Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Maybe a shot at some at a storm on Tuesday especially if things shift south a bit which does happen quite often i think. Lets hope so anyway! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18z shunts Tuesdays risk even further North. :/

Just hope it changes because after then its all boring again. Cant believe how boring this summer has been. Great for getting outdoors but for a bit of weather action, the worst ive known since i was born!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Thanks for the reply Nick.F.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Quite an active line going through now, large rain rattling on windows, just checked radar was quite suprised how colourful it is se/ea !

What happened to mondays storms ? so its tuesday now ? i last looked at data thursday afternoon.

Posted

I see estofex have a warning for water/landspouts for most of england today.

Meanwhile the showers have mostly missed me so far, hoping one is about to hit within the next hour.

Posted

Some rather heavy, some potent showers moving through shortly. :drinks:

Posted

Tuesday looking like a no no here for storms now. Charts keeping this firmly for the North. Doesnt look like it will budge towards the South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some rather heavy, some potent showers moving through shortly. :drinks:

yep, one of those has just stopped play at the test match in Brum

Posted

Lol were going through the dry/drizzly gaps in the showers. I cant explain how boring it is here for weather.

Posted

Lol were going through the dry/drizzly gaps in the showers. I cant explain how boring it is here for weather.

don't suppose it can always be fire and brimstone/ floods and 6ft snow drifts - turning out to be quite a nice day in Wales - some heavy stormy showers are about though

Posted

Looks like a storm is about to hit, shades of red and white on the meto radar.

Better get the washing in.

Posted

Looks like a storm is about to hit, shades of red and white on the meto radar.

Better get the washing in.

Just hit Doncaster. Tipping it down with rain, but thats about it.

Posted

There was a big shower here at about 6pm, but no thunder or lightning whatsoever. Not a single rumble of thunder here all year, not even distant!

When was the last time we were talking about French imports?

Posted

Been an active sky watching day today with plenty of large TCu and CBs around since late morning.

One downpour at about midday then, after a mostly dry afternoon, some very heavy bursts of rain developed over the Bristol Channel

and moved SSE to affect this area between 17.00 - 19.30ish.

Posted

Whilst umpiring at square leg during a cricket match today, i witnessed a quite outstanding funnel cloud! It started out as a sort of needle, and gradually got wider and longer. There was a slight bend in it and it got quite large in the end. Was gutted i couldn't take a picture as i've never seen one before wallbash.gif

The funnel formed on a cloud base that was rather high and i'd expect if it was low the funnel could have kicked a bit of dirt up rofl.gif

Posted

18z even throws up some convective potential for the Midlands but clearly thing are still changing a fair bit so best to wait until tomorrow evening or possibly even Monday to begin firming this up. Anyhow, the 18z is more interesting for us here.

Posted

Some nice cloud structures today! this shower exploded behind my field and dumped rain to the east of my house! was nice to see but no sferics ugh.

Posted

looking interesting for tuesday ,thanks for updates weather09 ,at least GFS is upgrading our storm ingredients thats a good sign!

Posted

Storm risk really confined to the North on Tuesday. Cant rule out something near the front in the South too but doesnt look great there. Here meanwhile in the Midlands, absoloutley nothing!

Posted

Great pic. :angry:

Cheers snow cat :help:, when i checked it on radar it literally formed from one side of the field then exploded on the opposite side! was lucky to capture it! should of done a stop frame video.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Today's model output not too promising regarding thundery potential with the shortwave and associated frontal system (triple point) crossing Sern England during Tuesday. GFS has revised things considerably southward with convective activity over the channel. Other than that, thundery showers and isolated weak thunderstorms for Scotland and perhaps Nern England under upper low during the same period.

Thanks for the update weather09,

It's a shame really.:D Only a week ago it all looked so promising!

I have now learnt that whenever we get near the proposed time it always gets downgraded.

Hopefully Autumn will have some potential.Something has to give eventually lol.