Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted

Some showery rain earlier has cleared, still quite a bit of cloud but its more cumuliform cloud that has bubbled up with some darker bases forming. nice blue sky in the breaks.. temp risen from 14.0C to 16.7C in the last hour. Think the best of any chance will be later in the afternoon here. Things moving in the right direction at least.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Or was.. now raining but still quite bright!

yep! lol! just need to get rid of the rain and things will start brightening up again! fingers crossed for some nice heating this PM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still very cloudy here - not sure if the sun will come out and get activity going (knowing our luck probably not!) Still, it might be dry when I go to football but I'd still prefer a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Prolonged very heavy shower passing through here currently - no thunder or lightning as of yet. Looking at latest obs, temps are responding to the cloud breaks across the E and NE, with temps reaching the upper teens.

Nice drop of rain here!

Indeed some nice sharp showers beginning to develop and still a good couple of hours from the beginning of peak instability. :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

First few decent cells seem to be going up around the wash area now. :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

hi all heavy rain here now fingers crossed for some thunder today :)

Watching it go by from up on Birdlip now :) great place for spotting but vis is very poor atm. Gonna stay here. Might post some 'live skies' pics :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

first moderate shower of the day here....Quite a nice anvil.....GFS LI NW overlays are now showing some nice energy & buoyancy developing over the north and east midlands now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not expecting much up here today, though I have been spoilt for storms in the last couple of days- I was fortunate enough to be directly under that train of thunderstorms in the Manchester area on Thursday and what a show that was! :D Let me tell you, some of that rain intensity was out of this world!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just had a heavy shower here, No thunder though..

I love the look of those cells north of us.

Posted

i hope tham cells come right over us with loads of thunder and lightning, can but hope :D

has anyone got up to date radar image for this area ?

Posted

i hope tham cells come right over us with loads of thunder and lightning, can but hope :D

has anyone got up to date radar image for this area ?

keep an eye on the meto and rain today - a good rash of showers is developing around birmingham and heading this way as we speak

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My Sky just died, "no satellite signal being received", usually happens when storms are about...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Still no thunderstorms around at the minute, but it looks like the sun has really pepped some of those showers up. Small cells are forming south of here so it looks like we are thankfully in for a dry day. Sky looks menacing around here but the clouds are empty. South Wales into South West England looks like seeing the best of any thundery activity today as those showers move in a North Easterly direction. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had a big shower pass through here, no thunder but some gusty winds. Nothing much on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just to add, has anyone noticed if you play the loop on the radar, that those showers are rotating like a small pressure system?

Posted

Just had a big shower pass through here, no thunder but some gusty winds. Nothing much on the radar.

YET!!!! but cast your eye towards the midlands - everything's coming our way - for a flippin change

Edited by andymusic

Posted

On Meteox there is a huge cell moving up from the South East Of France....fingers crossed that doesnt lose energy (More than likely :wallbash:it will)

That looks huge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

My Sky just died, "no satellite signal being received", usually happens when storms are about...

or you forgot to pay the bill! :D

heavy shower just gone up in the past 15 minutes in the Walsall/Bloxwich area, quite an intense core on that one

Guest FireStorm

Just to add, has anyone noticed if you play the loop on the radar, that those showers are rotating like a small pressure system?

Countrywide? They would do. Low pressure is centred right over head in the south-east throwing the showers around it

Also interesting to see what's now hitting SE Kent from an IMBY perspective and about to smack into East Kent itself from Calais

Edited by FireStorm