Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Brilliant link Mondy.........I would not like to dig that lot out with a wee shovel!!!

Watched Soapbox Racing that is something else!!! :whistling::clap::acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

We have a nice covering here, everything nice and white, i didn't think it was to snow tonight but there you go lol. Snow is still falling at nice steady pace :D

The snow is quite heavy

Hubby just in and said that the gritters haven't been out and the roads are quite bad? Certainly coming down at a steady rate here now. Looking at the 18zs it looks as if it is going to get heavier overnight? Best look at the local forecast I suppose.

What you got Innes?

Looks a bit chilly come Thursday across the border on this run?

post-1989-12672227655117_thumb.png

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Looks like I've picked the wrong parent to stay with this evening - the radar shows all the heavier precipitation to our east and south while Strathmiglo sits in a constant lull. Freuchie however looks like it might have a decent bit of snow, if it was falling as snow - typical!

LS

Just back in the door after driving in tae Dunfemline to collect the youngest.

The snaw is aboot 2" deep on the main road up here and starting tae drift in the strong wind, also had tae squeeze past a cooncil snaw plough coming the other way cold.gif

Just damp clear roads in Dunfermline.

Temp is up a wee bit now at +1Deg C and the snaw is pulsing heavy then lighterdry.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Hubby just in and said that the gritters haven't been out and the roads are quite bad? Certainly coming down at a steady rate here now. Looking at the 18zs it looks as if it is going to get heavier overnight? Best look at the local forecast I suppose.

What you got Innes?

Hi Blitzen,

See my post to LS good.gif

Edit: A cald bottle o' Miller noo whistling.gif

Big innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

What you got Innes?

BBC forecast suggested it would last until around 3/4am

Posted

Around a 1 or 2cm's here now! Snow is easing a little. Which way is this front actually moving? I really can't tell... BBC map thing has the snow over us until around 9AM tomorrow.

Posted

Evening all, just in from SRI. Wee one in overnight with chest infection again!!!!!!! :D Been all over tonight and the roads around Forth Valley are at best car wreckers! Going to need more than the £5 million to repair this lot when winters over (sometime in June 2012 I expect)

Still got about an inch of snaw and temp is 1C and as Mondy said earlier "lamppost says sleet"

So whats the scores on the doors tonight for the coming 7 days, can't be bothered looking in the model thread as got to now dial in to work and fix a rather bad Database blow up from this afternoon.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Evening all, just in from SRI. Wee one in overnight with chest infection again!!!!!!! sad.gif Been all over tonight and the roads around Forth Valley are at best car wreckers! Going to need more than the £5 million to repair this lot when winters over (sometime in June 2012 I expect)

Still got about an inch of snaw and temp is 1C and as Mondy said earlier "lamppost says sleet"

So whats the scores on the doors tonight for the coming 7 days, can't be bothered looking in the model thread as got to now dial in to work and fix a rather bad Database blow up from this afternoon.

Cold, sunnier, possibly more snow, more likely the further northeast or south you are, less cold uppers at times though this associated with bands of precipitation moving north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Evening all, just in from SRI. Wee one in overnight with chest infection again!!!!!!! :( Been all over tonight and the roads around Forth Valley are at best car wreckers! Going to need more than the £5 million to repair this lot when winters over (sometime in June 2012 I expect)

Spring it aint! at least not according to the 18z. An overall chilly week I think, especially for England as they are showing some -10 uppers come Thursday. I think we could pick up something wintry if the forecasted storm for the south remains on it's present track. It does look nasty down there on Sunday. A few on flood watch!

Sorry to hear about the wee one!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

It's 1/1ºC here - and pelting it down with rain...

Posted

LS and Blitzen, thanks for the update, very much appreciated. Off to get a drop or two of wine and settle in to repair mode till stupid O' clock.

Lampost still say sleet! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Was also up at 1.20am with wee one and it was snowing really heavily then. We must have had about 4/5cm approx (not been out to do official measure yet. Still snowing.

Surfaces were soaking wet from constant heavy rain yesterday and it was still pouring down when i went to bed, so for snow to lie and look sooo lovely by 1am was something wonderful!!

Everything now has started to turn slushy from underneath, not surprised as the ground is sodden.

All ok though cause we got some snaw too :(

Edit: in fact now big chunky flakes again.....lovely :(

Edited by snowy owl

Looks like I've picked the wrong parent to stay with this evening - the radar shows all the heavier precipitation to our east and south while Strathmiglo sits in a constant lull. Freuchie however looks like it might have a decent bit of snow, if it was falling as snow - typical!

LS

I've heard of many reasons that someone picked the wrong parent, but never weather related :lol:

Evening all, just in from SRI. Wee one in overnight with chest infection again!!!!!!! :(

Hope the wee one is better soon :good:

Its still snowing here. I was up during the night with baby and it has not stopped since yesterday :D Quiet day at work me thinks :lol:

How much did you get?? :) (where do you work too, just to be nosy :lol:)

We have got a fresh covering here, maybe about 1cm on the cars in the lane :)

Although we are basically housebound due to the existing snow and I won't be getting too far with the wee one today unless I borrow my parents' Shogun. I am not being as stupid as I was yesterday in taking the pram out :doh:

Edit: Forecast looks like it is not going to be spring for a while :blink:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Well we managed about an hour of moderate snow and a slight dusting here, though perhaps Freuchie did better (although sometimes it tends to be 0.5C or so warmer so maybe all the PPN fell as snow in Kirkcaldy but rain in Freuchie!).

I think I might take a walk up the hill today - the top at 450 metres kept snow the entire time, so depths could be quite interesting there!

LS

edit: Online Freuchie weather station shows 5mm of rainfall in last 24 hours, when the radar shows this has been closer to 12mm. Therefore there should be at least a cm or so of snow lying?

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Morning all. Been up in Aberdeen all week and never had a chance to look through the forum. Did anyone get any of the really deep snow, or did we all sufer from from wet slushy stuff. Aberdeen was was under a few inches of slush. Hidious. But some of my work friends from outside town were talking of 12 - 15". They are only 45 mins outside town.

Had a brief look at the charts and looks to stay quite cold. Perhaps another fall before we start to warm up ????whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Enjoy the snow in Fife today.drinks.gif