Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Why 6 weeks? That's the end of August, storms can and do happen after then.

The loudest storm in recent years in this area happened on a September night!

yes like the Spanish and Greek season....(Sept/Oct)

Booked up for Majorca Sept 1st for some decent African imports....real cheap holiday....

Sangria,Bikini girls and storms what more can a man ask for... :lol:

maybe a slap from the misses :rofl:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A very nice line of scattered thundery showers has been developing across N Devon this afternoon, some torrential rain in that, and in Western Wales there has been some clusters of showers. Not a drop of rain here though and we are missing out on all the action. Maybe some further developments later tonight? Metoffice going for Thundery showers after midnight?

Posted

Booked up for Majorca Sept 1st

Bring us back a pressie Pat!

Donkey-2.jpgsombrero.jpg

(I was actually thinking of some storms!!! :rofl: )

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
A rather cloudy start, perhaps with a few spots of rain. Otherwise a dry day to come with some sunshine, and although cooler and fresher than recently, it will still feel very warm in the light and variable winds.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , currently moderate/heavy rain was hopeing for a storm out of this though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Precipitation over Kent (strangely resembling prolonged rain rather than showers) is heading on a collision course for Norwich. It'll be interesting to see if that, too, ends up largely sourced from altocumulus.

is this the cold front bending back in?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Got some heavy showers just about to move in here.

Not as humid as yesterday , So i doubt there will be any thunderz

Posted

Having a rumble of thunder here. very faint tho. lovely cloud formations shall take pictures. Hoping for something bit better later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Pat:

Cover your waterfall.

Looks like some stuff heading your way in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

A very nice line of scattered thundery showers has been developing across N Devon this afternoon, some torrential rain in that, and in Western Wales there has been some clusters of showers. Not a drop of rain here though and we are missing out on all the action. Maybe some further developments later tonight? Metoffice going for Thundery showers after midnight?

The keep missing me just to my east :( But keep getting light showers and currently picking with rain. Dark cloud to the south looks like it might actually hit me this time! Dont think much will come from it though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Got some heavy showers just about to move in here.

Not as humid as yesterday , So i doubt there will be any thunderz

Just been on top of Robinswood Hill watching it make its way up the Severn, no thunderz :( Looked pretty sweet for a while, got some panoramas and a bit of a timelapse

Now raining moderately here, still feel like were in the firing line if anything gets its act together over Devon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some nice looking showers ENE of Hereford currently - wonder if they'll survive the journey to Birmingham...Tomorrow looking decent for thunderstorms across England and Wales - looks like low level convergence across the country will provide the focus for storm development.

blimey, havent been keeping my eye on the weather the past couple of hours (sorting out business crap!) very lively showers in and around the west midlands...I've got one at the moment...Looks quite nasty on radar, raining steadily here, but the worst is just off to my west...

post-4149-001138100 1279727034.txt

Posted

The keep missing me just to my east :( But keep getting light showers and currently picking with rain. Dark cloud to the south looks like it might actually hit me this time! Dont think much will come from it though!

They seem to be forming over Devon & Cornwall strong then approach South Wales and end up a damp squib only to reform again as they approach Hereford way again - WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

They seem to be forming over Devon & Cornwall strong then approach South Wales and end up a damp squib only to reform again as they approach Hereford way again - WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me bout it lol I just dont think storms like us here anymore! Also i think i spoke to soon and it looks now like it might end up going just east of me AGAIN:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Bloody Hell!!!!!! (Scuse the language) I do declare that citizens of Penkridge have just heard their first rumble of thunder in 2010...only 7 1/2 months in the making! :(

Posted

Has been a sferic detected from either that shower just to your west or the one slightly SW of there approaching Telford. At least they're getting thundery! :( Looks like it may stay dry here.

2 Rumbles...they were pretty feeble and lifeless....I to check first to make sure it wasnt the effects of taking Sennakot, lol...but thunder it was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Certainly some really tasty showers moving across Western areas, with some rather intense downpours associated with them.

@weather09: I think you will end up under one of those clumps of showers to the West, should they maintain their energy. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Certainly some really tasty showers moving across Western areas, with some rather intense downpours associated with them.

@weather09: I think you will end up under one of those clumps of showers to the West, should they maintain their energy. :(

Fingers crossed:) some make it over South Cheshire way looking at the radar I might just be in with a chance if Staffordshire is beginning to see them pop up are these showers at all thundery anywhere yet??

Posted

Rumble of thunder just heard in Telford. These skies are looking dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Just a few, I counted about 9 rumbles from a thunderstorm earlier, seen my first fork lightning of the year also.

Huge storm over Belfast area at minute, though too far away to give me any tasty stuff. At least I got a direct hit this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

GET THIS

Was bummed out reading this thread this morning, and not expecting anything..

Then for about the last 40 mins its beeb getting incrededibly dark to the south east, then in the last few mins 3 rumbles of thunder and even a fork of lightening!

Madness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Rumble of thunder just heard in Telford. These skies are looking dark.

:what part of Telford u in? sky does look dark but i can see blue sky coming towards me!! think im on the edge on it :(

Edited by Shane

Posted

Few sferics being detected across parts of NI, Belfast area

Yep, thunderstorms on and off here since lunchtime :(.