Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2010/2011 Part 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Every year with out fail the daily mail have their ice age alert out :p

And they'll be the first to start ranting about excessive spending when, based on the Mail's own inept and risible 'contributions', councils all over the UK overspend on rock salt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!
<br />And they'll be the first to start ranting about excessive spending when, based on the <i>Mail</i>'s own inept and risible 'contributions', councils all over the UK overspend on rock salt!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

lets hope those pepperoni people with the cameras get the headline pphoto of the chief editor landing on his backside in the snow!

Oh the justice!

i HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY THIS SUMMER SO HAVE NOT POSTED FOR MONTHS BUT:

As I said last autumn and, the autumn before, if it DOESN'T snow in Bourne, Lincolnshire in November we are in for a jolly good dump in January/February as was proved twice. My better half calls me a Witch because I often know things before they happen so look out Lincolnshire! :cold::crazy:

Posted

Hi guys,

This is my first post for this year... but I have been reading all posts cool.gif.. nice to see you all

Well here is a link for the joe laminate floori's Europe winter update before his full winter forecast for Euorpe

European August Heat and its Connection to the Euro Winter

http://www.accuweather.com/video.asp?channel=vblog_laminate floori

what do you all think??? :)

Hi guys,

This is my first post for this year... but I have been reading all posts cool.gif.. nice to see you all

Well here is a link for the joe b Europe winter update before his full winter forecast for Euorpe

European August Heat and its Connection to the Euro Winter

http://www.accuweath...laminate floori

what do you all think??? :)

Oo ... whats wrong... i cannot post joe's name here.... lol

well .... type "Joe b video blog" in Google.

Guest Quantumsnow

Oo ... whats wrong... i cannot post joe's name here.... lol

well .... type "Joe b video blog" in Google.

Welcome to the forum lutfishah, you're not able to post Joe B's full name due to the NW swear filter kicking in, as a concequence the link doesn't work!

I've had a look via google though, do like seeing what Joe B says, he is fairly entertaining. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Better than handing out shovels I suppose!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-11531149

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I don't think that we'll be having a 'blowtorch' winter this time...

I think joe could be wrong on this years winter

uk and ireland will get a winter like last year

even if you look at his forcast for last year he said most of Ireland and Uk wouldent be that cold and he said normal amounts of snow so he was wrong with last years one too BUGS ME WHY PEOPLE SAY HE WAS SPOT ON LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS NOT AT ALL

THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WHO GOT THE I WINTER CORRECT LAST YEAR WAS pyrotech

Edited by johncoolj

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

I think joe could be wrong on this years winter

uk and ireland will get a winter like last year

even if you look at his forcast for last year he said most of Ireland and Uk wouldent be that cold and he said normal amounts of snow so he was wrong with last years one too BUGS ME WHY PEOPLE SAY HE WAS SPOT ON LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS NOT AT ALL

THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WHO GOT THE I WINTER CORRECT LAST YEAR WAS pyrotech

Joe was spot on. He said most of the UK and Ireland would be cold but not AS cold as mainland Europe and that's exactly what happened.

Joe was spot on. He said most of the UK and Ireland would be cold but not AS cold as mainland Europe and that's exactly what happened.

no he dident he has normal amounts of snow for ireland which was wrong Joe laminate floori's snowfall amount model:

img-resized.png Reduced: 74% of original size [ 549 x 435 ] - Click to view full imagepost-19696-1257818314.jpg look ireland and norway he has as normal Europe.

<P itxtvisited="1">Picture_6.png look above he was wrong here too normal temps for uk and ireland wrong

looking above you can see joe b was not correct at all

Edited by johncoolj

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

no he dident he has normal amounts of snow for ireland which was wrong Joe laminate floori's snowfall amount model:

img-resized.png Reduced: 74% of original size [ 549 x 435 ] - Click to view full imagepost-19696-1257818314.jpg look ireland and norway he has as normal Europe.

<P itxtvisited="1">Picture_6.png look above he was wrong here too normal temps for uk and ireland wrong

looking above you can see joe b was not correct at all

lol yeah but he wernt far off give credit were due he said cold he was right its like having a go at the met office because 2 inches of snow fell instead of 10 inches which i might add happens,its a genral forecast not 100% no one can predict 2months ahead exact locations.

:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Interesting from the meto for early November, end of October:

"Both minimum and maximum temperatures could become well below average for the time of year, with overnight frost likely."

Never seen that kinda talk from them before, ie "Well Below Average max and mins".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

How much grit could they get for £90000?

Just what people want to see their money being spent on in these times of savage cuts...

It makes sense when people need to get into work and their kids' schools to open as normal — the economy lost an estimated £1 billion last year through lost output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

yet another story, the media are catching on to the cold winter possibility

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

sorry i post the link intresting to see brain gaze mentioned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8061737/Snow-to-hit-Britain.html

Edited by badboy657

Posted

Silly term "blowtorch" to use during winter. A blowtorch is hot and therefore more appropiately to use during a heatwave ie early August 2003.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2003/Rrea00220030810.gif

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

It makes sense when people need to get into work and their kids' schools to open as normal — the economy lost an estimated £1 billion last year through lost output.

I personally think some schools especially city ones are far too quick to close down. Our local comprehensive was shut down for nigh on a week at the start of the year, the first time for many years. After two days, it was definitely unnecessary to be shut, IMO.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

Derek Brockaway from the Beeb for Wales has posted a blog saying

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/walesnature/2010/10/winter_cold_snap.html

Posted

sorry i post the link intresting to see brain gaze mentioned.

http://www.telegraph...it-Britain.html

thanks for correcting my link.

the story of this winter is definately starting to filter through to the general public

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I have noticed over the last month or 2 that the CFS has often been showing a huge temperature plunge during the second half of October. Would be great to get winter off to an early start like 92 or 93!

Thought I'd add the above quote, from the beginning of August!

Seen as an impressive temperature drop is expected over the second half of the month, is that the CFS charts showing their use or simply a bit of luck?

Posted

Thought I'd add the above quote, from the beginning of August!

Seen as an impressive temperature drop is expected over the second half of the month, is that the CFS charts showing their use or simply a bit of luck?

Erm there have been better starts to winter, i don't recall these winters starting off any good and being stand out.blink.gif

If i was hoping for a good start to winter i would have used, 78/79/ 1981, 2008, 2009 as a pure example.

infact those winters were shocking and would never want a december like them, nothing major, i recall them being mild

i am aware it started cold in november, but nothing happened after

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Erm there have been better starts to winter, i don't recall these winters starting off any good and being stand out.blink.gif

If i was hoping for a good start to winter i would have used, 78/79/ 1981, 2008, 2009 as a pure example.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was just trying to make the point that the CFS charts may have gotten the October pattern quite well several months ago. Also, the years I was referring to were just the last sub 9C Octobers we got, nothing to do with the rest of winter :)