Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Slightly Less Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I wouldn't say it will die down mate. The wind will still be moderate.

it will die down from the current strength, latest wind speeds http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Very strong gusts here atm...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

it will die down from the current strength, latest wind speeds http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Very strong gusts here atm...

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=boen&HH=18&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

A brief 3 hour break down to moderate winds, then back to very strong winds.

Posted

:D hahaha ye that would explain it.

its usually sprouts for me mate hurricane strength with them

Posted

its usually sprouts for me mate hurricane strength with them

Haha. I might give them a try in scotland there getting 70mph they must of been hefty sprouts i need some of them here its been boring around my area need something exciting to happern. the strongest gust upto now has been 30mph :-(

Posted

Just had a 52mph gust, which is the highest recorded since 2008. It's going to have gusted higher than that (my anemometer is a bit sheltered by trees) but it still proves it's the windiest it's been for a good while tonight.

Posted

Light drizzle on and off today..which equates to your lashing it down.

(we never have heavy rain, let alone moderate, its always the drizzly

rubbish we get)

Light winds too, not even remotely interesting. Just generally cloudy

12.6C today, and i doubt we'll see anything below 7 or 8 tonight with

all the cloud and drizzly stuff around.

Round 2 of monster temps here we come.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

67.4mph max gust so far, not been this windy since last november

Tree debris and bins flying down the street, the house windows are covered in salt/grime from the sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

getting very windy here, some powerful gusts around, a wistling winter wind with lots of potential

Posted

I've been through plenty of Barocyclonic Bombs, nothing that deteriorated quite as fast as this though. 2pm I was walking home with sleeves rolled up in blue skies and completely still winds. 5 hours later the wind is rattling the window (40mph according to the Buxton weather station), due to be 60+mph later on, and heavy rain to the North.

I can see why the shipping forecast further to the North in Scotland has been advised as "Phenomenal."

Posted
  • Location: Stalybridge, Eastern Greater Manchester @ 165 metres, 541 feet

Ladies and Gents, a *possible* return to the freezer by the 12th take a look at these charts from both links :whistling:My link My link

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Ladies and Gents, a *possible* return to the freezer by the 12th take a look at these charts from both links :whistling:My link My link

9 days to go jay so still FI

but the trends are starting to show,loads more runs and prozac needed

C.S

Posted

9 days to go jay so still FI

but the trends are starting to show,loads more runs and prozac needed

C.S

Definately, but they are by far the best runs for about 5 weeks, so certainly encouraging.

Posted

Id rather see the PV to our east..not entirely sure thats going to happen, and still a long way out. It looks nice on those charts

but come nearer the time I bet we are still stuck under this mild muck..hope not, but we've been here a few times, even with

trends in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Wind really has got up now, average sustained speed 31mph, gusting at just over 40mph. Started to get breezy about 30 minutes

ago

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

got really wild here in the last half hour and its been raining constantly since about four oclock.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

Taking a hammering up here, 47.4mph mean with 73.6mph max gust in the last half hour... official gust 70mph @ st bees head

plant pots, bins and bit of trees flying around and the slates on the roof are rattling like dominos seems to be less intense in the last 10 mins.

Edited by james12

Posted

Taking a hammering up here, 73.6mph max gust in the last half hour... official gust 70mph @ st bees head

plant pots, bins and bit of trees flying around and the slates on the roof are rattling like dominos seems to be less intense in the last 10 mins.

stay safe wow that was a big gust rattled my windows.

stay safe everyone

off for a brew and a nosey out the window will be back in a bit with a report of the storm.

Posted

gotta driving out to Hunts Cross to do the grocery shopping, wind speed still about the same as before. Be safe everyone, got a feeling the wind will probably increase quite a bit tonight in exposed places, including the Liverpool Bay area and up the Mersey, gonna get nasty

Posted

The downpipe on the gutter has been blown off and the pebble dash on the wall is falling off, meto have no warnings for severe gales for NW England... im not surprised

I could see severe gales happening today watching the wind/gust charts but pherhaps not quie so severe as they have been. Moved away from the chimney as the howling is making me feel nervous

Posted

The downpipe on the gutter has been blown off and the pebble dash on the wall is falling off, meto have no warnings for severe gales for NW England... im not surprised

I could see severe gales happening today watching the wind/gust charts but pherhaps not quie so severe as they have been. Moved away from the chimney as the howling is making me feel nervous

Cock up from Meto again. HGV's blown over on M6 plus A66 closed prob blow over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Not as windy as it sounds outside.

Just been out with my hand held anemometer, maximum I got was 32.8mph in the more exposed area here in Runcorn.

Maximum on my roof anemometer was 34.9mph.

Not much rain either, and I expect it to stay that way. Perhaps a 1mm or so total.

Posted

Reports of lorries blown over on the M6, trees uprooted and debris blocking roads in cumbria... just had a look on bbc travel cumbria. A few of the incidents are in the severe catergory.