Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

July CET

Posted

A lot of warm nights this week?

Tonight and Friday night look very mild in the CET zone

Tuesday-Thursday nights are likely to be slightly below the average for high summer.

Posted

CET to 25th July - 17.2C - yesterday came in at 18.4C (CET actually rose from 17.18C to 17.23C)

Tomorrow will register a rise most likely as last night was a stinking 16.3C in CET land.

Downward pressure will resume from Tuesday.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Today was a good example. Very mild night min 15C yet the max was only 18.6C

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Most of the Midlands reached 22-24 c today.

Posted

Another mild night but again temps held down sitting around 18.6C Should give us another 0.1c rise.

Can't see there being much of alteration now until the end of the month if the GFS is to believed. Downward adjustments I'll guess around 17.2C finally figure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Blimey! My guess was for 17.4...

Lets hope we have a upward correction and we get 17.5c :rofl:, who said 17.5c on 24th June ?

We have had some 'warm' nights recently

Posted

Mmm looks like my 17.6 will be slightly a bit higher than the final CET. Expect it to be 17.4 tomorrow, thereafter I don't see much change perhaps a slight fall to 17.3, and with any downward correction finishing mark should be 17.1 or 17.2 with slight chance of 17.3 - I can't see much correction this month we have had some very mild nights.

The final figure will however, mask some marked regional differences. The NW england has seen suppressed maxima all month even though minima has been above average, whereas the south east has seen consistently higher than average maxima and minima.

It has been high minima as a whole which has helped keep the CET quite high this month, maxima away from the south east hasn't been far off average.

Posted

A cooler night for us and suppress day time temps caused a slight drop for us.

One be reflected in most of the CET zone though but for us looks like the downward movement will resume which I didn't expect.

Is Mr Eden on holiday I wanted a quick look at the variations across the country but his site hasn't been updated for a while.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

CET up to 17.4C to the 27th as expected.

Last night was a much more pleasant 12.0C and with CET land about 20/21C today, we should fall back to 17.3C tomorrow.

17.2C before any adjustments, still looks good.

Posted

17.2c without adjustments would be even better.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

A good chance of it being the warmest CET month since July 2006.

True, but at less than 1C above average, nothing exceptional.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Yup. 17.2C for the 31st looks just about favourite, though a chance of it being 17.3C too as the min for the 31st could be in the 15s so even an average max that day could up the cet.

Anywho, I'm gonna be off by over half a degree again!

Posted

Its going to be hard for a fall now on, what with minima holding up above 13c largely in CET land.

Posted

Its going to be hard for a fall now on, what with minima holding up above 13c largely in CET land.

I think you're right. A slight chance of dropping back to 17.2C by the 30th, provided tonight comes in around 10C or under, but then it looks likely to rise again on the 31st thanks too some very high minima.

Posted

17.3C to the 29th.

The minimum came in much higher than I expected at 12.0C, room for a correction there I think? That seems to have ruined any realistic chance on finishing on 17.2C now, before corrections at least.

Posted

17.3C to the 29th.

The minimum came in much higher than I expected at 12.0C, room for a correction there I think? That seems to have ruined any realistic chance on finishing on 17.2C now, before corrections at least.

Damn!! :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

17.3C to the 29th.

With some very high minimum tonight and averages around 22-25c tomorrow it can only go up.

With a small additonal upward correction 17.5c looks about right :nonono:

Posted

Can't see much alteration as 25C is really for London 19-20 will be more typical. In the meantime it looks we will come in at average 16.3c unless tomorrow is a lot hotter than shown. Note we're just outside the CET area but gain shows that there will be some large contrasts this month across the country.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Looks like my 17.3 might be slightly too high, but I'm closer than I normally am.

No, I think that 17.3 might be on the money. The question is, will there be an adjustment? It seems that during months when there have been mild/warm nights, it is less likely that there will be the usual downward adjustment. It could even tick upwards.

Posted

Amazingly unless we get a real bit of warmth this afternoon with we've just crept in just below normal 16.2C instead of 16.4C

Considering at one time we were very close to the CET value it shows how much we cooled off after the 10th.