Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Eh up, 2 flashes of lightning detected in the blob of PPN heading towards Leicester :D Sherman... Take a drive up to this great city, you might catch some thundery activity if you do.

Posted

You are talking about that blob that's heading just East of Birmingham? That's the one that I reckon has Leicester's name on it, doubt it will be thundery though. Might cool things down a bit though, so humid here, had the fan on all day.

I think the one to the west of Birmingham is capturing more attention right now due to its intensity.

The one thats heading in our direction has not shown signs of doing anything interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

You are talking about that blob that's heading just East of Birmingham? That's the one that I reckon has Leicester's name on it, doubt it will be thundery though. Might cool things down a bit though, so humid here, had the fan on all day.

Last time i check South Shropshire was West of Birmingham. Hehe. I shall let you off. The heat has got to you. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

You aint the only one matey. Who knows we may still see something yet.:lol: Come on chin up :D

Love the optimism from ya there but my towel has been thrown in.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Unless the cell to the sw of us expands it's just going to go to the west us. That's if it gets over the hills. Will be interesting too see if it gets forced down the valley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

We can hope SL, we can hope! :D

Hey Saint, how ya doing?

What do ya reckon for our neck mate, will it, wont it. ahh reminds me of waiting for the Snow :D

Posted

Crikey look at the development over northern Spain :blink:

And to think Estofex only gave this area a 50% chance of lightning within 40km of a point and us a level 1 :oops:

do you think these will catch us :p ?

Posted

Last time i check South Shropshire was West of Birmingham. Hehe. I shall let you off. The heat has got to you. :lol:

LOL, that blob was in South Shropshire when you mentioned it though! It seems to be heading NE/E, 30 mins ago I thought it was going to hit brum but it had more of an Easterly track than I first though. Good news for the Leicesterians of this world :winky:

Anyone watching the Tennis on BBC2? Great match so far!

Posted

cracking day up here regards storms and more on the way.chill out my southern friends it's only weather lol.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The destabilising cold front seems to be activating things over the West Midlands, and will probably continue to do so further east during the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Currently getting a rumble every 4-5 mins, no more sferics observed though. Starting to pass over now as getting brighter. Its nice Shropshire shows its hand first for once lol. The chips are down now!

Nope North east got there first

Posted

Hope you loaded up with a few Jumbo bacon egg sarnies and a large lunch.

Sheffield Shield just powering up.

I'm coming round your house with a pair of cable cutters tonight :rofl:

All that activity to our ssw looks South Yorkshire bound.... something tells me even you are in for a show soon!

Heres to hoping eh :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Nope North east got there first

For once! That's happened a few times thisyear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Evening all :) Looks like any chance of a sharp shower or storm is going to by-pass Malvern...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

LOL, that blob was in South Shropshire when you mentioned it though! It seems to be heading NE/E, 30 mins ago I thought it was going to hit brum but it had more of an Easterly track than I first though. Good news for the Leicesterians of this world :winky:

Anyone watching the Tennis on BBC2? Great match so far!

Yes great match and great weather watching on here too. Dark and started raining here.

Posted

what sort of height is considered 'mid level convection, and is it a good sign? we have some starting over middlesex now, base approx 8000ft (I use flightracker to watch the planes coming out of Heathrow lol what a nerd - and that gives you the altitude - tops still cauliflowering looks about 10,000ft???

Posted

do you think these will catch us :p ?

At the moment i think Nelson has more chance of getting his arm back but you never know.

In fact i may have made a good point there, looking at what Spain has got and what was forecast, maybe we are giving up too early :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Anyone remember the night of 26th May 2009, I remember staying up half the night after a few huge supercells developed over north-eastern France, pushing their way up into Belgium and the Netherlands.

Of course it was misery for anyone in Britain as everything missed us but the Belgians and Dutch must've had a fun time. Found these screenshots on strikestareu and meteo's radar that I saved that day.

243 strikes a minute, wow!

And then the Germans got a supercell a few days later on the 30th May 09!

Something to dream of eh!?!?

post-8427-0-71750400-1309201179_thumb.gi

post-8427-0-54584600-1309201591_thumb.pn

post-8427-0-50046700-1309201652_thumb.pn

post-8427-0-37596600-1309201871_thumb.pn

Edited by UKSupercell

Posted

Im a complete novice but have some big cells popped up over bay of biscay? Exploading into life and on a N/NE track? Could be of interest. But then again im a complete beginner!

Thoughts anyone

Posted

Is anyone else watching the Paul Sherman road tour on storm cam? :D Quite cool actually, at least if someone cuts him up we have their number plate on cam to name and shame :lol:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaseliveuk;sess=