Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Blackjack, its beginning to settle here now, so I imagine its a lot worse towards yours....

Radar shows it coming to an end soon though doesn't it andy?

I'd say Abergavenny could have at least another hour or two of this - this is quite a slow moving front and it keeps developing aswell - so he'd best keep an eye on things - I'm not convinced that main roads will be a problem because of the timing of this snow now in the day but side roads might start to be an issue.

Posted

Abergavenny is currently under heavy snow just like what I have here - I would imagine things will be difficult - I wouldn't say the roads right now are a problem but if things keep going like they are now in a few hours things could get tricky

Been snowing quite heavily in Newport for quite some time now- grass and paths are white where I work and the roads are looking slushy so its starting to build-if it keeps like this for another hour or so can see the roads staring to get a bit messy and then followed by the inevitable 4 hour 15 mile journey home when everyone starts panicking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Settling very quickly now. Temp of 0.5oc and its the heaviest snow I have ever seen. Honestly now, I'd get home.

Could you email my boss to that effect. Not a chance of me getting out of here at the moment wallbash.gif

Fingers crossed i'll make it later. I haven't failed yet whistling.gif

Posted

Been snowing quite heavily in Newport for quite some time now- grass and paths are white where I work and the roads are looking slushy so its starting to build-if it keeps like this for another hour or so can see the roads staring to get a bit messy and then followed by the inevitable 4 hour 15 mile journey home when everyone starts panicking.

It's looking pretty bad here now Steve - and more to come - you will have an exciting time home tonight - I think A470 etc will be ok but side roads could be very "interesting"

Nothing coming down now, that's it i guess.

still got a blizzard - looks like you are gonna have a break - more to come for you though

Posted

Sigh, still sleet here. But now the cloud has cleared I can see the hills and the snow level is about 120ish.

Is this weather looking like staying a few moer hours?

Posted

Sigh, still sleet here. But now the cloud has cleared I can see the hills and the snow level is about 120ish.

Is this weather looking like staying a few moer hours?

Think so - it's a blizzard here - everything's white!

Posted

Can't believe how quickly its now settling here....

Just had a word with the boss. I may be heading home soon. Just had a call from the wife who is travelling past Locks Garage on A465 near Allensmore and she says that the only reason she is still moving is because or a big truck in front of her. Worse than Jan she is saying

Posted

sleet here now

Not woried though once it picks up it should turn back to snow:wacko: hopefully

Cardiff barage back

temp 1.1c

dp 0.3c

average wind speed 8mph from the NNE

edit

temp 1.3c

dp 0.4c

average wind speed 8mph from the NNE

Edited by nomad098

Posted

How's it looking out there. Every one has gone quiet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow here this morning gave way to sleet and then rain and drizzle. Starting to clear now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just got back from town, keeps going from rain/sleet to snowy sleet but temp on the rise :S now 2.8C. It keeps trying to snow but just cant quite get there, maybe later on if it cools down!

Posted

Still snowing heavy here, starting to stick to grass and cars but not roads, Current Temp: 2C

Posted

So do we reckon we'll be in for in Sat night as well? yahoo.gif

Posted

Snow has melted here from this morning nothing falling from the sky tempreature is -0.4 however gone much colder in last hour. Went to fforest fach this morning just rain and in ammanford and when i left my house my car was white got hime however and theres nothing but it's a lot colder.

Posted

Here's the latest from the snow capital of the UK - Pontypridd

Blizzard is still on going - sorry for not posting for a while - had to go out and get supplies - was getting worried I wasn't going to get out at all - lucky I went when I did - driving was trecherous - had thoughts of turning back - bad accident in the village - right mess - managed to get to beddau local spa - and just managed to get back - queue of cars on the top of the Graigerhorn - assessing whether they should go down it or not - you won't catch me doing that in my Volvo - that's for sure - roads are not good at all up here