Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like its kicking off over South Shropshire now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Is your sensor in the sun, or near anything reflecting the sun?

Nope, just been & checked, although garden is a sun-trap... Temperature got to 25.5c, lovely blue skies outside with hardly a cloud in sight B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just seen a CC over towards the Clee Hills. Also looks like its peeing down over there. Clee Hills are SW of WV16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

darkest sky in years. Looks like its going to explode any second

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Apart from the fact Singapore is on the other side of the world and France is a couple of miles away. Durr

Yeah, some people might have taken a couple of days off work to chase over there! £40 return or something on the eurotunnel, not bad! That storm is less than 2 hours drive away from Folkestone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Bangs head.... show line develops more intensity as it crosses Shropshire and passed Shrewsbury! Looks like the W mids could be in for some fun if that keeps up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

The 1800z Eumetsat.

cool you certainly see why the north east of france is having alot of snap crackle and pop...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

France is a couple of miles away. Really? You need to brush up on your geography I think.

France is free from stratus and capping.... that storm is already well east of the UK, and moving, well, East. Point being, it might as well be on the other side of the world. 'cause it ain't getting any closer to the UK.

DUUUUUH.

Singapore is thousands of miles away. You can see France from Kent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nope, just been & checked, although garden is a sun-trap... Temperature got to 25.5c, lovely blue skies outside with hardly a cloud in sight B)

That's why it is reading higher then, suntrap. xD :p

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Worth keeping an eye out now as the front cuts in, Wales for example..

post-131-0-97422300-1309199856_thumb.png

Well, just into the West Midlands actually those

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Perhaps the cells erupting over w midlands might encourage the pessimists who know everything to perhaps hush up a little :D

Posted

Singapore is thousands of miles away. You can see France from Kent.

I think I got that part.

We're referring to a storm that is getting further from the UK.... hence my point it might as well be on the other side of the world RE its chances of ever getting to the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm keeping an eye on that too, on it's current track it's heading for that magical city called Leicester :p Doesn't look thundery at the moment though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

They can, and do, UKSupercell. I remember September 1993 and a small but active cold front was passing through, then at around 2:00am, all hell was let loose with backbuilding storms which crossed over the Midlands and progressed NNE. Maybe Ian (TWS) or some other knowledgeable person on here can verify this?

Now talk about 'out of the blue'. That was literally unexpected given in mind that it was cloudy, humid but the BBC forecast said for a clear night for many areas. So maybe there is a distinct possibility that history could repeat itself?

Currently looking at the radar and something looking rather interesting towards the Bristol area. But after many years of disappointment, you get used to it.

Phil.

Thanks for replying. Well interesting anyway, I guess it's just sometimes it happens other times it doesn't, I would've thought the conditions were favourable originally but I'm not feeling optimistic, please prove me wrong God (if you're out there) !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

What is the point in this?

That storm is already well east of the UK and moving into Belgium. It means nothing for the UK. Conditions over France are totally different from what we have over here with the convection inhibiting capping and stratus cloud over us. This is meaningless. It's in another country for heaven's sake.

Let's all get excited about storms in Singapore while we're at it.

Are there any in Singapore!!!! Link please :crazy:

Posted

What is the point in this?

That storm is already well east of the UK and moving into Belgium. It means nothing for the UK. Conditions over France are totally different from what we have over here with the convection inhibiting capping and stratus cloud over us. This is meaningless. It's in another country for heaven's sake.

Let's all get excited about storms in Singapore while we're at it.

The point of it is It's a very interesting image for some showing what a powerful isolated storm looks like with an overshooting top by the looks of it. I for one found it more interesting than most other posts on here simply because it's a detailed satellite image rather than words like 'nothings happening here'

A picture speaks a thousand words, also it shows part of the UK and anything moving up from the south or over much of England/Wales where the activity is expected, so it is also relevant to the UK.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Fine France is 29 miles away who cares. Singapore (your example is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD

LOL, where that massive storm is though near Paris... Is about... 200 miles away from Kent and it's not moving North West.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm keeping an eye on that too, on it's current track it's heading for that magical city called Leicester :p Doesn't look thundery at the moment though.

:lol: To me it looks like it will move towards Yorkshire???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Fine France is 29 miles away who cares. Singapore (your example is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD

21 miles actually.

Posted

yep looking good now, I,m North East of yer, and its gone really dark here.

25c and 60% humidity. could start to kick of soon. Been a long wait all day

dry.gif

Good stuff mate!....very angry looking skies to my SW now, and explosive development of that cell in the past 15 mins...

compare radar grabs (it's the cell to the north of Hereford)

post-4149-0-76867100-1309200050.txt

post-4149-0-95622800-1309200064.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thunder & lightning, very , very frightening!!.....excellent, monday in the west midlands = storm day..lol.....nice rumble of booming thunder to my SW :D