Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Haha gotta laugh when i just looked at the raintoday radar to see that the showers have split up and look to go around bridgend rather than over it!!! Storm shield has kicked into effect! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very active showery day across some parts. Interesting developments this afternoon with gusty winds. Some showers here and another one about to hit.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WOW just some amazing anvil development , there was this low cloud underneath it that i thought at first was a large tornado lol.

Lots of impressive cloud formations about and one large almost supercell like structure way off to the south east

Posted

Afternoon everyone.

Couple of distant rumbles 10mins ago. Currently Running a time lapse of the storm (that has now become quite strong as it moves away from here)

Heres a still from the time lapse

post-3585-010589200 1281801392_thumb.jpg

Posted

Lots of impressive cloud formations about and one large almost supercell like structure way off to the south east

I'm keeping my eye on one coming in off France, pretty high anvil can only just see the top of it above the other cloud at the moment. Hoping it comes this way most others have gone east of here so far today.

Posted

Blue skys to the east and it looks like that may be it for the day. Everything seemed to go past to the north or south and although we had rain, there was nothing electrical.

Maybe next time cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nice looking anvil on that shower/storm which has just cleared away from Wolverhampton and approaching Bridgnorth. Think I might take some pics - looks nicely defined.

yes, just about crying here, it missed by just a few miles and looks to be gathering strength as it trundles away to the SW...Looks great in the distance as it recedes.....stunning looking structure

Posted

It died rapidly as it came towards the coast :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Blue skys to the east and it looks like that may be it for the day. Everything seemed to go past to the north or south and although we had rain, there was nothing electrical.

Maybe next time cray.gif

Down in near me i have some blue sky, i think there could be more !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

yes, just about crying here, it missed by just a few miles and looks to be gathering strength as it trundles away to the SW...Looks great in the distance as it recedes.....stunning looking structure

Getting the backedge of the storm here now. Should get some nice pics soon. Glad we finally had our 2nd storm of the year! About flippin time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

LOL as per normal, Stuff to the north, Stuff to the south.. Nothing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

barring something very surprising then that's my chances gone for a burton...I thought I might be a fraction too far north today...Looking at the steering winds, I'd need something to blow up to the north of Nottingham for it to drift downwind to me, and to be frank, there's little energy or lift in that area to aid development...rather frustrating as the largest CAPE values are pretty much overhead, meaning of course that showers get a boost of instability and energy as they drift downwind away from me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

LOL as per normal, Stuff to the north, Stuff to the south.. Nothing here.

Same problem here - just getting the monstrous rain without anything interesting.

Posted

Getting the backedge of the storm here now. Should get some nice pics soon. Glad we finally had our 2nd storm of the year! About flippin time!

still yet to have one....in fact not a single flash or bang here this year, thought I heard thunder on thursday but it wasnt......very bad year for thunderstorms :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For a brief time i began looking for a funnel cloud as there was low scud for a time and gusting winds throughout!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm surrounded by red blobs on radar and there is a lovely big dark grey cell to the East of me! Surely somethings got to happen.:wallbash:

Posted

Another heavy shower here. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Big cell to my east.. Fingers crossed for in 45 mins..

Fyi:

Twister is on ITV2 @ 17:50

Posted

Although things are dieing down now a bit, cells are still developing/strengthening here in the West Midlands thanks to the instability above us. Lots and lots of anvils about today. Just had a rainbow today. Excellent day in the end. :wallbash:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Above all the low crappy cloud, there are some super cloud structures around here - really strong and solid looking cbs to the north and east, clear to the west and dark scuddy sky to the south. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential rain with bouts of thunder since 3pm in the French Alps.

Posted

Good anvil gone up to my east and one distant south east!

:D

Wow at calais! :wallbash:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

You can see the thunderstorms I'm experiencing here in the Alps on http://www.sat24.com . Look how big an area is affected!

Edited by alza