snow is no snowmageddon!

1_IRAN_461.jpg

When this happens is snowmageddon

Edited by Marcus_surfer