Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Great towering clouds to my North and Northeast. Seems to be further north, so the shower might clip to the north of Swansea.

seem to be moving more north east to south west on raintoday - so you should get something - they've not developed into anything great yet but you never know

Posted

:lol: hey cool!!! I didnt know that button existed! The cell to my north is intensifying but just sitting there. Lots of rumbles, but they are so low, and with the traffic I cant hear them well, plus the brickies over the road are gabbin louder than the thunder.

Im worries its gonna pass me by!!! :blush:

Latest radar or storm going around the Crimson Sheild (smoothed)

Looks like Mansfield or Sutton is getting a drenching at the moment..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Waiting for something.. :'( looking at a powerfull cell crossing the channel :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I've heard thunder rumbling away to the east and south east for over an hour but when I look at the radar, incredibly (but typically ), my location is under a small circle of desert-like dryness while all around there are heavy downpours which just seem to sit in the same place.

I shall weep and roll naked in hot ash if all this activity misses me today.

Well at least you've heard thunder. Haven't heard any noise bar rain on the roof, drills and wheelie bins. Some good stuff to the south east of us but not coming our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I've heard thunder rumbling away to the east and south east for over an hour but when I look at the radar, incredibly (but typically ), my location is under a small circle of desert-like dryness while all around there are heavy downpours which just seem to sit in the same place.

I shall weep and roll naked in hot ash if all this activity misses me today.

:crazy: You and me both!!! I just had a line of storms 2 hours ago that had me in a direct hit, only for me to watch the line VANISH and develop on its northern and southern edge to go AROUND me They are just sitting there to my north now. Its gone so cold here too...

Well at least you've heard thunder. Haven't heard any noise bar rain on the roof, drills and wheelie bins. Some good stuff to the south east of us but not coming our way.

The cell north of Nottingham has my (S18) name on it. I've been following the track, it's very slowly heading north and will eventually start swinging a little westwards as well.

I'm literally willing it to keeps it's intensity (or get more intense!) and make it here eventually. Maybe by 4pm it'll be here :crazy: No idea though!

@Crimson - if you have it on smoothed also choose Traditional, the colours are brighter and everything looks more intense! :rofl:

Posted

:crazy: You and me both!!! I just had a line of storms 2 hours ago that had me in a direct hit, only for me to watch the line VANISH and develop on its northern and southern edge to go AROUND me They are just sitting there to my north now. Its gone so cold here too...

It seems to happen a lot in Nottingham though, I've lost count of the amount of times I've sat and watched the clouds building up the Trent Valley from the SW and they've conspired to miss me in Carlton by a matter of miles.

Posted

anyone near boscombe down confirm anything looks like a heavy cell moving NE

On the NW radar that's showing up as having reached 250mm per hour intensity for a few mins!

Waiting for something.. :'( looking at a powerfull cell crossing the channel :crazy:

You'll be waiting a looonng time for that today!

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Estofex have now updated todays forcast, much of southern england is now under a lvl1 warning for possible tornadoes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

On the NW radar that's showing up as having reached 250mm per hour intensity for a few mins!

You'll be waiting a looonng time for that today!

Yeah, lol i don't mind as i am watching a cell die and another one powering up :crazy:

Guest Quantumsnow

Am I the sole remaining member of the no storms club or is anyone else still in???

Big white fluffies and the odd grey cloud plus some sunshine seems to be the order of the day here.. If I wasn't confined to my mobile I'd insert a very sad/head-banging emoticon here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It seems to happen a lot in Nottingham though, I've lost count of the amount of times I've sat and watched the clouds building up the Trent Valley from the SW and they've conspired to miss me in Carlton by a matter of miles.

OMG- please, dont remind me- I know right? I INVENTED the ACME storm sheild, this city is definately forsaken, the fact we got a storm on June 6th, blew me away! Even snow we get jipped on!!! The winter just gone saw Nottingham get a TOTAL of just over 3inch of snow for the whole winter, I wanted to get a gun and blow my own head off. Got the house up for sale to move to the peak district, I cant handle living in a weatherless city!! :rofl:

Sun is now currently out :crazy: Check out my weatherless donought I am sitting in- :angry:

with new graphic colours!!

post-8050-015563000 1279803959_thumb.png

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

Am I the sole remaining member of the no storms club or is anyone else still in???

Big white fluffies and the odd grey cloud plus some sunshine seems to be the order of the day here.. If I wasn't confined to my mobile I'd insert a very sad/head-banging emoticon here!

still in

Posted

How exciting I hear thunder and all around me the skies are black but where I am is brilliant sunshine! On a second check looks like we are about to be rained on depending on the wind direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Lol nah your not the only one!! :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Shame, Looks like another non-event for round here.

This always seems to happen, We end up in the middle. Everything goes round us, Then come afternoon it starts to build here then fade away before anything.

Must just be the thing now.

Suppose ill have to get used to no storms round here for the rest of my life lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Currently in Amesbury. Can hear thunder. Very dark towards Boscombe Down and Tidworth direction. Light rain here

Posted

OMG- please, dont remind me- I know right? I INVENTED the ACME storm sheild, this city is definately forsaken, the fact we got a storm on June 6th, blew me away! Even snow we get jipped on!!! The winter just gone saw Nottingham get a TOTAL of just over 3inch of snow for the whole winter, I wanted to get a gun and blow my own head off. Got the house up for sale to move to the peak district, I cant handle living in a weatherless city!! :rofl:

:lol: Its worse here, we're about three feet above sea level at home, so get no snow at all when it drops, although, I do get to see the big storms screaming off the Peak District in the distance every now and then, and we had a lovely one up the Trent Valley last year as well, about ten miles east of me.
Sun is now currently out :crazy: Check out my weatherless donought I am sitting in- :angry:

with new graphic colours!!

You're going to hate this, but that bright pink splodge thats currently over Mansfield appears to be heading for my neck of the woods..

Posted

I still can't believe I missed the rumble of thunder in London this lunch time - if only we had sat outside as we planned to.

I'm a bit disapointed so far - I thought there would be at least the odd torrential down pour in this neck of the woods today, if nothing else :crazy:

Posted
*** NexStorm TRAC Report generated 22/07/2010 14:09:36

Tracking 2 thunderstorms from IOW

-------------------------------------------------------

Thunderstorm ID G-2891 detected 13:14

Storm location bearing 358.2 dgr distance 242 mi

Last recorded activity 14:06

Intensity class Weak

Intensity trend No change

Current strikerate 1/minute

Peak strikerate 5/minute

Total recorded strikes 69

Cloud-Ground strikes 35 - 50.72%

Intracloud strikes 34 - 49.28%

-- Strike type distribution --

Positive Cloud-Ground [+CG] 3 - 4.35%

Negative Cloud-Ground [-CG] 32 - 46.38%

Positive Intracloud [+IC] 26 - 37.68%

Negative Intracloud [-IC] 8 - 11.59%

Thunderstorm ID K-4640 detected 13:44

Storm location bearing 345.5 dgr distance 207 mi

Last recorded activity 14:07

Intensity class Weak

Intensity trend No change

Current strikerate 1/minute

Peak strikerate 4/minute

Total recorded strikes 20

Cloud-Ground strikes 9 - 45.00%

Intracloud strikes 11 - 55.00%

-- Strike type distribution --

Positive Cloud-Ground [+CG] 0 - 0.00%

Negative Cloud-Ground [-CG] 9 - 45.00%

Positive Intracloud [+IC] 8 - 40.00%

Negative Intracloud [-IC] 3 - 15.00%

*** TRAC Report end - NexStorm V1.7.0.2612:PCI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I've got a screen capture of a cell reaching over 250mm/hr near Buxton from 14th July last week...

Ooohya beauty :rofl:

Ok so there is thunder now in South West Leicester, the slowest storm in the world is moving towards me, but at about a rate of 2 miles an hour :crazy: