Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The 3 Counties And East Anglia Spring Weather Discussion

Cookie

Posted

Happy New Year, Snow Fans! (and anyone else!)

Have a good night tonight and here's to happy lamp post watching in 2011! drinks.gif

Posted

Maybe a stupid question but curious if temperatures get down really low again can your weather station break? If its outside?

I'm guessing the remote sensor is designed to be out in the worst of extremes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Very quiet in here. BBC is showing chance of snow for me on Tuesday but i highly doubt it. Do we think the cold will make a return anytime soon????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I don't think the Weather will be too exciting for the Midlands or East Anglia for the next 5 days, snow possible on Friday/Saturday but it's looking very borderline right now, just got to hope it changes for the better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

next 14 days look like our normal winter, those who say we will get snow in this time must have drank a lot during the holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

We have light snow here!!! Can not belive it, there is a white covering on all surfaces outside. :smiliz23:

Current temp 1c

Dew point -2c

Wind chill -1c

Posted

Just come in from town its cold but not bitter and there are a few very small but definately snow flakes floating in the wind.If you look very carefully lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Was hoping to go to the BBC's Stargazing even in Great Notley this evening...not looking clear enough at the moment though. What are your thoughts on how cloudy it'll be around 5/6pm today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Was hoping to go to the BBC's Stargazing even in Great Notley this evening...not looking clear enough at the moment though. What are your thoughts on how cloudy it'll be around 5/6pm today?

I don't hold out much hope of the cloud clearing tonight )-: Twas quite looking forward to catching a glimpse of the Quadrantid meteor shower tonight but will just watch the BBC 2 prog at 8pm instead

maybe tomorrow will be clearer...

http://www.meteoblue...rams/00LOND.png

maybe not !

Edited by shadowcat

Posted

I had a great time skiing, it's a shame though Tuesday morning turned out like it did though. I got some unexpected snowfall where I was staying but nothing significant. Today has been very dull and cold, hovering just above freezing.

The last time 10C was recorded here was on the 12th November. Will be interesting to see how long that continues for.

Posted

Light shower of snow here this evening in Great Yeldham, North Essex. A call from my brother in Halstead made me look outside as he had just been in braintree where there was a dusting. I wasn't really expecting this, although that said I don't expect it to amount to much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Flash warnings of severe or extreme weather

Freezing Rain & Widespread Icy Roads

East of England:

Cambridgeshire

Norfolk

Peterborough

A band of rain and occasionally freezing rain, sleet and snow will move southwards during Tuesday morning, falling onto freezing surfaces to give icy roads.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 0755 Tue 4 Jan

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/ee_forecast_warnings.html?from=rss&sn=2670

Posted

The Met are still quite bullish about sleet and snow on Friday, but as milder air pushes up from the S, it looks like any wintry precipitation will turn to rain on Friday night into Saturday.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Very very very light SNOW here at the coast it's definitely snow and not rain, sleet etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The last time 10C was recorded here was on the 12th November. Will be interesting to see how long that continues for.

I don't think you'll wait longer than a week. :whistling:

Posted

I don't think you'll wait longer than a week. :whistling:

Knowing the British weather I think you are right! :D

As I mentioned in my previous post, the Met are bullish about snow on Friday, and have now issued an advisory for heavy snow on Friday:

Heavy Snow Fri 7 Jan A band of snow will move south to north turning to rain. Several centimetres of snow are possible, particularly over hills.

Issued at: 1119 Tue 4 Jan

This advisory has been issued for the whole region. And as for the country as a whole, it applies for counties North of the infamous M4 corridor...

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

East of England: severe weather warnings

Heavy Snow Fri 7 Jan

post-10773-0-88582100-1294174247_thumb.g

A band of snow will move south to north turning to rain. Several centimetres of snow are possible, particularly over hills.

Issued at: 1930 Tue 4 Jan

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/ee_forecast_warnings.html

Posted

Friday must be causing some headaches for forecasters at the moment. It depends on the Pm airmass, and the uppers that make it to the region before the front arrives from the S.

Latest raw UKMO output suggests -4C/-5C Uppers get into most of the region by the early hours of Friday, but these will retreat Northwards as the warm front introduces milder air. The picture should become clearer tomorrow, as Friday will come into range of the high res NAE model. I will make a more detailed post tomorrow evening based upon the 12z output.

Edited by Ben_Cambs