Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Slightly Less Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Cookie

Posted

It could be worse...you could be Ian Brown. Now that guy gets some negative points and doesn't moan as much as you. Seriously,if your gonna leave because someone has given you a negative rep then you might as well leave. WTF is wrong with you? I have enjoyed your rants in December but lately you turned into a right little old woman.

BTW,i haven't given you any negative points nor do i really care if i get any or not.

*Stamps feet*

i thinks its a case of we are all not getting the weather we want and its getting peoples backs up but there is no need to fall out with each other i thought this was meant to be a friendly forum and if we were getting the weather ie. snow and cold everone would be nice as pie with each other dont ya think?

Posted

no fog here at present do you think it will reach further parts of the north west?

Would expect it to extend to other areas overnight, yes. :)

Posted

Would expect it to extend to other areas overnight, yes. :)

thanks mate cheers

Posted

i thinks its a case of we are all not getting the weather we want and its getting peoples backs up but there is no need to fall out with each other i thought this was meant to be a friendly forum and if we were getting the weather ie. snow and cold everone would be nice as pie with each other dont ya think?

I agree but sometimes some people should sit back and have a word with themselves about their childish behaviour.:wallbash:

Posted

I agree but sometimes some people should sit back and have a word with themselves about their childish behaviour.:wallbash:

but then again we all can be childish at some point just look what happens when it snows, we are all outside making snowmen and throwing snowballs LOL

still -2 here and currently clear so im guessing temps will drop further

Posted

I thought you all might enjoy one of my Inversion pics from today. Taken just before sunset above the clouds on Chinley Churn, with a flock of Canada Geese in the foreground.

post-8763-0-03253400-1295553446_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

really foggy here again with moisture falling from it making a layer of ice on everything again. Listening out for fog horns on the river.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Thanks to those who actually didn't minus my posts pointlessly. It makes me feel bad then, because I feel like people don't like me and that my post is not very good. :p

VERY thick fog outside, it's -0.4C after sinking to -0.7C earlier.

To those of you who are interested:

I have indeed enforced a weather warning today at approx 17:17pm.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/68073-daily-weather-prediction/page__pid__2034134#entry2034134

Posted

Hmm, -1.4C out there now. Just took an interesting dive.

I wonder why?

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Some proper cold out there right now. Temps struggled to get above freezing here, with thick white frost lingering in spots where the sun didn't get to work.

Tonight with have freezing dense fog and everything is sparkling white with thick hoar frost. Tomorrow morning could be a beautiful winters scene, the mositure from the fog will likely deposit rime, too many it will look like snow has fallen overnight. Think I will get up quite early to enjoy the views...

Not sure what temp is but I note Shap already down to -7 degrees. I think it is about -5 here.

Its a pity the weekend looks a much cloudier affair, days like today are superb winter days, and we don't even have the sparkling arctic air. A wonderful day with wall to wall sunshine and blue skies. Tomorrow should be a carbon copy but the fog could be very slow to clear...

Posted

Fog has temporarily lifted. Temperature is -2.1C.

I fully expect the fog to return shortly.

Can see the moon but fog patches are about which are dropping ice crystals and everything is white.

Last month, we had moderate snow from fog and I wonder if it will happen again.

My six year old son (he was actually five at the time) coined the term "SNOG" last year to describe snowfall from fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

My six year old son (he was actually five at the time) coined the term "SNOG" last year to describe snowfall from fog.

In that case it's snoggin' here lol :winky:

Edited by saintpeter

In that case it's snoggin' here lol :winky:

It has to be proper snowflakes falling out the fog though, plain old freezing fog doesn't cut the mustard :lol: :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

A cold couple of days with dense freezing fog lingering for most of the day. A low of -4.5C on Wednesday night and -2.3C last night.

Temperature dropping quickly already. Going to be another cold one tonight. Current temp 0.2 with a dewpoint of -3C. Trend -1.8C an hour.

Posted

Thanks to those who actually didn't minus my posts pointlessly. It makes me feel bad then, because I feel like people don't like me and that my post is not very good. :p

VERY thick fog outside, it's -0.4C after sinking to -0.7C earlier.

To those of you who are interested:

I have indeed enforced a weather warning today at approx 17:17pm.

http://forum.netweat...34#entry2034134

Backtrack I'm not sure what you are referring to as I've had no internet for the past couple of days but I'm sure you'd enjoy your time more on here if you stopped worrying about what other people thought of you all the time. We all have differing opinions and we're never all going to agree on the same thing so don't take things such to heart. Now give over and stop being so daft. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well another cold day today max 0.1c breifly, now back down to -1.5c. Last night got down to -4.7c pretty cold spell of weather but it is now boring the life out of me, stubborn highs are very hard to shift, this time of year should be active and interesting normally in my book whether that be gales/rain or snowfall etc..... anything is better than this stationary spell!!! Grrrr :whistling::)

Posted

The dense freezing fog is back. Currently -2.5C

Posted

Temp hit 5.9C today, once the fog rolled out early this morning. Yesterday for brief periods we lost the fog and mist, and temps rose to 4C before fog briefly rolled in last night.

Since last night and this morning its been rather patchy, but clear this afternoon. Not too cold to be honest. Right now fog is making inroads and temp has dropped off to +1.8C

looks to be steady, but likely to drop off by a degree before the fog disperses again.

Looks to be even milder down here by the end of the weekend, with temps hovering 7/8C by Sunday night. Doesn't look much in the way of rain or drizzle down here either.

Looks like Canadian blocking in gradually weakening, which is a great thing..hopefully we'll get a nice wedge of high pressure sticking around for long enough to get a blocking

pattern in for more deep cold...i guess thats wishful thinking at the moment tho.

Looks like Scandi high could develop by the end of the month..fingers crossed.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Location: Stalybridge, Eastern Greater Manchester @ 165 metres, 541 feet
  • Location: Stalybridge, Eastern Greater Manchester @ 165 metres, 541 feet

If your looking for "deep cold" like we had in late Nov and into Dec it is now looking less likely looking at the models, it's a shame BUT we have to think how good it were back in those months, the longer this goes on as it is at the moment it's letting the sun grow stronger by the day and by Feb it's actually getting quite high in the sky so anything that falls will melt much quicker than in Dec.

Have a look at this it tells you the height of the Sun during each day of the year by looking at "Altitude" under Solar Noon on the right of the page: Sun strength, sunrise and sunset times UK cities

By mid Feb as you can see it's as high as 24 degrees, compare that with just 13 in Dec, about 6 degrees is a huge difference in the Sun's ability to warm the Earth's surface. So we are slowly running out of time for any sustained cold and lasting snow cover.

Edited by Jay Lad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

If we had snow on the ground , this current cold spell would be lauded as a great one , but because we haven't it's almost going un-noticed , we have had frost on the ground for 3 days here in areas that are sheltered from the sun , at night the temp is dropping to -3c/-4c..if we hadn't been spoiled in December we would all be raving about the current cold.