Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm suprised the METO haven't put out one of those 'red' warnings for some parts of Scotland now!

Kind of got used to it, and decided that most warnings from the MetO are a jinx. :p

Posted

Would that be a red card for those ABE shirts then Saint :p

Big Innes

Yes aswell. :p

At least we can make it to world cups and don't make immature shirts which make our nation look silly. :D:p :lol::p

Posted

Yes aswell. :p

At least we can make it to world cups and don't make immature shirts which make our nation look silly. :D:p :lol::p

They sure makes me feel right at home... being English and all... :p

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted

Starting to turn more sleety, and think we have had our second lightning strike of the night? Can you confirm NUT. If so we can then add Thunder Sleet to our Vocab.

Saw lights flicker a couple more times but not saw any more lightning since our brief burst earlier but rain has turned sleety again.

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Wind blowing big time here now and snow increasing by the minute cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Blizzard per chance whistling.gif

Big Innes

Posted

Haaaaaa. 'ABE' is a best seller currently. I believe many participating nations in the World Cup have their own version of 'ABE' too. One does wonder why? :p

Meanwhile, back in real life, BBC Radio 5 Live have mentioned "numerous road closures" in Scotland tonight ..still waiting/wondering where these closures are....pretty vague :p

Posted

Haaaaaa. 'ABE' is a best seller currently. I believe many participating nations in the World Cup have their own version of 'ABE' too. One does wonder why? :p

Meanwhile, back in real life, BBC Radio 5 Live have mentioned "numerous road closures" in Scotland tonight ..still waiting/wondering where these closures are....pretty vague :lol:

Closures are in Scotland. :p BBC never wrong. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Haaaaaa. 'ABE' is a best seller currently. I believe many participating nations in the World Cup have their own version of 'ABE' too. One does wonder why? :hi:

Meanwhile, back in real life, BBC Radio 5 Live have mentioned "numerous road closures" in Scotland tonight ..still waiting/wondering where these closures are....pretty vague :help:

because English footy fans are louts on the whole, with very few redeeming features, also there are lots of them.

snip - that was uncalled-for.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

SS, I think you're going to take the lead on the snowfront again in the coming days, with this little corner of east Fife, Dundee and Edinburgh being the only places left without much of the white stuff. Oh no, forgetting about Stranraer!

I'm hoping there's only one SS in here? rolleyes.gif

Been lurking tonight; busy with work and depressed by the rain...sad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

because English footy fans are louts on the whole, with very few redeeming features, also there are lots of them.

How about trimming your own sig then? I think we have your message too.

Lol, mine was about 50 lines long and was beginning to annoy me more than anything else!

Anyway, should be turning brighter, clearer and colder where you are through tomorrow. Enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Yes aswell. tongue.gif

At least we can make it to world cups and don't make immature shirts which make our nation look silly. biggrin.giftongue.giflaugh.gifwhistling.gif

Saint,

England should make it to every major finals hi.gif it's how the team and the fans perform when you are there, that makes your nation look silly mega_shok.gif

How is the snow doing in your area ?

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I'm hoping there's only one SS in here? rolleyes.gif

Been lurking tonight; busy with work and depressed by the rain...sad.gif

There's only one SS, there's only one SS! laugh.gif

Saint,

England should make it to every major finals hi.gif it's how the team and the fans perfom when you are there, that makes your nation look silly mega_shok.gif

How is the snow doing in your area ?

Big Innes

I would have a guess that 'non existent' is the word used when describing snowfall in the St Albans area in the last 4 days.

Posted

There's only one SS, there's only one SS! laugh.gif

I would have a guess that 'non existent' is the word used when describing snowfall in the St Albans area in the last 4 days.

Ha ha

Then we should have sympathy for our visitor from St Albans...

As for the footie. England has 12x the population of scotland, so, given that they have ~the same interest in football/clubs per person, they so have a lot more players to choose from and thus prospects for great players. Basic statistics.

If you consider that, then Scotland does well by comparison. rolleyes.gif

England just needs to stop being convinced it has a good chance of winning/is a world class team and it might actually win.

edit: lapland Aviemore looks like it had quite a dump http://www.winterhig.../cams/aviemore/

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Truly staggering snow on the mountains here in scotland (and these are just the ski resorts)

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/snowconditions.aspx?intCountryID=96&strSortOrder=Country

(Click on SCO if it isn't already highlighted) Simply staggering amounts! Must be 1 of the best seasons ever.

Posted

The Mountain Spirit Cam is back up and running in Aviemore. Came back up the A9 about 10pm, snow had eased for a time but it was just belting it down again when I was on the road. Just insane coming over the Slochd, not blowing much when I came over but the intensity was close to biblical, bottoming out coming down the Slochd Dual Carriageway. Would give the rate of snow fall I've seen in California ski areas a serious run for their money. Approaching the Slochd from the South there's 6-7ft wreaths of snow built up inside the crash barriers, the cut on the road was down to just 1 lane in bits climbing up towards the Dual Carriageway.

Similar coming over Moy Moor, completely whiting out for periods as well - out of which appeared two snowploughs staggered, one well across my side of the road ramming the drifts, and the one behind clearing up the mess, was a bit of a WTF moment as they went past and I vanished into a complete wall of snow - thought the wipers were not going to be able to clear it!! :mellow:

Traffic behind so I couldn't stop to take any photos and no hope in hell of getting off the road into a layby, sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

It is a truly disgusting grey morning, back garden is flooded, freezing rain and lots of it.

No fun at all..

North East in for another spectacular pasting today too.

Definitive winter for Scotland.

Sleety snow falling here after rain overnight. It looks lovely outside with many inches of snow still on the ground. I think it will be more slushy than it looks and I am not looking forward to walking round to the school with 6-8 inches of slush on every surface. I knew I should have bought wellies :mellow:

Posted

Third day of almost continuous snow. Temp 0C and still snowing. People are not getting out to go to work this morning.

Winter of 2009/2010 will go certainly down in history as a snowy one. I have seen more snow this year than for many years!

Still raining here... Officially fed up now.

Back to rain here. It's going to be a soggy walk to school today and I hope I don't fall on my bottom again. We could do with a sharp frost to freeze the snow/slush for a few days.

If I ever win the lottery I'll get a specially adapted snow coach built to take everyone to where the best snow is :mellow:

Posted

Temp down from 3.1 to 2.7 in 45 mins. Odd to see as the sun comes up!

Heavy cold rain for the mo, but the BBC think this'll be snow soon. Guess the above would support that.

edit: 2.6 now. That is dropping fast.

Edited by scottish skier