Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Seems to be a big cloud front swinging round on a point somewhere over central Lincolnshire. Got a friend in Lincoln whos reporting severe rain at the moment, we're just getting constant drizzle at the moment.

Posted

Yeah loud and repeated rumbles around Nuneaton although we've escaped much of the rain so far, action in almost every direction but I am at work now, pah.

Posted

Something got hit just over the back of my house lightning went straight through two houses by me.

I see you're in Tamworth by your posts but maybe pop that in your profile so it appears beneath your name because

you'll only get asked again!

I thought that storm was Tamworth way.

I have to say that in all the years I have had the Net Weather radar, I have never ever seen a cell a shower as heavy as this...

90-120mm an hour :lol:

Andy, look carefully, there are 2 brighter pink dots in your circled downpour which are higher intensity than you state!

Posted

OMG its raining . . . ok not a big deal but seems like forever since I last saw rain

Hoping for some thunder later but not holding my breath

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:lol: still waiting for the storm... Its gone really cold and breezy out, and any lightning I see which is about 1 flash every 10-13min, is the crappy CC kind. Not that CC is crappy, but the lightning is that kind you can photograph, and is so fast that its barely visible. Just a flicker dead quick, and the streak isnt even full streak, but fragmented streak, like its too lazy to connect all the way. So camera is ready, but the lightning is defo not photographible. Thats the update so far. Birmingham looks like its gonna get slammed!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I think the end of the world has come for Tamworth :lol:

That is a severe storm, I wouldn't be surprised if tornado's kicked off in that.

Posted

Lol @ Harry

If Leanne was out and about in SE1 She will concur. 2 other posters from Ukww also reported it, one from Islington and one from the West End.

Typical - we decided not to take the chance and eat outside, so sat inside the pub instead, so didnt see or hear a thing!:blush:

And now I am at my desk, the only rumbling I can hear is from the building work going on with regards to the Shard of Glass being constructed a stones throw from my office :lol:

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

looks like there could be more heading your way forming over Brecon and moving in your direction

Do you think we will get anything today? everything seems to be going around us on the raintoday radar! looking to my east where the clouds are slowly coming from, there is nothing but broken cloud :lol:

Torrential downpours woke me up at 6.30am, no thunderstorms but alot of rain in a short space of time. Since then there hasnt been much.

Woke me up as well. :lol:

Looking mostly dry at the moment but the past week has taught me never to discount the chance of rain.

Posted

Dont be silly Andy - Thats was most of the South East looks like - Lots of Sand and no Greenery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

OMG that storm is making a GAP exactly where my post code is!!!! :lol: :blush: :wallbash: :wallbash:

post-8050-060496800 1279802128_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

OMG that storm is making a GAP exactly where my post code is!!!! :lol: :blush: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Crimsoney, put the radar imagery on 'smoothed' rather than 'pixelated' it gives a better picture :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Still waiting for thunder, its clouding over outside

Posted

Do you think we will get anything today? everything seems to be going around us on the raintoday radar! looking to my east where the clouds are slowly coming from, there is nothing but broken cloud :lol:

heading for Swansea rather than us mate - we might get something later as the centre of the low moves

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Heavy rain now died out for us and doesn't look like any more for the time being.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

heading for Swansea rather than us mate - we might get something later as the centre of the low moves

Great towering clouds to my North and Northeast. Seems to be further north, so the shower might clip to the north of Swansea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Best of the instability slipping south and east of here now; done for the day methinks. Still, had some very impressive rain, everyone in the Midlands southwards have fun and take care, some of the cells are vicious!

Aaron

Posted

Crimsoney, put the radar imagery on 'smoothed' rather than 'pixelated' it gives a better picture :blush:

:lol: hey cool!!! I didnt know that button existed! The cell to my north is intensifying but just sitting there. Lots of rumbles, but they are so low, and with the traffic I cant hear them well, plus the brickies over the road are gabbin louder than the thunder.

Im worries its gonna pass me by!!! :wallbash:

Latest radar or storm going around the Crimson Sheild (smoothed)

post-8050-017193700 1279802863_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've heard thunder rumbling away to the east and south east for over an hour but when I look at the radar, incredibly (but typically ), my location is under a small circle of desert-like dryness while all around there are heavy downpours which just seem to sit in the same place.

I shall weep and roll naked in hot ash if all this activity misses me today.

Posted

I thought that storm was Tamworth way.

I have to say that in all the years I have had the Net Weather radar, I have never ever seen a cell a shower as heavy as this...

90-120mm an hour :lol:

I've got a screen capture of a cell reaching over 250mm/hr near Buxton from 14th July last week...