Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

Well this event has turned in to a big disappointment for the north west, just a damp squib without so much as a rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

cape for the south east 900J/kg+ is that correct?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunderstorm passed eastwards through Norwich, the cloud movement changed from SW-NE to WSW-ENE at the critical moment to stop the gap in between the two cells from hitting the area. It's been very hazy and murky, then a wall of dark cloud advanced, and the resulting rain was torrential at times. Plenty of thunder, including some crashes and bangs overhead, though I only saw two flashes of lightning.

Chances of some more following behind in about three hours' time according to the radar, though it is questionable whether they will still have their intensity by then.

Goodbye No Storms Club!

Posted

Through the haze, it looks as if another tower is rocketing to my West! NW Kent/London area keep your eyes out yahoo.gif

It certainly looks and feels very stormy out there - fingers crossed biggrin.gif

We're almost surrounded on all sides here by heavy showers/thunderstorms. Thunderstorms to my south won't hit here, but they aren't too far off. However showers now developing to my NW are looking more menacing with each radar update, and seem to have a NW-SE track to them as well. Clouds moving in all directions here, so to sum up I have no idea whats going to happen, if anything! :-D

Posted

just been out chasing went through bishops cleeve then up to cleeve hill, the rain was so heavy never seen it so heavy for ages, hail and lightning, the roads are like rivers, nearly got stuck ! :(

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Didn't notice any strikes but had huge booms every so often and we also had hail!.. The rain that came after it was very intense , beautiful cloudscapes too

More please :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

Just gone black here in margate to west.

New cell forming out of nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Rain stopped about an half hour ago, skies brighting, milky cloud with the odd grey bump, and nothing really heading in the direction, shame the wind wasn't in the other direction, Birmingham Urban Heat Island could of made things interesting, as im west of Birmingham

Posted

We're almost surrounded on all sides here by heavy showers/thunderstorms. Thunderstorms to my south won't hit here, but they aren't too far off. However showers now developing to my NW are looking more menacing with each radar update, and seem to have a NW-SE track to them as well. Clouds moving in all directions here, so to sum up I have no idea whats going to happen, if anything! :-D

Thats a good take on things around here, i'm 4 miles East Of Rotherham and have darker sky's towards my NW the Barnsley area.

Posted

Heavy shower here in East Hull.

How do I explain, it's muggy/close but pretty cool as of late. I very much doubt these neck of the woods will see any thunderstorms as its destabalized and much fresher.

However, never say never. lol

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

theres a convergence line running through yorkshire from NW and this is probably causing the cell development :(

Posted

Looks like the line of storms in the West Mids are increasingly turning into a Bow Line, or is it just my eyes being deceptive?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Towers have gone up with some fairly nice radar returns, but all looking rather messy at the moment. Still a few more hours for things to organise a bit - better than nothing I suppose lol - that cell over E Kent turned into something nice on radar certainly - did look mighty fine while it was rumbling round these parts.

Still rather muggy - just hoping one of these little 'cells' right nearby will kick off...though not looking likely at the moment (will probably trundle east and fire near NeilSouth I imagine :()

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A marked decrease in temperature as trough progressed east of Birmingham, with a light-moderate cool north-westerly wind. East of this line there are chances for heavy showers and thunderstorms, with both NAE and GFS modelling heavy convective precipitation, especially over eastern and south-eastern counties. Some decent MLCAPE values over the latter region progged by GFS. Disappointing day overall for here, but glad for others who got a thunderstorm!

There seems little to get excited about on Tuesday too as the charts seem to have really downgraded potential imo.

Some new cells behind the trough now too. Doubt they will be thundery now though.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Birmingham heat island is taking effect!! have hope those east of Brum!! look!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Not convinced that would be the Brum UHI, rather could just be a broader development (though less intense than over the Cotswolds) along the general trough that is now clearing the West midlands.

Posted

Towers have gone up with some fairly nice radar returns, but all looking rather messy at the moment. Still a few more hours for things to organise a bit - better than nothing I suppose lol - that cell over E Kent turned into something nice on radar certainly - did look mighty fine while it was rumbling round these parts.

Still rather muggy - just hoping one of these little 'cells' right nearby will kick off...though not looking likely at the moment (will probably trundle east and fire near NeilSouth I imagine :cray:)

:crazy:

Did you get anything last night? , atleast the storm season has started albeit a lack of CGS :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Really disappointing here, no real storm, just heavy rain.

Cleared now though and bright skies again .

Angry skies overhead now, and the rain has finally started to fall, albeit only moderately. No thunder to report.

Posted

Hi from a new member.

Am still in a state of disbelief at having missed out completely on the action that took place not far from me earlier on. If membership of the no storms club is still open I'd like to put myself forward for it please.:crazy:

theres a convergence line running through yorkshire from NW and this is probably causing the cell development :crazy:

Cheers :cray:

Let me know if you get any thunder ;-)

Posted

Looks like the line of storms in the West Mids are increasingly turning into a Bow Line, or is it just my eyes being deceptive?

No, a bow-line is something quite distinct from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just had heavy rain from that storm that passed through Essex 30mins ago, Suns back out and its still very muggy and warm

Posted

Another tower going up to my west ! :crazy: