Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

net radar showing lots of our favourite red X'S up across the channel

not being able to afford the subscription for year year at the moment, i cant see. is it an even distribution throuhout the channel or focusing on fairly specific areas?

Posted

not being able to afford the subscription for year year at the moment, i cant see. is it an even distribution throuhout the channel or focusing on fairly specific areas?

sorry I should of made it clear...On the otherside(French shore's)...now can this or these embedded TS make it to the UK Coast

Posted

sorry I should of made it clear...On the otherside(French shore's)...now can this or these embedded TS make it to the UK Coast

ah ok. ty for clarifying. well heres hoping they do. still very early days at the moment

Posted

certainly a embedded TS in there at present and not MCS I would think...Lets all Pray for an explosion later...lol..

even though Im to far North... :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Evening all,

I'm located right on the coast near Portsmouth and Can currently see nothing but low level cloud as its rather misty out to sea. Humid and 18c

Posted

as i look over to pompey its looking really glum and maybe a bit more darker tho nothing even rain is near :)

wind has picked up too throughout the afternoon

Edited by r6 steve

Posted

as i look over to pompey its looking really glum and maybe a bit more darker tho nothing even rain is near :(

Yeah its about 100 miles south of us yet, but the lastest meto update shows its starting to build again, Northern france seem to be reporting thunder.

Our time shall come! :)

Edit: And indeed it has, starting to become slightly strong

Edited by snowmania

Posted

Feeling very stormy here on the isle of wight.. Wind has picked up a little... radio and sky have been going mad for the past 10 mins.... and seagulls have been coming inland..... all good signs... :(

Posted

oh lol yeah i love em we had a good little thunderstorm here at the end of march by suprise! i see the storm on iow weather seems at the moment making a bee line for the iow!

Posted

Feeling very stormy here on the isle of wight.. Wind has picked up a little... radio and sky have been going mad for the past 10 mins.... and seagulls have been coming inland..... all good signs... :)

ive head of the first two possibly coming before bad(or good) weather, but seagulls coming inland? maybe theyre just coming home from a hard day at sea? :(

Posted

ive head of the first two possibly coming before bad(or good) weather, but seagulls coming inland? maybe theyre just coming home from a hard day at sea? :(

Lol... Seagulls coming is a good sign.. The fisherman use it as a sign to go out to sea or not..

Had to turn radio off as it was really going mad.. wind has all of sudden dropped.. Calm before the storm maybe ??

Posted

I heard years ago that seagulls coming inland is a sign of bad weather at sea and they come inland for shelter and food

Posted

I heard years ago that seagulls coming inland is a sign of bad weather at sea and they come inland for shelter and food

Yep.. thats right... :(

Latest met office update on rainfall radar is looking good.. fingers crossed it can make it over the channel...

Posted

Yep.. thats right... :(

Latest met office update on rainfall radar is looking good.. fingers crossed it can make it over the channel...

does anyone think cardiff and bristol channel areas will see anything tonight?

cheers

rob

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

the storms seem really to be loathe to leave the french coast looking at some of the maps

Here in Eastbourne like further along the coast its cloudy muggy and quite windy - no sign of anything else yet

Posted

It doesn't look like it's going to reach our shores any time soon, it seems to be rotating east to west and not moving north at all, or very little at best looking at the 1 hour 5 minute radar loop. Not very hopeful atm :(

It also seems to be weakening. It's gone from having lots of red in it, to orange/yellow with no red or white in an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I dont think the thundery rain currently over the french coast is whats of interest...My eyes are turned further south..Looks like an MCS in the making developing up through the spine of central France streaming northwards...Plenty of sferics, IMO, thats what might clip the SE during the small hours

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

I dont think the thundery rain currently over the french coast is whats of interest...My eyes are turned further south..Looks like an MCS in the making developing up through the spine of central France streaming northwards...Plenty of sferics, IMO, thats what might clip the SE during the small hours

glad i'm not the only one watching that!