Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Slightly Less Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

rain here borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Deal with it. It has been raining all day here!

Posted

Compared to more southern parts of the region, we didn't see too much long lasting rain today. Most of what fell was light stuff and lasted a couple of hours at best fizzling out early this afternoon.

Later in the afternoon it began to brighten and skies are clearing now so we may see a slight ground frost by dawn.

The next three days look possibly very bright and hopefully sunny but cold with a raw easterly wind tomorrow and Thursday in particular. The weekend at this stage is looking dry and very similiar in feel to last weekend. So the dry spell continues, it is rather unusual to see such a lengthy dry spell in the second half of Jan. The weather at the moment reminds me very much of second half of Jan 1992.

Posted

Compared to more southern parts of the region, we didn't see too much long lasting rain today. Most of what fell was light stuff and lasted a couple of hours at best fizzling out early this afternoon.

Later in the afternoon it began to brighten and skies are clearing now so we may see a slight ground frost by dawn.

The next three days look possibly very bright and hopefully sunny but cold with a raw easterly wind tomorrow and Thursday in particular. The weekend at this stage is looking dry and very similiar in feel to last weekend. So the dry spell continues, it is rather unusual to see such a lengthy dry spell in the second half of Jan. The weather at the moment reminds me very much of second half of Jan 1992.

Yeah. A ground frost where the skies clear tonight in rural parts.

For inland Cumbria and Scotland minimums of -2C to +2C can be expected. The min will only be around 3-5C elsewhere.

See my forecast later for additional details!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

feels biting out there today

Deal with it. It has been raining all day here!

touchy

Posted

well stil bitingly cold here today the sort that stings the inside of your ears

no improvement in the models today, nothing much in the way of any major spell of weather happening.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Its not been too bad here today, wouldn't say it was freezing or ought, I think I need spring/summer now, no colder stuff in the offing, I'm bored with the weather as it is, nothing to watch out for.

Posted

Its not been too bad here today, wouldn't say it was freezing or ought, I think I need spring/summer now, no colder stuff in the offing, I'm bored with the weather as it is, nothing to watch out for.

We really have been spoilt with the extreme cold.

The Easterly coming up tomorrow would of usually been one of the best spells of the winter. Highs of 2/3C and sunny days with harsh overnight frosts.

How can you not see that as cold anyway? It's a lovely, average cold spell!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Worked very hard on my forecast for the next 2 days tonight.

Would appreciate a little feedback. :):D

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/68073-daily-weather-prediction/page__gopid__2037190

Posted

Worked very hard on my forecast for the next 2 days tonight.

Would appreciate a little feedback. :):D

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/68073-daily-weather-prediction/page__gopid__2037190

Thanks for that a good read and accurate. Many seem to be dismissing the upcoming cold spell simply because it doesn't promise much in the way of snow. However, as you point out some noticeable cold minima may develop on Friday night and maxima in the next three days look supressed, many parts of england and wales will struggle to see anything higher than 3 degrees, which equals a cold spell in my book even in the depths of winter.

Hoping we see some more sunshine than in recent days but it does look quite a cloudy affair for many. Western coastal parts will do best for brightness.

Who knows some pennine parts of the region may even see a rogue snow flurry tomorrow. I'm expecting the SE thread to be inundated with reports of snow flurries or even showers with localised temporary cover in places.

We really were spolit with the cold and snow in late Nov and Dec, current cold spells like the one coming up in any other winter would have many ramping and saying how great it is to see some cold weather. Unfortunately this winter it seems no-one will be happy unless we see another spell of weather that is a carbon copy of the rather exceptional conditions experienced earlier in the winter.

Posted

Thanks for that a good read and accurate. Many seem to be dismissing the upcoming cold spell simply because it doesn't promise much in the way of snow. However, as you point out some noticeable cold minima may develop on Friday night and maxima in the next three days look supressed, many parts of england and wales will struggle to see anything higher than 3 degrees, which equals a cold spell in my book even in the depths of winter.

Hoping we see some more sunshine than in recent days but it does look quite a cloudy affair for many. Western coastal parts will do best for brightness.

Who knows some pennine parts of the region may even see a rogue snow flurry tomorrow. I'm expecting the SE thread to be inundated with reports of snow flurries or even showers with localised temporary cover in places.

We really were spolit with the cold and snow in late Nov and Dec, current cold spells like the one coming up in any other winter would have many ramping and saying how great it is to see some cold weather. Unfortunately this winter it seems no-one will be happy unless we see another spell of weather that is a carbon copy of the rather exceptional conditions experienced earlier in the winter.

Thank you. :)

Can't really see anything getting past the Eastern coast. These showers will be very light and will probably die out as soon as they try to move inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

A few snow flakes falling whilst on my way to work, not enough to amount to anything but they were there none the less

Edited by swainclubber

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

same here a few flakes of snow. Would you Adam And Eve it :cc_confused: .

We never get snow much lol

Posted

Snow falling in Bacup as I left at 0730 that followed me all the way to Edenfield then it stopped, only a very light covering everywhere, more snow grains than snow, nothing in Bury.

Posted

To my surprise. We have just had a snow flurry.

Didn't expect that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Could have sworn I've just seen a few rogue flakes of snow.

Current temp 2.3C with a Dewpoint of -3.1C.

Posted

i have been having them too, nothing to shout about though and judging by the model thread there isnt going to be either.

biting winds here too.

LOL a few flakes of snow and its jammers on here 4 people..............

and backtrack great forcast mate hope your right about feb..........

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

i have been having them too, nothing to shout about though and judging by the model thread there isnt going to be either.

biting winds here too.

.......heheheh.....yeah-I just came on because a couple of people at work said they saw some flakes this morning.I must admit I didn't believe them.....do now!

Posted

biting winds here too.

Thanks. :)

Models are not correct for today... Today's sunshine I forecast has bust, it's cloudier than forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Temp is 5.4C and the sun is out but the dewpoint is - 5.1C

Posted

flippin cold here been on the model thread not sure what to think of regarding winter, one minute its all over then the next its back on and so on but what do i know im no expert.

Posted

1c here. humidity 81% theres talk of stormy weather coming looking at the model thread pages

what do you guys think?