Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Starting to look rather turburlent up there isn't it.

We should at the very worst hear thunder here in Stourbridge....maybe!

I've just noticed those new cells near Portland.....loads more leaving Cherbourg for the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth.

I think when our thunder arrives..we're going to get drowned out by reports from the south coast!

Should be a long but great night. Even tomorrow night could be similar set up. :D

But for now, all is interesting and for once seems to be living up to the forecasts. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nice to see some fairly widespread thunder occurring. Sadly here there is not much chance of thunder as humidity is lower here than most other places at the moment (good old mountain moist air drain) so it's almost certain there won't be any here, however if someone gets a storm, get some video footage of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
rain radar:drinks:here is a looping animation with zoom, just load and watch.. Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

OMG we had the msot craziest Gust front and Shelf Cloud go threw, it went stupidly windy with crazy Rotaition and about 3 funnels too :o

Stuff to my South looks interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

sorry about that peeps wrong link...

this will work now

http://www.ustream.t...nel/storm-storm

and no need to reg to the site..

right lets see if it is working ok ..

Looks good Andy :good:

What camera are you running?

Posted

Nice to see some fairly widespread thunder occurring. Sadly here there is not much chance of thunder as humidity is lower here than most other places at the moment so it's almost certain there won't be any here, however if someone gets a storm, get some video footage of it!

I had a thundery shower 45mins ago! Nice introduction to what promises to be an interesting weekend! :-)

Posted

No?

Looking at Rain Today, the stuff in the South West seems a bit lighter on the most recent slide than the last one. Maybe it's Rain Today acting up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Thunder, lightening and rain ++ here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at Rain Today, the stuff in the South West seems a bit lighter on the most recent slide than the last one. Maybe it's Rain Today acting up...

Well yes it is a bit lighter than previously but thats not to say the Thundery action is going. Its actually intensifying in places especially to the South of me. More cells are developing behind the main band now. Loads of time left. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

More of a distant storm here lol I wonder if it'll come closer.:rolleyes::whistling::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I was driving along the Cliffs to my SE about an hour ago a squall line went over and actually blew chalk off the cliff like a tornado. The road was covered in small pieces of chalk. We stopped to watch as I didn't fancy driving through it.

Looks like a good amount of wind shear about :rolleyes:

Only spots of rain no thunder or lightning yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I had a thundery shower 45mins ago! Nice introduction to what promises to be an interesting weekend! :-)

Nice! Here its overcast with some drizzly type rain. The air must be locally stable here.

Posted

Is it just me or is everything starting to weaken?

I wouldn't worry about the RADAR for IC displays from a 'spanish plume.' Although convective in nature their regeneration relies upon shear, and the less rain there is for that the better (as moisture inflow can exhaust convective inhibition effectively suffocating the MCS.)

Granted there will be SOME precip, but being a Multicellular system its not exclusively driven so.

Posted

Looks good Andy :good:

What camera are you running?

its an old bridge cam from fuji 5500 in usb mode.

every thing is on auto for the moment.

the stream is about 2 megabytes per second upload..

i am shocked how good it is running tbh..

andy

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I was just wondering why I had seen no swifts this year then just before rain I saw .......one.

I was wondering until i saw my first this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Frequent lightening showing up on the radar in south cumbria, had a downpour about 30mins ago with worse to come I suspect... Exciting night ahead storm wise, looking very active.

16.7c and feeling muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

looking at the metoffice radar the colors dont seem that bright, the band coming up from the south seems to be thinning.

all i have had here is 2 mins of light rain and some gusty windscc_confused.gif, a bit disappointed nonono.gif

fromey