• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Rainradar doesn't seem to be working at the moment for me, nothing showing rain wise :(

However

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/france.html

That really has exploded in expansion :drinks:

Posted

For migration follow the RADAR. Anvils will be carrying along vectored NE'lys as a result of the forcing aloft, sending the upper layers in a different direction that the MCS is going itself, its this shear factor that'll be in-part a driving force of the storms lasting into the overnight hours crossing Central England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The rain itself is going north,north east whereas the anvils are being driven north east as SNOW_JOKE says

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rainradar doesn't seem to be working at the moment for me, nothing showing rain wise :(

However

http://www.meteogrou...ed_kingdom.html

http://www.meteogrou...dar/france.html

That really has exploded in expansion :drinks:

I dunno about you but it's got VERY humid here. reminds me of evenings abroad on holiday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

you are welcome to join us its only an hour and a half from Milton Keynes you will get here just in time.whistling.gif

Thanks for the invite but on this occasion I will have to decline, I already have a date for tonight so sadly I'm not free to join you all - another time maybe rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello all.

Time to head out soon methinks!

Sunset 8.36pm and civil twilight at 9.15pm according to my data so should see skies lightening/lightning up :crazy: around that time.

A couple of latest radar grabs for all you stormchasers.

post-7183-0-65901400-1304703484_thumb.gipost-7183-0-60868100-1304703485_thumb.gi

PS! For my location i.e. CSE I'm liking the developing right hand section to the bul heading up from france, should head into Portsmouth and track towards other parts of Hants/Berks/Surrey as it gets dark. :whistling:

Stormy Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Newbury, Berkshire

Posted

Just looked outside and the sky is very ominous to the South. May be just heavy rain, but it's impressive to look at!

Posted

Shame I can't see any of the spectacular cloud formation as cloud has filled the whole sky in just over an hour, wind currently steady at 12mph, temperature 22.3c

Here she comes! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Just before the main event which over the next week will bring storms to us all :pardon:

I would like to share my timelapse of the clouds passing Birmingham

perhaps, with it`s wicked tune, it might add some calm to the forum.......Which after all.....i thought was the non-serious section of the main forum :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS1chwfz1bg

Posted

I honestly think we may be in for something special tonight (hopefully, including me). I haven't seen this kind of setup since I took an interest in storms (1 or 2 years ago- pathetic, I know :winky:)!

Good luck everyone!

Posted

Was looking good now gone tits up :wallbash:...

Last week i missed a good storm as i was in Wales, looks like i will miss this one to.. just my luck...

Getting weeker as it moves inland dont think its going to hold out. Think central England will do well though.

kaz xx

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Low dark grey clouds to my south east ,looks like rain at least.Any news of thunder near Exeter?

Posted

Just looked outside and the sky is very ominous to the South. May be just heavy rain, but it's impressive to look at!

Should be some lightning within that mass of rain in SW England.

Posted

Sunset occurs 2 hours from now in Manchester. Although the sky has gone overcast with Ac Cas around this is a frontal edge feature and luckily for us in the North, and likely the Midlanders, will stem the Northwards progression of the MCS somewhat until after dark. By which time the system will be in full-swing and nocturnal temps will have little abation with so much humidity keeping the temps up well into the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

Here comes the rain -absolutely pouring down here now.

Posted

Sunset occurs 2 hours from now in Manchester. Although the sky has gone overcast with Ac Cas around this is a frontal edge feature and luckily for us in the North, and likely the Midlanders, will stem the Northwards progression of the MCS somewhat until after dark. By which time the system will be in full-swing and nocturnal temps will have little abation with so much humidity keeping the temps up well into the night.

I agree with all of this. If I didn't think something may happen, I wouldn't be staying up pretty much all night tonight. :winky:

I hope this happens anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Not sure if its me, but it looks like it might be going slightly more northerly now??