Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Didn't get much rain from the cells that skirted around me. A shame, as I've just walked the dogs in the local woods to find 3 fire tenders still damping down quite an extensive area which had been alight most of the day.. (caused by kids setting light to a tyre apparently).

They had to travel 1 1/2 hours from their base as the County is so busy with bush fires... we need those downpours!

Posted

Sunset in 11 mins from now. Outside the odd one or two cells that will prep up for another hour, I think that's it for what today has to offer. Some great skyscapes for me and i'm not dissapointed that not one sferic was seen or heard, watching the radar now to see when the showers finally die off and have a little fire somewhere around town.

Posted

This setup reminds me of the 4th May 2008. There was an intense thunderstorm in Cumbria at around 6am, which took me completely by surprise. That started with cells in the West Midlands at around midnight. I'm confident the Midlands will see some quite strong storms tomorrow, but I suspect they'll be too far east to move north and affect me.

Midnight on the 4th. Courtesy METO.

bracka20080504.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Look like storms have died of Death now

Really?

Type WA7 in on your radar.

Still thunder and lightning right now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Looks like some thunderstorms are developing to my west :clap:i can only remember one last year

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The Worcestershire Cb as viewed from 30 miles away at Rugby this evening:

post-2595-0-27983800-1303499800_thumb.jp

Posted

All merging with that surface-low feature over Cheshire. So close to being a Pennine 'light-show' but vectors swung in Cheshire's favor at the last second. Lancashire up into the South Lakes will get the remants throughout the latter evening, clearing up behind for everyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

East Wales, West & East Midlands, parts of SE & CS England (esp N Of London) and N England esp NE England have a very good chance tomorrow. If storms can fire off like they did today then i have no worries about tomorrow!

Posted

I've watched that area of rain storms to my south develop over the last couple of hours, if it continues to grow..

Got that classic summer thunderstorm evening feel in the air here right now, very close with a darkening sky

Posted

Definate feel of thunder and convection in the air. High level clouds building and things seem to be stirring. Lots of current action to our south only one way it is heading and that is our way - could be an interesting few hours ahead.

Tomorrow has potential to bring some lively thundery outbreaks and downpours in central parts of the lakes. A pity as I had planned a long fell walk in the coniston fells - I don't fancy such a walk if thunder and heavy rain is forecast.. so not sure what to do now. Things have definately downgraded in the last day or so in terms of the easter weekend - we were progged a fine dry weekend - not it is looking distinctly unsettled and possibly very wet at times and much cooler.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

who thinks west/east sussex will get anything tomorrow?..I have my doubts...

LOL those cells have all combined into this monster

storm.JPG

GAHHH....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

FORK LIGHTNING NOW!

Amazing stuff. I mean, check out this radar picture... (I also have videos of lightning, I dunno if I should upload them) If you want me to put them onto YouTube, +1 this post. :p

Also, I would like to add that the lightning keeps knocking out my internet, sorry.

wowib.png

Posted

another storm lightening better now its darker!

The light show is spectacular in Warrington, tracking north into Lancashire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

and hope that monster get to me

its unlikely stu , i think we've got a much better chance tommorow judging by the charts :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Well I have to say today turned out better than one expected.

Lets hope for more of the same tomorrow :D

xD