Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Coast

Posted

Did anyone else see the helicopter fly around the left side of the erupting volcano

just a few minutes ago on the webcam image.

Collecting new data I assume.

yes i did, then it turned and headed toward the volcano all of a sudden was large ejection and the helecopter spun away lol.

LO

Posted

Am bemused by the number of people saying they can smell something in the air - that's impossible in southern england - more likely the drains - lol

I know what volcanos smell like i have visited several here is a pic of me stood in one jumping as a gust of wind blew the hot air from a vent onto my leg the volcano is the Solfatara Volcano RIGHT IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF NAPLES considered more of a danger to naples than Versuvius

post-9919-12715022971569_thumb.jpg

Posted

Haven't had one amazing sunset. Maybe today.

There was a golden haze to the west from 5pm till sunset here! After the sun disappeared, there were layers of dust/haze on the horizon.

I can just about see the Pennines today despite the cloudless sky!

Karyo

Posted

There was a golden haze to the west from 5pm till sunset here! After the sun disappeared, there were layers of dust/haze on the horizon.

I can just about see the Pennines today despite the cloudless sky!

Karyo

must add try dawn also as on my way too work at 05.30 sunrise colour looked a bit odd not purple or very orange just a strange silvery colour

Posted

must add try dawn also as on my way too work at 05.30 sunrise colour looked a bit odd not purple or very orange just a strange silvery colour

Yes, a friend of mine said the sunrise was also interesting!

Posted

Possibly some good news

Scandinavian Airways are working on a prototype engine filter that may fix all the problems. Picture below

post-3741-12715035270369_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Not sure if this has been posted yet but there are some amazing pictures here http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/icelands_disruptive_volcano.html

Posted

Possibly some good news

Scandinavian Airways are working on a prototype engine filter that may fix all the problems. Picture below

:whistling:

got to laugh in this worrying time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I can't upload my pics as it wont work as i think they are too big but there is what i assume is a very thin layer of ash on my mums clean car, as it wasn't there yesterday!

Posted

Daily Telegraph

next week could bring us more dust across Britain and we could have people covered in dust,with the expected nice weather many people might be expected to dress like this.

People warned to stay in doors as dust falls on Britain

People with breathing difficulties were told to stay indoors last night as the first traces of ash from the Icelandic volcano began to fall on Britain.

Tiny particles of dust from the poisonous plume began raining down on the Shetland Islands and northern Scotland overnight but were discovered as far south as Sheffield later in the day.

In Cleveland on the north east coast, people also reported finding a light dusting of ash on their cars.

BurningMan2009DustStorm.jpg

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Daily Telegraph

next week could bring us more dust across Britain and we could have people covered in dust,with the expected nice weather many people might be expected to dress like this.

People warned to stay in doors as dust falls on Britain

People with breathing difficulties were told to stay indoors last night as the first traces of ash from the Icelandic volcano began to fall on Britain.

Tiny particles of dust from the poisonous plume began raining down on the Shetland Islands and northern Scotland overnight but were discovered as far south as Sheffield later in the day.

In Cleveland on the north east coast, people also reported finding a light dusting of ash on their cars.

BurningMan2009DustStorm.jpg

I was wondering what you looked like dogs now i know who to look for in DFW on the 8th may hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

No jets means that for the first time in about 60 years, one could gain air superiority over most of Europe in a world war two fighter like a spitfire or mustang lol. Oh no :)

Posted

I was wondering what you looked like dogs now i know who to look for in DFW on the 8th may hopefully

I wont be at the airport...Shipping docks :)

Posted

I was watching the sunset from Durdham Downs Sea Walls in Bristol yesterday evening - may well have seen the "Green Flash" just after the last bit of Sun was disappearing behind the Welsh hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

European airspace .. so very quiet.

airtrafficmap1.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

European airspace .. so very quiet.

airtrafficmap1.jpg

Well Etna's twitching so that may take care of the few planes in the med. I guess we need Santorini to go up which should take care of Turkish air space. That would mean a air free Europe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Witnessed some amazing scenes this morning around 05.30 when it was very active and the plume was generating lightning bolts every 10-15 seconds.

I managed to capture a couple of these as screenshots. Wish the quality was better but still quite fascinating!

post-8588-12715057488287_thumb.jpg

post-8588-12715057725687_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

I know what volcanos smell like i have visited several here is a pic of me stood in one jumping as a gust of wind blew the hot air from a vent onto my leg the volcano is the Solfatara Volcano RIGHT IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF NAPLES considered more of a danger to naples than Versuvius

post-9919-12715022971569_thumb.jpg

Yes, I've also visited Solfatara and it stinks to high heaven, but that is right at ground level and on top of the fumaroles, no way can you smell sulphur from the Icelandic volcano in England.

I was watching the sunset from Durdham Downs Sea Walls in Bristol yesterday evening - may well have seen the "Green Flash" just after the last bit of Sun was disappearing behind the Welsh hills.

I didn't realise until the other day that the whole green flash at sunset thing actually happened, I thought Pirates of the Caribbean had made it up :)

This eruption is Gordon Brown's fault.

:ph34r:

:clap: at last PP :good:

Witnessed some amazing scenes this morning around 05.30 when it was very active and the plume was generating lightning bolts every 10-15 seconds.

The first one is a cracker and I bet it doesn't do it justice. Quite something :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Are all these Earthquakes and now the volcano exploding normal in a year? Or is it leading up yo 2012? O_O

Edited by Backtrack