Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted

Well it was a CAP bust today BUT the BBC has paid all expenses for today and will let us chase any opportunity up until the end of July all expenses to finish the show

Heading to the south coast to grab some lightning....hopefully :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Currently getting a rumble every 4-5 mins, no more sferics observed though. Starting to pass over now as getting brighter. Its nice Shropshire shows its hand first for once lol. The chips are down now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well temp not changed much 26.3, and the breeze is calming down. Could be show time later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thunder & lightning, very , very frightening!!.....excellent, monday in the west midlands = storm day..lol.....nice rumble of booming thunder to my SW :D

Lucky buggar. :lol:

Mondays have proved quite good here. 28th July 2008 was a Monday im sure too! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thunder now :D

I really cannot believe this :wallbash: I'm doomed to life membership of the NSC :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

In recent time the south east has missed out on storms and all the good ones seem to be further north! if storms are forming then thats a good sign right? everyone start blowing into the sky, maybe that will get some convection going??? :pardon::drinks:

Posted

met group radar is pretty good you can zoom in and up the spped bar to full, gives a good idear of the track of any storms, then you just hope they hold together.:pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

15 or so miles too far west again for me. Going to be a dry and quiet night by the looks of things. Typical.

Posted

The point being there has been little convective build up during today in France but is forecast to get quite severe in the coming hours as in the eastern parts of England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well it was a CAP bust today BUT the BBC has paid all expenses for today and will let us chase any opportunity up until the end of July all expenses to finish the show

Are you sure you aren't an MP?! Claiming expenses, tututututut :p

Posted

I think I got that part.

We're referring to a storm that is getting further from the UK.... hence my point it might as well be on the other side of the world RE its chances of ever getting to the UK.

Jeez, let it drop man :rolleyes:

Despite people moaning (hoping?) all day it would be a damp squibb (I bow to their superior knowledge) I think many (not all, far from it) places will see a very interesting evening and night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Thunder & lightning, very , very frightening!!.....excellent, monday in the west midlands = storm day..lol.....nice rumble of booming thunder to my SW :D

COngrats.... But thats really frustrating to here for us out west... I said dont expect anything from that line of showers, and pretty much instantly they went mental and started to become thundery!

The same cells less than 45 mins ago went over here as a moderate (not even heavy) rain shower...

Lesson of the week... Dont open your mouth and tempt the weather!

LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

:lol: To me it looks like it will move towards Yorkshire???

You are talking about that blob that's heading just East of Birmingham? That's the one that I reckon has Leicester's name on it, doubt it will be thundery though. Might cool things down a bit though, so humid here, had the fan on all day.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hope you loaded up with a few Jumbo bacon egg sarnies and a large lunch.

Sheffield Shield just powering up.

Posted

Distant flash of lightning through the mist followed by thunder 5 seconds later woo :D

Still hammering it down aswell, finally the storm drought is ending.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

had heavy thundery showers earlier, grey and overcast now.Very humid .Wind got up about 5pm died down now.Don't think storms forecast in SW though.Good luck for all those hoping for a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Now I could be completely wrong..probably but there seems to be the start of some CC trying to form out in yonder south of me.......early doors yet but lets see how this little fella grows or not.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I really cannot believe this :wallbash: I'm doomed to life membership of the NSC :wallbash:

You aint the only one matey. Who knows we may still see something yet.:lol: Come on chin up :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Eh? Paul says he's heading for the south coast, but he's now heading up the A12 past Brentford!:whistling: