Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Some small Cu building here now, Temp is 28.3C, Dew Point 18.1C, Humidity 53%...

Posted

Some small Cu building here now, Temp is 28.3C, Dew Point 18.1C, Humidity 53%...

28.3c!?!?!?! Do you have an internet station nearby to back that up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

27.4c here with towering cumulus to the west/southwest!

Posted

It's our Davis Vantage Vue, which generally correlates pretty well with the METARs produced by RAF Wyton just up the road... Currently climbing to 28.7 :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Some interesting clouds beginning to drift across overhead

Had a lot of that over this way. I think it's instability in the mid levels causing it but we are under quite a strong ridge across the south so I don't think much can come from it today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Where did you get this from?

I think that this is a small risk associated with a finger of middle level CAPE advected north overnight. Thus meaning if anything did occur it would essentially be high based.

Posted

What's your current temp? I'm at 26.1c

Biggin Hill Airport had 25c half hour ago,seems a bit on the low side. Kenley has 27.4c atm, dont have a temp gauge myself must get one :) unless anyone has an old one floating about :)

KENLEY WS http://home2.btconnect.com/brettoliver/Kenley_Weather.htm

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Biggin Hill Airport had 25c half hour ago,seems a bit on the low side. Kenley has 27.4c atm, dont have a temp gauge myself must get one :) unless anyone has an old one floating about :)

If i had one i'd happily send it your way. You can get a basic one from Maplin for about £20 these days. Currently 26.6c now. Record so far is 26.7c on April 23 so getting close to breaking it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A lot of cumulus here too, some of them building into some larger structures.

Same happening here....towering cumulus evident to the W and SW of me

Temp 26c with 18c dewpoint.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Met office forecast has changed again...this morning we were predicited widespread thundery showers here for Monday morning/mid afternoon, now we have only a couple peppered around and theyve pinpointed the major storms to the very south east.

Posted

Just like in winter when you get localized cold spots it happenes in summer too. I'm in south yorkshire and I hit 28.4C briefly after constant sun then some heat trapping cu cover for 10 mins. Strangely my peak temp occured a few mins after the sun went in and the cu was over head.

Currently 26.1C

Couldn't have a roast today! Far too hot. I caught the sun yesterday on the golf course and can really feel it on my arms whenever I've gone outdoors today. Robin Hood Airport reporting 28C, can't be far off that here. Phew!

Posted

Couldn't have a roast today! Far too hot. I caught the sun yesterday on the golf course and can really feel it on my arms whenever I've gone outdoors today. Robin Hood Airport reporting 28C, can't be far off that here. Phew!

Too right, I can smell the neighbours cooking a roast, must be crazy, BBQ Sunday me thinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well according to this.........

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=milton%20keynes

I've just hit the big 30 °C although I'm only getting 29.6 °C on my own weather station atm !!

Posted

That ties in nicely with my 28.4C in barnsley then. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Met office forecast has changed again...this morning we were predicited widespread thundery showers here for Monday morning/mid afternoon, now we have only a couple peppered around and theyve pinpointed the major storms to the very south east.

just been on their site and it hasn't been updated since 04.49 this morning! Possibility of thundery rain spreading from the south west!!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for us anyway, the odds are stacked against us for getting anything tomorrow, just radar watch, and you never know, stranger things have happened!

I'm contemplating getting the train to Reading tomorrow ( that's as far east as I can get due to family committments ) and seeing what turns up there!

Posted

What do you guys reckon Estofex will go with for tomorrow - I am going to go with a Level 2 for much of England :good:

Posted

Well according to this.........

http://www.wundergro...milton%20keynes

I've just hit the big 30 °C although I'm only getting 29.6 °C on my own weather station atm !!

Until a few moments ago, we were at 29.33C, now at 29.22C, Dew Point 17.7C, Humidity 50%...

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=metric&station=IENGLAND272

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IENGLAND272

Posted

What do you guys reckon Estofex will go with for tomorrow - I am going to go with a Level 2 for much of England :good:

There extreme warning would make this place collapse in on It's self. Level 2 sounds likely to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

just been on their site and it hasn't been updated since 04.49 this morning! Possibility of thundery rain spreading from the south west!!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for us anyway, the odds are stacked against us for getting anything tomorrow, just radar watch, and you never know, stranger things have happened!

I'm contemplating getting the train to Reading tomorrow ( that's as far east as I can get due to family committments ) and seeing what turns up there!

True, shame I cant travel east to catch the action. Got to drive down to Newquay in Cornwall Monday afternoon so looks like i'm going to miss it all again :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

True, shame I cant travel east to catch the action. Got to drive down to Newquay in Cornwall Monday afternoon so looks like i'm going to miss it all again :p

Your going the wrong way! Lol! I'll let you know if you miss anything!!