Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nottingham cell has pepped up to above 32mm/hr rate. Just shows that we still have high instability above us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ah well, Once again. Great chance, but nothing more than a few spots of rain.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Those cells died off rapidly , didn't even get any thunder today

Just general rain really nothing too amazing , another day of a poor summer overall storm and heat :D

:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nottingham cell has pepped up to above 32mm/hr rate. Just shows that we still have high instability above us.

yep, high in my eastern sky now...very well defined anvil top, and fingers crossed, looks like a potential direct hit, lets hope it still has some 'balls' left in it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, cover me with flour and bake me for 20 mins, its thundering.....the cell thats now centred to the west of Burton upon trent is looking quite potent on radar, and is producing audible rumbles every few seconds

Posted

Another impressive looking cell heading right this way. Some lovely structure in these clouds today. Fingers crossed for a few more flashes. Looks like Epsom got hit with what is now heading for me.

Posted

Didn't manage to get any pics of that cell near Wolverhampton as the sun was obscuring my view. Still some good convection around here, with some nice towering Cu to my north in particular. Not too bad of a day in all - the storm near here earlier was rather weak, though.

Wasn't sure if that's the cell I'm looking at now to my NNW - lovely flattened out top. Thought it might have been a little too far away going by radar, though.

The august thunder drought is finally over here 5 years!!!

Only until 5ish it got interesting,otherwise just been a cool day with a few light showers in a pretty strong north wind.

So today was a mini mini thundery version of June 1982 with a couple of CB`s coming in from the E/NE.

2 heavy downpours thunder to the east/south.

Then thunder to the west after the 2nd past 1 flash/1CG seen.

Most thundery august day since 23rd 2004.

Wind has now dropped was NE and feeling slightly muggy for the first time today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

A couple of rain showers in Portsmouth about half hour ago with a couple of rumbles of thunder but all clear now, boring!

Posted

just had an awesome storm pass through. first proper on of the year. i watched the cell develop and it exploded just before reaching me. awesome stuff.

i still think round here theres energy build more, so hopefully might get another later on.

When are they supposed to start dying off tonight?

Posted

typical....it promised lots, then within striking distance, the cell splits in two and dies as it passes overhead giving just a smattering of rain.......seriously though, it makes me wonder, if there's a scientific reason behind this phenomena, it happens more often than not here, local topography perhaps? :whistling:

the southern flank which was producing the brightest echoes died abruptly, whilst the weaker northern flank suddenly exploded and is no doubt giving stafford a bashing

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just heard my first 2 rumbles of thunder since 15th Apr 09, small shower moved in from the E/NE, and heard 2 rumbles but saw no lightning, heavy 5 minute shower now moved towards shrewsbury

so am I out of the no storms club or wha?

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Evening everyone,

There is currently a nice storm between St. Ives and St. Neots, heading westwards.

It is producing thunder, I've not seen lightning yet. It looks lovely though!.

post-200-046103400 1281809187_thumb.jpg

Edited by we1330

Posted

Just heard my first 2 rumbles of thunder since 15th Apr 09, small shower moved in from the E/NE, and heard 2 rumbles but saw no lightning, heavy 5 minute shower now moved towards shrewsbury

so am I out of the no storms club or wha?

pretty feeble effort wasn't it Mark?.....anyhoos, the odd couple of rumbles doesnt count apparently, so we're both still firmly entrenched in the No Storms Club! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

just had an awesome storm pass through. first proper on of the year. i watched the cell develop and it exploded just before reaching me. awesome stuff.

i still think round here theres energy build more, so hopefully might get another later on.

When are they supposed to start dying off tonight?

It certainly hasn't exploded in this part of St. Ives, all I can see / hear is a nice storm heading towards St. Neots, producing quiet thunder!. I've not seen any storms here this afternoon. :whistling:

I did see a Tornado heading Northwards in Peterborough earlier though :cray:

post-200-081199800 1281809451_thumb.jpg

Edited by we1330

Posted

It certainly hasn't exploded in this part of St. Ives, all I can see / hear is a nice storm heading towards St. Neots, producing quiet thunder!. I've not seen any storms here this afternoon. :cray:

I did see a Tornado heading Northwards in Peterborough earlier though :p

I was in Fen Drayton again, and saw it develop from a white fluffy cloud, to a full blown lightning show as it went right over me! Feels good to be out of the no storm club properly.

Want more though :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had the potential to be a good storm day, but turned out that 80% of the shower activity passed to the east of Weston.

Posted

Had some back building overhead, lots more very close strikes in the past 15 minutes and very torrential rain. Check out the radar over Rushden since 7pm!

That was too close for comfort!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

This storm is becoming quite intense. Frequent T&L and very close.

I can hear a storm in the distance but very little here at the moment

There is some lightning here and distant rumbles, actual storm is around 5 miles off, i live in the town centre

Can see the dark clouds building now!

Going to get some video!

Posted

I can hear a storm in the distance but very little here at the moment

There is some lightning here and distant rumbles, actual storm is around 5 miles off, i live in the town centre

Can see the dark clouds building now!

Going to get some video!

Typically none of my equipment was charged! Never is when it all starts kicking off.

Been a good storm this one, easily the best of the year so far and still going strong after an hour or so. I'm about 2-3 miles north of your locale so closer to the action.

I think I'm going to have to turn the PC off now. This one is becoming a beast! Very close with lots of lightning and violent thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

i can see distant anvil tops to the west, no storms today but nice cumulus to watch, thats a good pic of the A1 loco, it came through my area in may so i took video of it leaving Burry st edmunds:D