Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

snowing quite a bit here now - it's not quite gonna work out like that I think - the swirling low is dragging in colder air behind it - which will aid snow producing to lower levels

Hi Andy it does seem to be doing what i thought in this area, rain Bridgend sleet ogmore vale and wet snow nantymoel, but to be honest i didnt think it would have been as bad up the bwlch as it is, so it does seem to be that height and temp are making a huge diff, in fact the bwlch may be closed as i type, we drove over about 12 and it was quite bad and snowing heavy,with wet snow in nanty and treorci but when coming back at 1.15 still wet snow treorci and nanty but the bwlch is awful in fact the snow is so heavy and dry there is 3 inches on the roads and it wont be long for it to close,on the very top there are drifts massing up.and the diff in temp is 2 c from bwlch to nanty and much higher in height of course.

should be fun up there tomor if this keeps up,the snow is very dry and huge flakes up there but then it turns very wet within about 100 ft diff in height.

Posted

So do we reckon we'll be in for in Sat night as well? yahoo.gif

Friday night/saturday morning and early hours of sunday too - much more snow to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Huge flakes here now. yahoo.gif Still not sticking though wallbash.gif

They've taken away the Highest point camera and replaced it with the Storey Arms

Posted

Huge flakes here now. yahoo.gif Still not sticking though wallbash.gif

told you you'd get it - took a while to stick here - but now we got too much - a couple of inches slowly building up

I think we're right in the sweet spot - again - the front is twisting on it's axis - and we're right underneath the axis!

Posted

Andy if ever there was a ramper ;) And the cold ramping award goes to the Pontypridd Polar Bear Andy ;)

Posted

Andy if ever there was a ramper tongue.gif And the cold ramping award goes to the Pontypridd Polar Bear Andy tongue.gif

Thank you kindly there Adam - come and play with my snow - snowmen at the ready!

Blizzard still on going

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Yet again I report it's rubbish here mad.gif

Andy, will you borrow one of the Olympics trucks and bring me some of your "alleged blum.gif " snow.

It's just drizzle here with the temperature up a degree from earlier. Still, as long as I get home safe at 3:30 I'm happy enough with the wait until the weekend for some more (possible) snow.

Posted

Yet again I report it's rubbish here mad.gif

Andy, will you borrow one of the Olympics trucks and bring me some of your "alleged blum.gif " snow.

It's just drizzle here with the temperature up a degree from earlier. Still, as long as I get home safe at 3:30 I'm happy enough with the wait until the weekend for some more (possible) snow.

Your only in Caerphilly - come up the A470 a tad and take a look at senghenydd mountain and then our side of Ponty - I'll admit that when I went for supplies in Beddau - it was snowing heavily but nothing had stuck - the temp in my car went up from 0 - 1 degrees c in Bedda and then back to 0 when I came back. I'm on a little rd called Black rd at the top of Graigwen - village of Pen coedcae.

still a blizzard here - if you can get one of those trucks I'll gladly let you have some of my snow - fields and fields of it up here - only the sheep and cows to keep it company

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Andy if ever there was a ramper tongue.gif And the cold ramping award goes to the Pontypridd Polar Bear Andy tongue.gif

lol i got to go to Andys street,what area do you live in Andy as i got a spare couple of hours?

JOO you want to go up the bwlch mountain mate there is a lot of snow up there good.gif but it is a high mountain,nothing down in the valley at all but i think height and temp is the key to where the snow lies,Andy pm me your post code so i can come and build my snowman,i would love to see the ponty blizzard.yahoo.gif

Posted

I'm in Nantgarw (at 50m asl) working lazy.gif at the moment.

The mountain is teasing me with the snow on it. Although I'm sure the snow line is getting higher as the lower fields are looking a bit more greener than earlier.

My house is at about 150m in Caerphilly so I expect my garden will be looking nice.

Posted

My other half believes me - Liza -

I'm in Nantgarw (at 50m asl) working lazy.gif at the moment.

The mountain is teasing me with the snow on it. Although I'm sure the snow line is getting higher as the lower fields are looking a bit more greener than earlier.

My house is at about 150m in Caerphilly so I expect my garden will be looking nice.

I think your house will be just underneath or about on the snow line where it accumulates! - it's a very fine line today

Edited by grab my graupel
Keep to weather related links please

Posted

Lot and lots of huge flakes here, but still frustratingly not sticking

Posted

what's the height at where you are now?

Merthyr Town Centre 263m

Posted

Merthyr Town Centre 263m

weird - we got 2 -3 + inches here - must be that we are in the countryside - not the town centre - only thing I can think of!

still blizzard!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

weird - we got 2 -3 + inches here - must be that we are in the countryside - not the town centre - only thing I can think of!

Yeah only takes a degree in urban areas for it to be wet. Back home is pretty bad though. Will be off early tonight me thinks

Posted

hehe, I wonder if those wintry showers progged for tonight will deliver anything substantial for me here, because the snow from the east won't come any closer now.

Posted

Andy we are on our way to your blizzard in the next 10 mins, we got to go to llantrisant so may as well go that little further. see you soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Hi Folks, Brynmawr has got snow again started at 7.30 am and hasnt stopped.....its about 3/4 inches now..........

Posted

hehe, I wonder if those wintry showers progged for tonight will deliver anything substantial for me here, because the snow from the east won't come any closer now.

Adam, your next chance of some decent snow is coming tomorrow night into saturday morning - the GFS 06z forecast a front to cross Wales from West to East so you'll get it first mate! - and as a bonus sunday morning is looking like a repeat performance too

Andy we are on our way to your blizzard in the next 10 mins, we got to go to llantrisant so may as well go that little further. see you soon.

all comers welcome

Posted

Has not stopped in Newport all day from 10:15 and quite heavy for most of the day (as it still is now) - not sure its an elevation thing then because we're pretty much at sea level here - perhaps more of an East / West divide perhaps?