Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Paul

Posted

Yep though that stuff further west from the band over somerset doesn't look to have much, if any activity besides heavy rain??

It's just heavy rain mate,, no thunder as of yet..

Posted

i am in gosport and yes it looks like the cloud is filling in from the southwest looks and feels rather thundery :)

Posted

There you go - 15 minutes apart - not there one minute and pops up the next

post-3838-0-86678100-1304705681_thumb.jp

post-3838-0-75524200-1304705690_thumb.jp

Edited by chapmanslade

Posted

i am in gosport and yes it looks like the cloud is filling in from the southwest looks and feels rather thundery :)

Ah your in one of the best spots! I'm only a few miles away! Lets hope this all works out for us, and everyone else! drinks.gif

Posted

plenty of thunder now from the small cell

Posted

Freezing wind here on the Bournemouth over cliff, it's all wrong more like an October low moving in to be honest! Still strikes

Posted

yes good luck everyone! dunno wether to go to portsdown hill or stokes bay? i remember in 2007 we had a mega storm come up over the isle of wight and had over 4000 lightning strikes amazing!!!

Posted

Be nice to have something here but its looking unlikely looking at the radar, lot might change tho? Feels like we could do with a storm here, currently 21.7c, 33% humidity, breeze has picked up a bit and cloudy but the decent stuff seems to be a lot further out to to the west.

Posted

That'll be the stuff that's gone over here. It maybe developing more, just gave some heavy spots here.

Yep confirmed thunder heard here now. Came out of nowhere just abouts, sky is continually getting darker to the SW so it looks like just missing me here, and heading on up Stockport/South Manchester way.

Posted

yes good luck everyone! dunno wether to go to portsdown hill or stokes bay? i remember in 2007 we had a mega storm come up over the isle of wight and had over 4000 lightning strikes amazing!!!

I remember that one! I went up to portsdown hill that day, what a show! Good Luck! drinks.gif

Posted

Heavy shower just moving into South Manchester at the moment, moving North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Can see the towering clouds behind a darkening sky, anyone who is around where I am see this too? South West Direction... Looks fantastic!

Hi, just been up to the third floor and can confirm there are some beautiful towering clouds to the south west - amazing! My step son (nearly 13) is very excited too bless him and insists on having storm chasers on in the background :rolleyes:

Posted

I think the storm advancing northwards near Manchester gives hope to anyone who's unlikely to be hit by that main band. Small storms/heavy showers are forming elsewhere. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

confirmed thunder here. huge lighting strike

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

I think the storm advancing northwards near Manchester gives hope to anyone who's unlikely to be hit by that main band. Small storms/heavy showers are forming elsewhere. :drinks:

I live in Disley south of Manchester and confirm thunder. Large dark clouds passing over too.

Posted

The storm currently over Westbury area is developing very quickly (it didn't exist 30 minutes ago). I suspect this may be a significant event as it moves north through Bath towards the M$